[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to get the scuffs off my common memes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 750x1334
Is it possible to get the scuffs off my common memes?
>>
Cirage blanc (i dont know the English name its french jist translate it)
Anyway they look better like that
>>
>>10779949
I like them when they're beat up but the scuffs detract too much from the color imo. Thanks I'll look it up.
>>
Oh also I used these and it didn't work, worked nice for the other shit tho.
>>
if its a paint scuff from the coating of the shoe then tough luck. you have to repaint it or use a 'shoe whitener' to get a new coat. if its scuff from other materials transfering onto the shoe, you can use a Mr.Clean Magic Eraser/Melamine foam to buff it out.
>>
>>10779962
There are a couple small ones I know for sure are from the paint scuffing but the other ones are ok I think. How would I tell? Also what whitener would work?
>>
As i said use cirage blanc,the one from saphir (french brand) works pretty well for what i heard. But i seriously prefer em like That :D
>>
>>10779981
Thanks fām I'll check it out
>>
>>10779946
Buy new and better shoes.
>>
>>10780030
Fair
>>
File: Photo 25-10-2015 14 46 05.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
Photo 25-10-2015 14 46 05.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
it's where the leather is gone, obviously it won't come out

they look better beaten up imo
>>
>>10779946
Carefully rub semen into the cracks, but make sure it's not your own as this could permanently damage the supple leather.
>>
Congratulations, you played yourself.
>>
File: laughing leon.jpg (33 KB, 297x445) Image search: [Google]
laughing leon.jpg
33 KB, 297x445
Whenever I see someone wearing CPs I always "accidentally" step on them, lol
>>
>>10779946
no, just take them off before sukin dik
>>
https://m.reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/3t1h5q/cleaning_the_white_rubber_on_sneakers/

also magic eraser
>>
>>10779946
never understood why people baby them so much, they're sneakers not formal shoes ffs
>>
>>10781182
Yeah sure bruh
>>
>>10779946
sorry but i don't know what these shoes are?
>>
>>10781203
I like them beat up and off color a bit but those are a bit jarring imo.
>>10781182
Sure you do, do you also beat up Chad and take home the girl at the end of the movie?
>>10781175
Bless up
>>
>>10780988
Is this crease line at toe room normal? Because my CPs fit nicely wide-wise bit are a bit long and have these line.
>>
>>10781349
Mine have those too. It's kinda just inevitable with any leather sneaker
>>
>>10781349
It's because CP started cheaping out and using lower quality leather because of mass production
>>
>>10781700
>lower quality leather because of mass production
that may be true but all leather sneakers do this
>>
>>10779946
w2c shoes
>>
>>10781349
>doesn't know how the foot bends naturally
I think you need to go barefoot for a while before you ask stupid shit again
>>
>>10783621
looks like something you'd find at walmart or jcpenny, look there.
>>
Tbh CPs look like fucking shit when beat up. Anyone telling you otherwise is just trying to help themselves stomach the fact that their $400 shoe looks like a grayed and wrinkled piece of shit because they didn't take care of it. I'm saying this as a CP owner myself and I keep mine clean and in good condition for that reason. I will admit tho the leather insole became super comfortable after about 2 wears and I love how the leather contours to the foot. As far as avoiding dressing goes, size down, like a lot. I wear a size 10 in designer shoes and I bought a size 8 in my CPs to get my foot to completely fill them up. They were tight at first but they've became one of my most comfortable "fashion" sneakers after wearing in. I have no hideous creases whatsoever thanks to the drastic size down.
>>
>>10784003
*creasing goes
>>
>>10782603
All leather shoes crease save those made with shell cordovan.
>>
>>10779946
You laced them up like a cunt
>>
>>10784017
It's how they're laced when bought new.
>>
>>10784003
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Why would you size down TWO sizes. You're just going to stretch the width of the shoe and wear down the stitching at the seams.

Buy the correct size and don't be an idiot.
>>
>>10784244
well the correct size is about 1 size down if you have wide feet and you can probably go 1.5 comfortably
>>
>>10784017
I'm gonna lace up your cunt
>>
>>10784268
got him good
>>
>>10784253
CPs fit TTS stop trolling
>>
>>10784350
have you ever bought a pair of cps
gtfo troll it's well regarded you size down one
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 750x699) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 750x699
>>10784358
No that's just a meme to get people to buy the wrong size.
>>
>>10784350
Nah you should size down unless you have wide feet.
>>
>>10784244
fits perfectly fine for me bro, if u browsed any other forums or fb groups outside of /fa/ you'd know the standard for CPs nowadays is 2 size down
>>
>>10784244
The pictured vintage high tops actually fir huuuge, I wear a 13 nike, 46/45 achilles and 4 other pairs of none vintages CPs, and a 44 CP vintage, I speak from experience, I assume your not
>>
>>10784024
>>10780988
You shouldn't actually keep them laced in that sawtooth manner; it's only for easy adjustment straight out of the factory, on display. It pulls on the eyelets unevenly, and you'll get unnatural creases (as you can see).
>>
>>10784006
and shell folds are so very, very sexy
>>
>>10781700
this is total made up bs

>>10784003
lol ok child

>>10784006
>>10788232
shell cordovan is total trash on sneakers. good boot leather is not good sneaker leather, please check your r/goodyearwelt bullshit at the door
>>
>>10788438
we were just talking shell in general
don't think I've ever seen it on a sneaker but now I sort of want to that you've brought it up
>>
seems the only ones that exist are these, from epaulet
meh
they kinda scream "just wear derbies you fuck"
>>
>>10781197
>https://m.reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/3t1h5q/cleaning_the_white_rubber_on_sneakers/
except these are leather and not rubber
>>
>>10779961
>Premium Shoe Cleaning Wipes

This is not a thing. its like you want to see the world burn.
>>
>>10788136
what manner should you lace them in?
>>
>>10789075
I'd say standard criss-cross. It doesn't prevent wear-and-tear as much as over-under, but the latter might look bad on Common Projects.

But don't keep them with that factory lacing. Not only does it wear out the eyelets unevenly and cause unnatural creasing, but it also screams "I just bought my first 'fashion' shoes and wore them straight out of the box."
>>
>>10779946
Use Leather Shoe Shine.
>>
>>10780988
You can restore this shoe. Smh, I can't believe how much dumb-asses are on this site
>>
File: image.jpg (796 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
796 KB, 3264x2448
~2 years

One option is repainting if you dont care about the branding- not saying it was a good idea or recommending it but its an option, mine were completely scuffed to fuck on the heels and toes- also covered in spray paint.

Yes i'm playing osrs
>>
Unrelated q

Why do cps squeak so fucking loud
>>
>>10789216
the finisher they use, its a really dull finisher- in my experience these are really squeaky on sneaks where the insides are also leather as well as the tongue.
>>
>>10789191
pLOx elaborate on how exactly u painted them and with what
>>
>>10789325

scrub the fuck out of them, like proper with w/u liquid and toothpaste everything- all you should be doing with the following is renewing paint on raw leather- not painting over dirt.

used nail varnish remover to remove the finisher and some of the white paint on them- mainly where the scuffs are and get it down to raw leather (not all over, there's no point)

angelus white leather paint carefully with a small brush, one panel at a time, wait till it dries a bit then smooth it out for an even finish.

angelus matte leather finisher all over- it's milky so you kinda just brush it all over (like egg on pastry) then once it starts to dry a few minutes later its like pva glue so you can smooth it out and get rid of blobs easily.

at this point its quite shiny, so maybe a few hours later id buff with a white towel to get them to a matte finish, new laces, get used to being extra squeaky and have a cry that you just lost your branding.
>>
just glue dildos to your feet and it will look better then those pieces of shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
>>10789145
Thanks for this post. I just redid the lacing on my bballs, did I do it properly?
>>
My white CP achilles lows (43) fit a little loose, and they are pretty new. Anyone with a 42 feel like going up a size? Also, if I sold these on grailed, how much could I expect to get for them? 300? 250?

Or should I just stop being obsessive about the sizing and wear thick socks? For reference I am size 10 in flyknits and 10 in new balance, and 9.5 in chucks.
>>
>>10791194
if they are too long they look like clown shoes. closer to $250
>>
>>10791434
I am 6'2" if it helps, they dont look like clown shoes to me at least
>>
>>10781182
I wish a nigga tried me
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.