[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get a merino sweater >unbelievably comfortable >wear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
File: Picture 6.jpg (834 KB, 3280x1845) Image search: [Google]
Picture 6.jpg
834 KB, 3280x1845
>get a merino sweater
>unbelievably comfortable
>wear it 23.5/7 for five days, walk five miles, fuck a girl, take it off to shower every other day
>pull it off and sniff the armpits
>no smell
Why doesn't everyone wear this stuff all the time? Holy fuck.

Pic related, it's the red Eddie Bauer pullover I have as a baselayer.
>>
animal cruelty
>>
I'm somewhat convinced that wool is the best fibre in the world.
>durable
>doesn't get cold when it gets wet
>regulates body temperature
>pleasant visual and tactile texture
>anti-bacterial, so it can go months without being washed and still smell fine
>will probably get you laid
Is there any reason to wear cotton over wool, other than price?
>>
>>10776088
animal cruelty
>>
>>10776045
>>10776095
explain
don't they just shear them real quick?
>>
>>10776099
this is obvious bait but for anyone who actually wants to be a responsible human being, then please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zHjY9Pc0Nk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEnPPuItF5k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7nKvgaMEaU
>>
>>10776109
how is my interest bait you utter fucko
thanks for the links either way
>>
>>10775654
looks gay af
>>
>>10776115
sorry, this board has made me jaded
don't let my attitute inhibit you from living ethically though
>>
>>10776109
thank you for making my wool sweaters/ animal products cheaper while you pay for overpriced fake materials
>>
>>10776127
>cotton
>overpriced
nice try rationalizing your sociopathic ignorance
>>
>>10776134
cotton is a terrible material though
it absorbs moisture and smells, shrinks or deforms after a few washes, is neither warm enough for cold weather or fresh enough for hot weather

I agree with the concern for animals, but wouldn't it be better to research which companies use wool without cruelty
>>
>>10776145
you can't "use" wool without cruelty though
shearing is very painful and often deadly practice and regardless of inflicted pain you are still exploiting a defenseless animal and delegating its life towards improving your own selfish desires

by the way, the argument that cotton is a terrible material and therefore we need to torture innocent animals to be more comfortable is completely ludicrous and psychotic
>>
>>10776162
>shearing is often deadly
>let's kill off our stock so we can't make profits
Gr8b8
>>
>>10776186
hmm, someone didn't watch any of the evidence I posted out of fear of being woke and having to actually put some thought and effort into their life

ironically you are the sheep fucko :)
>>
>>10776162
>shearing is very painful and often deadly practice
no it's not lmao
I've seen the process first hand at my cousin's farm and the shearers take literally two minutes with the entire animal. since shearing is always outsourced (materials are expensive as hell) even a single dead animal can kill a business/get someone fired
>>
>>10776192
okok if u say so

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/67710374/petas-mutilated-lamb-campaign-sparks-backlash-graphic-content
>>
>>10776203
your inbred cousin doesn't represent the entire wool industry jesus fucking christ :)
>even a single dead animal can kill business
lmao, trust me, the don't give a fuck
>>
>>10775654
Yo OP, I think I have the same scarf as you!!!
>>
>>10776208
Posting obvious propaganda isn't an argument anon
The videos I posted speak for themselves as they are unbiased, unedited, raw footage

Also, even if you forget the torturous, barbaric way sheep are treated, are you fine with exploiting another animal and making its sole purpose in life being shorn routinely for your comfy sweater? If you answer yes you need serious psychological help.
>>
File: 1394784553835.png (89 KB, 406x286) Image search: [Google]
1394784553835.png
89 KB, 406x286
>>10776162
>shearing is very painful and often deadly practice and regardless of inflicted pain you are still exploiting a defenseless animal and delegating its life towards improving your own selfish desires
>>
>>10776217
>your inbred cousin doesn't represent the entire wool industry jesus fucking christ :)
man you're dense. I'm agreeing with you for the most part, but your perception of the industry doesn't represent the whole industry either
so refer back to the part where I said
>but wouldn't it be better to research which companies use wool without cruelty
>>
>>10776162
It's all relative :^)
>>
>>10776238
fag
>>
>>10776288
buddy, you obviously don't understand my point at all if you think that you're agreeing with me. you keep going on about how you can humanly exploit and torture animals but it's just an argument that inherently contradicts itself. no one is arguing who ethical, safe sheering of sheep because it just doesn't exist. it's the same thing as saying someone can ethically kill an animal for meat.
>>
>>10776297
have fun living your pointless life solely propelled by
>muh fits
:)
>>
>>10776301

So is letting these sheep free so that they can die in the wild because of the excess hair they produce ethical?
>>
>>10776311
it isn't an easy decision because we've fucked sheep up so much genetically already that it will take 100's of years for them to revert to a normal level of wool production, however, there are outliers that can still produce wool at a normal rate and with time, the genetically fucked sheep will die off while the relatively normal sheep will continue to pass on their genes. it sounds fucked and I don't like it but the solution doesn't lie in continuing to perpetuate such a cruel system
>>
>>10776305
have fun living your pointless life solely propelled by
>muh sheep
:^}
>>
>>10776301
I prefer the death of literal subhumans to the subjugation and degradation of ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS to make the cheap "animal friendly" alternatives. Not to mention the much greater impact these petroleum based materials have on the environment. inb4 muh feelings
>>
>>10776109

third world shitheads are apparently third world shitheads who fucking knew

i've shaved a few sheep before when i was working on a farm, most of them just stand there and don't care at all

as long as they've still got a warm enough place to sleep without their fur it does not matter

literally skinning them would make it more difficult because you'd just want the fur and skinning is a pain in the ass, especially alive
>>
>>10776332
you dumb fuck 51% of all CO2 emissions are from ANIMAL AGRICULTURE

FUCK OFF trying to rationalize you insane, psychopathic life choices by assuming that I wear polyester JESUS FUCK
>>
>>10776338
again buddy, you shearing a couple of sheep for granny's knitwear doesn't mean shit for the 99.9% of wool
>>
>>10776343
>animals breathe
wew
>>
>>10776344
of the wool industry that treats sheep as inanimate tools to make money off of
>>
>>10776344

we sold the wool commercially

the other guys were much faster but just as gentle

i think being nice to animals is more of just a white people thing

so buy american made wool clothes
>>
>>10776347
maybe I shouldn't assume this isn't bait because you actually might be autistic but the CO2 emissions come from all industrial purposes that constitute the animal agricultural industry not animals breathing you dumb fuck
maybe if you got off of /fa/ for five minutes you would actually learn something about the world
>>
>>10776349
being "nice" to animals is in your DNA
we share 98% of our genetic code with apes and they are HERBIVORES
so fuck off for assuming that I'm white (I'm not) and for thinking that ethics is exclusive to the rich so you can live you hedonistic lifestyle carefree
>>
>>10776362
lolololol

we share 50% genetic code with fucking bananas.

I guess we should stop eating fruits and veggies, too?

you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>10776356
nice try sheepboy, did they whisper those "facts" into your ear while you made sweet love to them?
>>
>>10776316
Animals kill other animals. Sheep are no less inherently cruel than humans. If there somehow were a way for their pea-sized brains to comprehend a method by which they could improve the quality of their life at the expense of another's, they would do it without thinking.
No argument can be made to say that we, being intellectually superior to animals, are to be held to an arbitrarily heightened standard of basic ethics. They're sheep.
>>
>>10776362

i mean i hunt as well though but there's a difference between that and cutting up a sheep

how much of our genetic background is shared really has nothing to do with how we act, humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas also and i'm a total asshole to some bananas

did i assume you're white? i thought i assumed that you weren't but what do i know

anyways everyone in those videos abusing animals were non-white
>>
>>10776362
you couldn't even finish an art degree could you mate? apes aren't nice at all btw
>>
>>10776376
Sheep and humans are herbivores so you're wrong actually
Someone only acts out violently unprovoked if they have serious mental problems, which seems to be the majority of this board

>>10776369
Humans are biologically herbivores you ignorant fuck, maybe you should have done your freshman year biology homework

>>10776370
no argument lmao

what I see is a bunch of psychopathic /fa/ggots who are so desperate to get laid they will torture and murder animals so that they can further delude themselves into thinking that they look good

please, all of you, just fucking kill yourselves
>>
>>10776045
>>10776095
>>10776362
>>10776316
This butthurt is likely arising from the enormous amount of sheep dick you've taken in the ass lately. You might want to ice that and wrap it in a nice soft absorbent wool bandage
>>
>>10776383
I'm an evolutionary biology major you pathetic fuck I know what I'm talking about, unlike you, a chef at Wendy's
>>
>>10776382
Yeah actually the amount of genetic similarity between us and other primates is VERY significant because it gives further credence to the proven fact that animals have evolved as herbivores, just like other apes
you most perfectly capture the image of a pseudo-intellectual and I think that deep down you know that
>>
>>10776392
no you're definitely not. and if I'm a line cook then you're a fucking rat in my hat
>>
>>10776390
>Butthurt
For a second I forgot that I was speaking to NEET faggots on a Mongolian Origami forum
>>
>>10776356
xD So not only do animals make better clothing and prevent child labor, it also helps with global warming when you kill'em. You just committed idealogical suicide, prinicipal sheepfuck.
>>
>>10776400
>you most perfectly capture the image of a pseudo-intellectual and I think that deep down you know that
lmao. you legit cracked me up thanks anon
>>
>>10776401
165 Prospect St, New Haven, CT 06511
You first.
>>
>>10776389
>pointy teeth
>tear flesh
>inb4 you dont have pointy teeth cus low test faggot never experience being alpha predator of earth
>>
>>10776409
Killing animals doesn't prevent child labor nor does it "help" global warming. Unless you mean that you want to perpetuate climate change then?
>>
hey guys, how is Uniqlo's merino wool?
>>
>>10776414
Hippos have the largest canines in all of the animal kingdom and they are herbivores you uneducated faggot.
>>
>>10776418
made with extra cruelty. i highly recommend it, just bought 4 different colors myself
>>
>>10776420
>uses faggot as insult unironically
>psuedo-intellectual spotted
>aaaaaaaand back to reddit u go
>>
>apes and humans are herbivores
>>
>>10776431
>can't form a rebuttal
>tells me to go back to reddit instead
you're sooooooooooooo intelligent anon
>>
>>10776420
Hippos have those teeth for a reason. They fucking kill shit. So what is the difference with humans? Obviously we were not biologically designed to let other opposing species live in peace. A hippo is never gonna stop killing shit because "animals feel hurty when I bite them"
>>
>>10776437
100% true, don't let the meat industry keep lying to you ;)
>>
>>10776439
They kill shit in self-defense but naturally they are herbivores so what is your argument?
>A hippo is never gonna stop killing shit because "animals feel hurty when I bite them"
They don't go out looking to kill shit in the first place you fucking retard
Don't foot yourself into thinking that humans are actually equipped to break apart the skin and flesh of a freshly killed animal
Sure, maybe with guns and other shit we're efficient killers but morphologically we just don't have the means to be killers
>>
>>10776450

>Implying we didn't use other evolutionary advantages such as our ability for tool making to allow ourselves the nutritional advantages of consuming meat
>>
>>10776450
your bait started off 6/10 but now it's around -2/10. could you go ahead and off yourself so we can start the new year with one less fag
>>
>>10776450
Lol humans are some of the most predatory and aggressive creatures on the planet. The reason we are so social compared to most animals is because of the leverage gained in hunting prey. Why is war a thing, why does the Purge actually make some kind of sense, why do people enjoy boxing, mma, violent action movies, competitive sport, EATING MEAT etc?
Humans are natural predators, our ape ancestors might not have been, but we have transitioned into a predatory species through natural selection.
>>
>>10776465
there are absolutely no nutritional advantages to consuming animal protein it actually causes diabetes, heart disease, and alzheimers.
>>10776470
another /fa/ggot defined by
>muh fits
lacking in any intellectual ability whatsoever
>>10776474
people enjoy eating meat because of how it's cooked an prepared
there's a reason why people don't eat raw, uncooked meat you dumb fuck
we only started eating meat 10,000 years ago after the last ice age so no, we are not "natural predators" by any means whatsoever
if we were natural predators we wouldn't have to rely on tools and weapons to kill animals with i.e. lions, claws, teeth, etc.
>>
>>10776490
you're too delusional and vapid to even fuck with anymore. enjoy your last (You) friendo
>>
fuck this thread, you faggots aren't worth losing sleep over
>>
>>10776509
>animal welfare
>vapid
please die in a car crash tomorrow night you insufferable human scum
>>
>>10776490

>No nutritional advantages
>Animal protein isn't easier to acquire in harsher climates and isn't calorically denser than plant protein, making it a more convenient source of energy for the type of animal early hominids were
>Implying it wasn't an important enough of a shortcut that we literally became bipedally evolved organisms just to help with long distance tracking of animals

Whether it's optimal or not, it made perfect sense that our ancestors went after meat. Also that ice age thing is false (though I agree we aren't "natural predators" in the way that person implied) since we have been eating meat for much longer than that.
>>
>>10776490
The intelligence to create these tools is what makes us natural predators. We would never reach our level of technological advancement if we were simple herbivores. Many scientists have said that for any creature on earth or elsewhere were to ever reach or excel the level of human technology they would have to be carnivores from the start, because all carnivores have to be smart to develop ways to capture prey. Not to mention the MUCH higher amount of energy we receive from meat. We would be spending all day grazing if we were naturally herbivores, and would never have reached where we are today without the power of meat.
>>
who gives a fuck about animal cruelty that's just nature
>>
>>10776514
>car crash
>using automobiles
absolutely pathetic display of sympathy for the environment. i hope you get trampled by a herd of sheep and become fertilizer for their grass
>>
File: shrek-the-sheep-16.jpg (180 KB, 880x632) Image search: [Google]
shrek-the-sheep-16.jpg
180 KB, 880x632
Friendly reminder that sheep have been genetically bred throughout all the years they have been domesticated to never stop growing their wool. Sheep are actually harmed if you don't shear them after a certain amount of time.
>>
>>10776490

>10,000 years
Check out our closest relative, who we diverged from millions of years ago going ham on bambi here.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.