[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of LL Bean? I'm thinking of getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: seo_logo.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
seo_logo.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
What do you guys think of LL Bean? I'm thinking of getting a nice jacket from them. Any recommendations?
>>
Bean boots are an ugly American tradition, if you listen to everything The New Yorker says
Vintage made in USA LL Bean mountain jackets are a an American tradition, if you listen to everything the internet says
the rest is pretty much trash
>>
Boots are god-tier. Don't listen to >>10774109; they have a unique aesthetic and are very well-made.

Flannels and winter coats are good, too

Don't go overboard with too many pieces in one outfit, though. You will look comically Americana/reddit.
>>
whipped my bean boots out for the first Time the other day since It snowed here in New York. I like them a lot despite them being butt ass ugly they get the job done. I got mine at a discount price because of messed up stitching that you can barely see unless you're looking for it.

recently bought a flannel from them also. very happy with it so far and plan to order more very soon.
>>
>>10774523

Lucky you. My Bean boots are on backorder until March.
>>
>>10774648
I go to school near Maine so there was an L.L. Bean outlet store. Got my Bean boots from there 3 years ago anticipating the New England winter. God they're ugly but sturdy as fuck. They are also great in the snow. Too bad all the preppy kids at school have made me grow to hate their look.
>>
>>10774675
They do look effective in the rain which is what I need and they're at least interesting looking than those plain black rainboots
>>
>>10774091
Flannels are god tier and they have good quality non-flannel button downs. I've had my boots for six years (starting no one liked them) and now I get all of the poon. Jackets and socks are all great. Careful with sizing, sometimes the shirts are tailored for dad bods.
>>
>>10774091
Bean isn't exactly fashionable but it's quality. I'm from away living in Maine now and my first visit to the Freeport flagship store explained a lot about this state fashion wise. Looked like a thrift shop with +$100 price tags.

Still I get a lot of Bean stuff from family for holidays and I rock it. Problem is around here you're pretty apt to run into someone wearing the same flannel shirt as you.

Oh and they have like a lifetime warranty on shit so most times you can exchange or get credit if something comes unstitched or otherwise fucks up.
>>
File: 1446432115012.jpg (271 KB, 820x974) Image search: [Google]
1446432115012.jpg
271 KB, 820x974
>>10774091
I live 15 mins from the flagship store. Will proxy for food.
>>
>>10774091
hello reddit!
>>
>>10775272
nice meme
>>
Good knits, good housewares (got a pendleton blanket from them for Xmas, shit is way cash), great customer service, one of the best return policies in the world. They aren't really fashion-oriented, but their stuff is made well and will last a long time. If it ever does break, call them up and they'll probably replace it for free.
>>
File: yikes.png (2 MB, 862x1648) Image search: [Google]
yikes.png
2 MB, 862x1648
>>10774648
>>10774523
>>10774109

>not picking sorel over bean
>>
>>10776259
I'd describe those simply as boots that look like bean boots but aren't. Not worth it.

>>10775845
>If it ever does break, call them up and they'll probably replace it for free.
Reminds me of standing in their customer service line a few months ago. Some guy was returning a pair of shoes that he clearly just didn't want anymore. No receipt. They didn't manufacture the same pair anymore, so they gave him a full credit towards his old shoes to get something brand new - whatever he wanted.
>>
>>10776456
they can easily afford to do this because they charge a huge markup on everything,

like ll bean boots are realsitically only $10 boots

most people won't return/'replace their boots 10 times meaning that ll bean is ahead

the few people that do are paid for by the other consumers you fleeced.

and the consumers that burn through your product, you still made standard margins on......so there is no possible way a retailer can lose doing this

REI got greedy and lost some money because of it

then again people were returning kayaks with bullet holes and dead deer strapped to them
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.