[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential shoes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 3J235%20BLACK_XXX[1].jpg (84 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
3J235%20BLACK_XXX[1].jpg
84 KB, 1200x1200
Hey /fa/ I was a turbo autist a few years ago but I'm slowly getting into shape and dressing less disgustingly. Can anyone help me out with shoes? I really don't know what to get, black sneaks are good for the winter right? I just need something decent and cheap (<$100 maybe 150) that will last me for a year or two.

Signed a beta robot trying to find a gf

Pic possibly related I know these are popular
>>
Won't hold up a year, you'll need a few pairs whatsoever so you can rotate if you want your shoes to hold up/not stink.
>>
>>10770331
If you're looking for something that's /fa/ and durable during the winter, you should be looking at boots. I don't know what your winter experience is like, but Converse would be ruined after 5 months over where I am. Plus, there's no weather resistance .
>>
Shoe thread?

I'm in a similar situation, also slowly getting into shape and dressing better. Looking to get a pair of sneakers for S/S, but I'm not sure which kind. I've been considering both Adidas Tubular and Nike Roshe.
>>
>>10770331
Common project achilles low
>>
>>10770412
Don't get Roshes
>>
>>10770367
Accurate. Converse fall the fuck apart quickly. I used some as lifting shoes back in the day and they lasted like 8 months before getting nasty as f.

You need semi-fashionable boots, as >>10770374 says. $150 puts you squarely out of the range of most nice boots, but Chippewa - which makes the well-rated Katahdin Iron Rangers, of which I own a pair - has a cordovan boot for $150 that's decent:

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Chippewa-Collection-Engineer-Cordovan/dp/B00BP45EWE/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1451425641&sr=1-2&nodeID=7141123011

The leather isn't going to blow your brains out with quality, but the Vibram soles literally last forever - my pair is pushing 8 years of constant wear without even visible marking except around the heel.

Now, keep in mind people are going to shit on you for wearing boots because Reddit or something. If you aren't gonna trudge in the snow much, you could arguably shoot for some decent-ish leather sneakers. Other people might know better than I what those would be.
>>
k
>>
>>10770425
Why?
>>
>>10770452
They are comfy and that's it. Won't last long, don't really look nice e.g.
>>
>>10770474
Any other Nike shoe you'd recommend? Or should I just go for Tubulars?
>>
>>10770476
Maybe a Lunar 3 if you look for a comfy pair of sneakers, not that much more expensive and quite basic (not in a bad sense). Maybe a good start when you are still searching for your own style. It's quite hard to suggest shoes when you don't know what a person usually wears.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.