[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Male Make Up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
How does /fa/ think about make up on males?
I'm going to be filming a short series next year and have the choice of being natural or using some make up.
I think it would be nice to cover up any spots and shit I may have but the whole stigma of male make up is still there.
>>
There's stigma in using mascara and lipstick. There's none in using shit to cover up your skin imperfections. You'll be fine.
>>
Concealer is a godsend. Use it.
>>
>>10769166
>>10769165
honestly didn't expect this kind of quick and positive response.
guess I'll go ahead and give it a try.
>>
Don't do it unless you are a fag. The essence of men is being honest and true.
>>
don't overdo it. leave some choice imperfections. make up is almost essential for filming unless you want to look greasy.
>>
any guys for this shit? got some red spots that have come up and want to hid that shit for new years

I don't want a few spots to ruin my chance at a midnight kiss with a qt
>>
>>10769305
guides*
>>
>>10769172
Don't be a faggot.

The way you look is being conserved in a film and you ask yourself about some sort of stigma.

Every actor in movies wears makeup. Every actor in theater wears makeup. Every newsreporter wears makeup.

Good makeup is done in a way where it doesn't even look like the person is wearing makeup. Some foundation is probably enough.
>>
>>10769202
hahahahaaha christ
>>
>>10769166
>Concealer
This.
I only use it for dark circles and some breakouts and it's great. Just bland it and it doesn't look like you have anything on.

Anything more than that is faggy as fuck.
>>
>>10769617
How do I pick a concealer that's right for me? Do I go to an attendant at a makeup store and have them help me?
>>
>>10769632
I think the ones that are in like lipstick form are the best ones.
Just take the testers in the store and apply in your hand, and look which one fits you.

Or... you can just ask a grill who knows her shit to buy one for you, that's what i did.
>>
>>10769617
>make up is faggy but not the one i wear xDD
delusional faggot
>>
what kind of make-up do i use if i want to make my nose thinner?
>>
>>10769202
But im a lying scoundrel.
>>
>hiding your flaws
>not fixing them

cucks
>>
>>10769161
He just looks a little gayer. I have used concealer but I dont think men benefit as much from makeup as women
>>
>>10769161
I'd dump my bf if he started wearing any kind of make up (considering he's not an actor or news presenter). It's for girls or gay men, period.
>>
it is gay as fuck
beware
if a girl notices you are wearing make up you are fucked, she will only view you as gay and maybe as a friend
and it gets noticed pretty easily, even some uneven concealer
>>
>>10770585
so 1950 please leave
also if anyone thinks this istnt b8
kilurself
>>
>>10770354
found the jew
>>
I'm only going to be wearing it for the duration of filming. I wouldn't be wearing it every day out in public.
>>
>>10769632
Yeah, staff at Sephora for a lot of the world or if you're a Brit counter staff at debenhams/boots (or space n.k if you're feeling fancy) should be able to assist and match you to a specific shade of specific concealer.

However the easiest bet would probably be trying mac. They'll colour match you to a foundation shade in a format like NC15 or NW35 etc which refers to the undertone and the shade of your skin and then you'll be able to either buy a concealer there or use that shade reference to find suggestions online. Most beauty reviewers will use their mac foundation colour as a point of reference, so if you know yours you'll easily be able to know if a colour will be right for you regardless of what the brand describes it as.

That works too for drugstore items, as apparently Americans don't have testers readily available, which can be an issue if you're in the US. If you're in the UK and want to test out colours then superdrug and boots have testers to check the shade against your own skin. Boots also do a colour match service for no7 which is generally pretty accurate but not as widely translateable as Mac and their only higher coverage concealer is a solid cream to powder formulation that can be tricky to make work for a beginner.
Not sure for the rest of the world.

If you're after a concealer a general guideline and starting point is that liquid/creamy concealers work best under the eyes if dark circles are your issue and waxy or solid cream formulations are better for covering spots and discolouration.

A good basic liquid concealer is maybelline fit me concealer, and on the higher end is nars creamy concealer.
A good basic solid concealer is nyx concealer stick and a good higher end one is Laura mercier secret camoflauge, although you'd need a brush to apply that one properly.
>>
>>10770762
Nice.
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>10770622
I can picture it now. Hey, bro, check this sick foundation I found at Sephora! Yo, the coverage is so sick! It contours my cheek bones so well, dude.

You're gonna get laid any minute now.
>>
In this thread /fa/ggots become faggots
>>
>>10770604
People younger than 18 are not supposed to visit this site.
>>
>21st century men are so insecure and vain that makeup is now a thing

and here I was thinking that modern women would stop wearing makeup and we could all just chill the fuck out.
>>
>>10769161
literally no difference
>>
Hair & make up team, and video editing is normal
>>
>>10769161
uhhh the only difference is in this photo is the shit ton of extra editing and poorly done and visible blurring
>>
>>10769161
>dat fleck of dried cum at his hair line
kek
>>
>>10769161
is the right with makeup?
he looks worse on the right
>>
>>10769161
OP are you asking seriously? I see that male gender is dying, why you dont ask if wearing woman dress or thongs is ok? Man you sucks, dicks in real life maybe too
>>
>>10772311
I am asking serious anon.
I'm simply trying to look my best for filming.
>>
>>10772311
You know makeup was first worn by men, right?
>>
>>10772755
I strongly disagree how ever I am OP so your argument is still valid.

>>10772757
No I did not, the only thing that comes to mind when I think of Makeup and history is the shit they would do in Ancient Egypt.
>>
BB creams are pretty magical but really difficult to remove. had many breakouts bc of them. BB isn't good at covering blemishes but it evens out skin tone and isn't obvious
>>
>>10770585
Lol like there are girls on /fa/
>>
>>10773026
What are you using to remove? BB creams should be pretty simply in general. Especially if you're not using Korean ones, because the western ones are basically tinted moisturiser with occasional added spf or salicylic acid.
>>
>>10773109
Should be removed pretty simply *
>>
So to recap Concealer is okay but using anything else makes you gay?
>>
Only ever acceptable if you're not the one applying the makeup yourself
>>
>>10769344
This to be honest.
Literally every film/tv program will have men wearing a degree of makeup in it.

It's so blemishes and bad appearance don't distract from you as an element in the shot. Completely normal, standard practise. Just make sure it looks natural and not like you're actually wearing makeup, and you'll be fine.
>>
Even concealer is gay
>>
Can we now talk about wearing make up for social gatherings?

I do agree that it has to be almost unnoticeable on men. Probably the only acceptable setting to wear makeup in is at night, e.g. parties. Even then, as some anon said it can be really easy to notice.

I think it's all about how fucked up your natural face is. I have a moderate amount of acne scars, I think wearing a bit of makeup is worth it even if it makes me look more *femenine* (not gay, you retards).
>>
>>10773548
word

make up on men is for betas honestly
>>
>>10773559
I'd have to agree with you anon.
Thanks to the Christmas holidays I've gotten a few red spots and it would be nice to cover them up when I go out.
I think that I have a pretty okay face so when I have a pimple or a spot it sort of makes me lose a bit of confidence in myself.
>>
>>10773996
>yet every paid actor wears it
>>
File: icecube3.jpg (31 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
icecube3.jpg
31 KB, 450x600
/fa/ is gay as fuck boi I swear baka desu senpai
>>
File: BetsyB_A3_optimized_[1].jpg (550 KB, 1800x1350) Image search: [Google]
BetsyB_A3_optimized_[1].jpg
550 KB, 1800x1350
I find it kind of strange that it's considered a girly/gay thing to do, everyone benefits from a cleaner, more even looking face, unless you're like a young clint eastwood or something where you can pull of a more "weathered" look. Most women look like shit without at least a foundation layer, why should men have to suffer the same fate just to avoid being called gay?
>>
>>10769161
Are you going to teach your wife's son to use makeup, too?
>>
I think its okay
I mean, its a win-win situation, you look good, and people enjoy looking at your face.
>>
>>10773026
Do oil cleansing first to remove the makeup/bb cream, then use your regular cleanser to remove the oil. It's called double cleansing. For the oil cleansing, you can use regular mineral oil (wood oil is its best form because it doesn't have fragrances added like baby oil is) or olive oil from your kitchen cupboard.
>>
>>10775844
>most women look like shit without at least a foundation layer
Maybe you're just a faggot because she looks like a normal woman to me. The makeup looks kinda trashy even, if she'd go easy on the liner and lipstick it'd look a lot better.

Do what you want, who gives a shit, you're the one who has to look at your face in the mirror every day. If you feel ugly you'll act insecure which most people don't react too well to.
>>
>>10775844
She looks better with no makeup, right looks like a clown whore
>>
>>10769202

you're lying
>>
>>10769161
Where the fuck is the upper lip
>>
>>10769161
he didn't put enough on, he still ugs.

If you have to ask people permission to wear make up as a guy it isn't for you BTW, Especially not if you give a fuck what random people from around the planet think on the internet.

make up is to enhance good features moreso then hiding horrible ones, just keep that in mind.
>>
>>10769161
makeup is for fags
>>
>>10776135
Don't get ocm confused with double cleansing. Double cleansing doesn't require an oil be used first, just any cleanser more focused purely on cleaning the face used first and any with more skincare benefits following it.
>>
>>10769166
>>10769161
>uses concealer to cover up acne
>gets even more acne

bravo
>>
>>10775844
She'd look just as good with some hyaluronic acid and more sleep.

Makeup is bullshit. Maybe we have to grow up and accept that we don't look like fairies, and instead of make-up do sustainable long-term skincare.
>>
>>10770665
kill yourself my man
>>
>>10770665
rolf
>>
https://youtu.be/wR7ICA7QPOk this is the best one I've seen really minmal. I've never done it because im not white and don't need it.
>>
>>10776892
There is concealer that has acne medication in it.
>>
>>10775844
Those tones with that skintone... Are you blind or just stupid? If you wanted to go heavy go golds/browns.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.