[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW DO I STOP THIS SHIT /FA/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: nail biting.jpg (16 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
nail biting.jpg
16 KB, 300x225
im like a max level nail biting addict and it looks like shit and i have this margiela ring i like to wear but it just draws attention towards my shit nails... inb4 rubbing nasty nail polish that taste bitter, i just get used to that...
>>
>>10768517
you're gross

just buy gum
>>
>>10768529
or take up smoking

you have an oral fixation
>>
>>10768517
If you want to stop, you have to discipline yourself every time you bite you nails. Punch yourself in the face.

Or, if it's really bad. Stab yourself in the gut with a knife. Getting stabbed a lot will kill a person. So you have to stop biting your nails or you will die.
>>
deal with your anxiety problem making you bite your nails. I did, and I now have nails that women comment on jealously.
>>
>>10768532
Beauty hurts
>>
>>10768517
I'm a gril and had a huge problem with pulling my eyebrows this year and last year. i managed to stop somehow. it's really hard but i have hope you can stop biting on your nails.

i believe in you op
>>
I bit my nails for 20 years and suddenly just stopped doing it. It's not harder than just quitting doing it!
>>
>>10768582
I had this problem aswell. Did you bite your nails to? I think it's all stress related.
>>
>>10768517
Last month I had it worse than your pic.
Now mine look good.
>>
>did this for 10< years
>got hair cut v short
>started scalp picking
>stopped nail biting

im trash
>>
>>10768540

Not OP but I bite mine because I cant stand any length of nails, as soon as they grow they get caught on shit and scratch the hell out of me. Literally anyone with normal nails manages to scratch me too, so im pretty convinced having nails is only for pain freaks.
>>
>>10768840
u gotta file the points u get from cutting em my dude
>>
>>10768582
You have trichotillomania.
>>
>>10768850

it still happens. even grills with the nicest nails manage to accidentally stab me.
ill agree that longer nails look nice but imo they are shit for anything else.
>>
>>10768517
Ease yourself off or go to a doctor to see if the skin peeling is apart of some other medical issue

I have this too and I'm trying to fix it, I've literally picked at my nails so bad they've had to entirely regrow. just find something else to relieve stress with
>>
>>10768615
it's all about compulsions.

deal with your problems and they will fade.
>>
>>10768531
>take up smoking
I did this, now I smoke and bite my nails.

OP, start learning guitar or any string instrument
>>
is chewing on plastic bottles and pens/pencils related to this? I do this when I get bored and it probably looks really autistic
>>
>>10768903
Plastic bottles yes, pens no
>>
Everytime you start biting your nails cut them with clippers right away, make it an habit, thats how a beat it
>>
>>10768517
Discipline.
>>
>>10768615
I didn't bite my nails. i did however pull out my nose hairs as well and still do. It's a work in progress.

Yeah it was stress related. My sister stressed me the fuck out a lot andi stopped hanging out with her and things got better i guess.

Just when you're about to do it try and have a moment of clarity and do something else
>>
>>10768517
tfw used to bite my sleeves while watching stuff without noticing ruining my shirts... I stopped now tho
>>
I used to bite my nails, looked absolutely nothing like that though. Stopped easily, never get the urge to bite. Main reason for stopping was for my teeth
>>
i used to bite mine like crazy. Go spend a little bit of money on some nail care stuff. Cuticle oil, clear polish etc... that's how I stopped. If you care for them and treat them you'll think about it before you bite them and have an instant reason not to
>>
>>10768827
>scalp picking
Worse
>>
paint them with colors so you have a reason not to ruin the paint job
>>
>>10768517
grow the fuck up op
>>
>>10768517
I did this too until two months ago. I just imagined how good my hands would look like if i didn't bite my nails at all. Just do it.
>>
>>10768615
I stopped biting my nails, but got too lazy with cutting them so i started biting them again. They always get a perfect cure when I bite them.
>>
>>10768903
I used to bite / chew the little thing on top of coke cans that can come off. really fucked up my teeth. i was an idiot.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.