[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teethcare general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
File: Teeth-Whitening.jpg (457 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Teeth-Whitening.jpg
457 KB, 2048x1365
Any special routine? How white are your teeth?

Do electronic toothbrushes actually help or are they just a gimmick?
>>
>>10765400
In my experience electric toothbrushes never made a difference, positive or negative, in my teeth. With a normal toothbrush and floss you cover all the same areas. I'd say they're a gimmick.

I use a normal toothbrush, floss when I have time, mouth wash every time, and occasionally use a homemade whitening mix. Regular dentist cleanings and checkups.
>>
brush with electric toothbrush for around 2 minutes
mouthwash
twice a day
>>
FLOSS
>>
>>10765400
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM WHITENING TOOTHPASTE.

I fucked up my mouth in less than a month using some. Caused my gums to recede and swell.

Get an electric toothbrush, use it daily.
Some come with multiple heads and have built-in timers and other crap.

Use mouthwash after you brush.
Floss when you can remember to.

Drink lots of water throughout the day. It actually helps with fighting off bacteria.
>>
File: _20151228_160533.jpg (201 KB, 1282x900) Image search: [Google]
_20151228_160533.jpg
201 KB, 1282x900
Rate

>drink coffee
>brush twice a day
Sometimes I get lazy though
>>
File: fP0XiCg.jpg (192 KB, 416x1408) Image search: [Google]
fP0XiCg.jpg
192 KB, 416x1408
Brush, floss twice a day. Mouthwash every other day. My teeth aren't close to white and crooked as shit, about to get fixed though.

>Getting braces
>cosmetic fix only
>22 years old
>tfw unfuckable for 2 years
>>
>>10765400
ultrasonic toothbrushes are the shizz
I still floss but the gunk is way less than before, teeth feel way cleaner.
also: brush from red to white, not in a circular motion like they thaught me in elementary school
>>
I think the biggest thing you can do is stay away from sugar. I never eat sugar and my teeth are fantastic and very white (i get compliments), despite drinking lots of coffee and tea and smoking. While my family members eat trailer-trash food with lots of sugar, brush their teeth same as me, but have yellow teeth.

I second the bro who said to drink water too.
>>
File: 1448856211778.jpg (56 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1448856211778.jpg
56 KB, 597x519
>>10766195
>tfw straight teeth
>need braces to fix the pressure on my gums
>am 20 years old
>>
>>10766405
see if you can get Invisalign
>>
/britfag/
circular 2 min brush 3 times a day with colgate
yellow teeth

god why am i living up to the stereotype help
>>
>>10766541
Sugarfag
>>
Is getting your teeth whitened worth it?

My dentist is doing it on sale for 200 bong coins and im pretty tempted.
>>
>>10765518
Can you share your homemade whitening mix please?
>>
>>10766700
It depends on what your teeth look like now, and if you actually have money to spare on a cosmetic cleaning.
>>
>>10765400
>tfw perfect straight teeth
>no braces, dentists always impressed when I visit every 3-4 years and my teeth are perfect
>>
File: I_never_brush_my _teeth_ren.jpg (101 KB, 800x552) Image search: [Google]
I_never_brush_my _teeth_ren.jpg
101 KB, 800x552
>>10765400
Someone post the screen cap from /fit/ with detailed mouth hygiene I have it somewhere but I can't find it.

Also my 2 cents is don't use an electronic toothbrush and change your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months.
>>
Bleach, swill for 30s, rinse with 10 cups of salt-water. I've had white teeth and gums for quite a while now.
>>
>>10766842
kek
>>
I used Colgate Optic White, Listerine Whitening Rinse, and occasionally white strips. Floss everyday and coconut pull when I remember to.
>>
I never have bushed my teeth till a couple months ago.
My parents never did it and never raised me with it.
It wasn't worth the money for them.
At my 14 I discovered it was actually a thing.
At 18 I got about 1000€ and spend it to fix everything up had to go about 6 times.
Everything got filled and cleaned back up.
21 now and finally got the money (3,5k) for getting it fully fixed up (bracers for what will be 2-3 years), as I have huge gaps between my upper teeth.
All this just so I can smile, as I have always been a ashamed for my teeth and therefore never really smiled.
>>
>>10767014
smiling is overrated wage slave pleb trash anyway
>>
>>10767014
But u seen happy danny brown
>>
>>10767016
Nha, your smile is everything.
People will like you quicker in social situations as you will come over more hygienic and clean.
You'll get them preppy girls numbers with that smile.

>>10767029
Well I'm not that bad of but my front bove teeth have a gap between and also gaps next to those teeth.
It's disgusting desu.
>>
I had braces twice as a kid for an underbite and I'll probably need them again soon. I wasn't done growing when they got taken off, and all four wisdom teeth came in so my bite shifted back a bit.

Nobody really notices it unless I point it out, but it's all I can see when I look in the mirror. It really fucks with my confidence, I hate my face enough as it is.
>>
wore braces for two years, got them removed this spring. my teeth are an okay white, but my excessive coffee drinking and snus-use isnt really helping.

havent really noticed that much gum receeding, but on one of my corner teeth (dont think thats the right word but idk) got really sore gum and can be a bit sore when i brush my teeth, but its only that one tooth and i floss and brush and use mouthwash every day. i hope it wont rot and fall out
>>
>mfw had braces
>never wore my retainers
>bottom row sucks
>yellow ass teeth
dentist told me it's not even really worth it to whiten them since i have white spots

oh, and
>mfw got half a root canal done when i was around 9 or 10
>never went back to finish it
>>
Colgate Total toothpaste
Floss
ACT Total Care mouthwash

Also:
1. Rinse toothpaste with water
2. Put toothpaste on
3. Rinse toothbrush again, while toothpaste is on
4. Brush

I've heard Crest 3D whitening works well, but I've never tried, my teeth are already white.
>>
File: 1450771859773.jpg (104 KB, 661x509) Image search: [Google]
1450771859773.jpg
104 KB, 661x509
>>10767130
>teenager
>crooked ass teeth om bottom row
>top teeth fucced in a way to but not really noticable
>used to have white teeth
>started playing a lot of vidya at some point
>stopped maintaining hygene regularly
>teeth are yellow now
I'd go back if I could senpai.
I also have bad acne so end my suffering.
>>
does anyone have any home remedies for teeth whitening? i sometimes mix baking powder with water and swill it around my mouth
>>
>19
>brush my teeth like once a month

how do i stop being this bad at tooth care

I just fail to give a fuck
>>
>>10769076
Tbh I didn't have much motivation for oral hygiene for whatever reason, I just continued brushing, flossing, etc, so I had good breath for kissing my bf. Try some external motivation if you don't have internal motivation?
>>
>>10769076
post teeth
>>
File: IMG_1812.png (170 KB, 451x296) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1812.png
170 KB, 451x296
>>10769917
my ex didn't care, I don't really have bad breath because my favourite candy is peppermint flavoured lol. My dentist has complained about it in the past but when I went there last week he said it was 'better than last time' even though I brushed less than before the last visit.

Usually I go to bed when I get tired so I lack the motivation to actually walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I know I would do it way more often if I had a sink in my bedroom.

>>10769968
sure. Sorry for the kernel of food stuck in there I just had dinner
>>
I never had a single cavity in my life and i am approaching 30...
Pretty straight and white teeth. No braces.
Strangely i always loved brushing my teeth. Nowadays i brush only once a day, random whitening toothpast. Floss every 2-3 days. I don't drink coffee or smoke. I eat sugary stuff and occasionally drink herbal tea. Used whitening strips a few times if i get the urge. Always get complimented at the dentist.
I replace my tooth brush often. Just because i get grossed out after a few weeks and because new ones just do a better job. I got an electric tooth brush but never use it. i like it old school.
>>
>brush 2-3 times a day
>change brushes like every 2 weeks
>Do not smoke
>do not drink coffee
>still yellow teeth
>still plague
JDIMSA
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 695x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 695x381
>>10770011
Pic for reference
>>
Brush teeth twice a day using normal toothbrush - I do have an electric one but need to buy new heads.

Use mouthwash after brushing (when I've bought it). Also try and use mouthwash when I can be bothered after eating/drinking whilst I'm at home.

Chew sugar-free gum every time after I eat main meals, including after sugary drinks and snacks/sweets. Also drink a bottle of water after main meals to help get rid of bacteria.

Had braces for a bit more than two years and now have in-built retainers behind front and bottom teeth.

Need hygienist appointments every six months due to plaque build up behind the retainers, not too much of an issue, but I can't do a lot to stop his problem - Any pointers?
>>
File: 3ea20bb094dd54ca_wispcloseups.jpg (25 KB, 550x259) Image search: [Google]
3ea20bb094dd54ca_wispcloseups.jpg
25 KB, 550x259
>>10770003
That's sounds so NEET, ew. I wish I had the motivation to brush my teeth again after I've ate out the girl I'm cheating on my bf with, so I guess I understand.

Keep some of pic related by your bed?

>>10770019
Try mixing a bit of baking soda with lemon juice and brushing with that for a minute, once per week until you get to the level you desire?
>>
>>10770064
Haven't been to school more than 1 day a week since october. I'm basically a NEET right now, though by no fault of my own to be honest, that's just my schedule. I can wake up in the afternoon, do some homework and then play videogames until like 5 AM.

Never heard of those, I'll check them out.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.