[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched Dior and I for the first time. Anyone else get the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: raf-simons-007.jpg (19 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
raf-simons-007.jpg
19 KB, 460x276
Just watched Dior and I for the first time. Anyone else get the undertone that Raf basically did nothing whilst his team did all the actual work?
>>
>>10765365
you're a dipshit.
he is the free, speculative artist, they are the servile workers.
>>
>>10765365
He hasn't done anything since 2005-2006 that's when his line went to shit
>>
>>10765365

lol no, that's the point of the director.

Look at it like a movie set. You think Stanley Kubrick is the one that fucking built the set, chose the customs, set locations?

Yes he has the LAST word on these things, but for the most part it is a team effort and the only reason someone is a good director at anything, whether it's the head of a fashion house or a movie, is because they know how to run a team.

So yeah, you could say Raf didn't do as much because he wasn't actually sewing, but that's the way it is. He is the creative direction, not the effort.
>>
Didn't Raf leave Dior?
>>
>>10765717

yes he left, the movie came out before
>>
File: 1442756228573.png (394 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1442756228573.png
394 KB, 450x600
>>10765365

Yes, that is the whole point of a fashion designer. He created the design, which doesn't take long. All he has to do is have taste, and some idea of what fashion can be. The workers do everything else. Executives don't do work, they lead. Hypothetically because they're smarter and are more suited for creative/intellectual labor, rather than physical-- but really because of privilege and capitalism. So you might have the right idea that fashion shouldn't rely on the executive decisions of one designer with one vision, rather than a team. Individualism and executive hierarchy are valued in the western dogma, so people like Raf can pretend they're special and be paid for minimal work as per the norm.
>>
>puts a perforated "R" on a classic design
>jacks the price up 500%
>this is somehow high fashion
>>
He's the designer, he doesn't actually make the clothes, what are you stupid?
>>
>>10765744
no he didn't design anything, watch the film

he makes moodboards

other people design clothes based on the moodboards

raf picks the designs he thinks are good and then other people sew them
>>
>>10765792
>>10765744
he doesn't design shit, he's a creative director. you don't know what a designer is
>>
>>10765795
A creative director and a designer are not the same thing.
>>
>>10765779
Dont forget
>premium muhterials
Please leave
>>
>>10766436

ok why does an particular artists painting go for more than $50M these days?

The material and canvas don't cost that much.

Oh wait...it's because of the provenance... how could I be so retarded?
>>
>>10765866
that's what i'm saying
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.