[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/skg/ Skincare General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: God.jpg (1 MB, 7777x5833) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
1 MB, 7777x5833
Im guessing the leather sofa i've been sleeping
on is giving my jawline acne. How can I treat my breakout if its the only place I have to sleep

I already sleep with my hood on
>>
Change your diet, sleep on a bed.
>>
File: Excuse me baby.png (494 KB, 2202x638) Image search: [Google]
Excuse me baby.png
494 KB, 2202x638
>>10761739
>>
i have an oily nose and dry skin everywhere else. i cleanse/moisturise atm and it just solves the dry skin problem, still an oily nose. what do i do?
>>
>>10761725
wash the area you rest your head? sleep on a clean towel/pillow/etc? also wash your arms if you dont' already, assuming they touch your face when you sleep
>>
molton browns deep-clean mineral ions face wash and I leave it until my face is dry, L’Occitane’s almond shower scrub followed by clay and herbal cleansing mask by Decleor and then lab series daily moisture defense lotion SPF 15
>>
has anyone tried just washing with water only?

i've been using different washes and creams forever but still have acne
i want to experiment with just water but i'm scared it's a little risky
>>
>>10761812
psycho
>>
>>10761837
diet might be your problem, limit sugar intake, eat more green leafy veg and stay away from red meats and greasy fast food
>>
>>10761847
I have been using that routine for 2 years now, my skin is smooth and flawless doesnt feel oily I highly recommend it.
>>
I had oily skin and I started using watered down Isopropyl to clean my face. I've seen it get visibly dry so I've stopped.

Am broke /fa/. Cant afford really any skincare paraphernalia.

Any other preventative measures other than abstaining from sugar and fatty meat?

P.s. The sticky is poop.
>>
>>10761754
same, someone help
>>
what can I do to treat whiteheads like steam hot water towels what nigga tell ME
>>
inb4 pitchforks

whats a good price range for each product if I have normal skin.
>>
>>10761962
each product being

-cleanser
-exfoliant
-moisturizer
-supplementary shit
-sunscreen
>>
>>10761962
Price range doesn't always tell you whether it's good or not.
If you've got something that works and it's £2 there's no point worrying that it's not expensive enough to be decent.

Easiest thing is to learn some beneficial ingredients and some to avoid and have a day just looking what's available to you in your price range.
Buying something cheaper that contains what you need has no shame. I posted in the last skincare thread about simple's kind to skin toner sorting some of my skin issues out with its niacinamide content and I think I paid about £2.50 for that.
>>
File: 1450811859353.gif (1 MB, 478x360) Image search: [Google]
1450811859353.gif
1 MB, 478x360
wash face

hot or warm or cold water?
>>
>>10762481
Warm/hot water opens up pores so your face wash can enter your pores, cold water closes pores when your done so your pores don't stay open and get dirt shit in them all over again
>>
>>10762513
Stop getting skincare advice from teenage girls on blog spot. Pores do not open and close with temperature.
>>
>>10762549
Uh dude it's true. I started doing it this way whenever I shaved my beard because previously I would always get razor burn. I don't get razor burn anymore following my new routine
>>
>>10762559
That's nothing to do with pores opening or closing.
Seriously, look it up anywhere (other than advertising spiel or teenage girls on blogspot).

The myth persists because heat can loosen and soften debris in the pores so heat can be beneficial. But it's not because of pores opening or closing.

And what you're describing sounds more like it's because hot skin can be more flexible and prone to minor tears than cold skin.
>>
what's a good facial moisturizer/lotion for someone with acne and oily skin? I have had sebaceous filaments on my nose for as long as I can remember as well, and am trying to do my best to minimize them. I'm willing to pay good money for it. my routine so far is:

morning
>wash face in the morning with cold water and a facial scrub that has benzoyl peroxide in it
>using a clarisonic to do this
>apply moisturizer
>wait approx 10 minutes for it to soak in before applying makeup

night
>remove makeup with remover pads
>put a diluted glycolic acid solution on my face using a cotton ball (about 5 drops of 60% acid per half cup of water)
>let sit for 15 minutes
>wash face same way as in the morning
>put on heavy amount of moisturizer and go to bed

any tips? my acne has gotten better, but the sebaceous filaments on my nose and chin are killing me. I'm already on prescription antibiotics and BC pills to treat the acne
>>
>>10761725
>apply an herb-mint facial mask for 10 minutes
>use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol
it dries your face out and makes you look older.
>moisturize
>anti-aging eye balm
>finally: moisturizing protective lotion
>>
>>10763669
Jesus. This is really super. How'd a nitwit like you get so tasteful?
>>
my acne stopped when i turned 19, stopped drinking milk and stopped washing my face

so you could try turning 19, stop drinking milk, and stop washing your face. worked for me.
>>
>>10764087
how bad was your acne
any pictures for comparison?
>>
>>10764114
i don't have any pictures of myself back then, but it i constantly had at least 4 big, red pimples on my face, blemishes etc.

nothing severe as fuck, but you know, teenage acne.
>>
If my doctor doubled my accutane dosage for my second month, is it possible that I go through the early breakout stage for a second time? Because my face has gotten worse then it was at the end of the first month and my acne already broke out once then.
>>
>>10764148
>accutane

enjoy your balding
>>
>>10761754
You need to find some product that removes the excess oil but don't dry your skin out. At least i think, i have no idea. Its all a balancing act, balancing your skin so that its not to oily or not to dry
>>
>>10763620
>>put on heavy amount of moisturizer and go to bed
>oily skin
>heavy amount of moisturizer
Don't that fuck shit up?
>>
>>10764403
it was actually recommended to me to do so by my derm

>>10764397
yeah, that makes sense. in using some aveno stuff now and just wasn't sure if I got a higher end brand if it would be better or not
>>
is there such a thing as too much moisturiser? make it more oily? make your skin too dependent on it?
>>
>>10761837
This along with a change of diet cured a lot of my acne problems.
>>
>no conclusive evidence diet effects skin

Source: my doctor.
>>
>>10765725
he's a dumbass
>>
>>10765725
This is a true statement. Some people see a correlation between diet and acne, but it doesn't seem to be that way for a majority of people.

I have a friend that has to completey eliminate dairy from her diet for clear skin. If she consunes any dairy, within 2-3 days her face breaks out a ton.

For me, I can eat whatever I want and it has zero affect.

From personal experience, sticking to a routine night/day is much more important.
>>
>>10765772
Yeah, I'm sure some faggot posting about totes perfect fits is far more qualified.
>>
>>10765725

Wish your doctor knew his shit senpai.

"Population-based studies have suggested that, as diets Westernize, acne prevalence increases. Observational studies, including one case–control study and two large and well-controlled prospective cohort studies have demonstrated an association between cow's milk intake and acne prevalence and severity (Table 2). One prospective cohort study demonstrated an association between high-glycemic-index foods and longer acne duration, whereas two randomized controlled trials demonstrated that a low-glycemic-index diet reduced acne risk. Studies have been inconclusive with respect to the association between acne and chocolate (perhaps because of methodological limitations), and have failed to demonstrate an association between acne and salt or iodine intake."

From a thorough review: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-4632.2009.04002.x/full

Literally just put 'diet acne', 'diet dairy', diet whatever in Google Scholar and read up you dumb fucks. Don't believe anything a randomly picked doctor might say about a subject he might have personal investments in or lack the information received from latest results.

Just to be clear: statistics doesn't mean that eating the normal Western diet _causes_ acne, but it could mean that there is a possibility for _some people_ to get acne from a bad diet. Tweak your diet and see if it changes anything.
>>
>>10766465
'acne dairy' acne whatever*
>>
>>10765463
You can break out if you apply too much
>>
>>10765725
>>10765772
>>10765855
>>10766465

jesus christ

did you guys miss the huge list of diet and acne studies in the sticky or what
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.