[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kilt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: _20151225_020952.jpg (600 KB, 1528x2883) Image search: [Google]
_20151225_020952.jpg
600 KB, 1528x2883
Got a (fake) wedding soon and I bought a cheap kilt. Here's the fit. I've got a bow tie too.

Good or awful /fa/?
>>
It's a glorified skirt for men, but i mean if you're into it do you.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS HAHAHAHAH
>>
>>10751242

holy shit
>>
no. no im being trolled.
>>
So I was correct in thinking awful? Lol tbf it's for a party, not an actual formal event
>>
>>10751245
I think glorified is pushing it. It's just a skirt
>>
>>10751268
Truth, comfy as fuck though. But how do you sit down in something like this?
>>
My nigga you look like you are cosplaying as a japanese schoolgirl or something.
>>
when are skirts for men gonna be socially acceptable, i want to air out my balls every now and again

also that fit is nah
>>
>>10751279
Foreal, wear pants and its fine tho
>>
Aight, humour me and assume the skirt is a thing. Could it be made to work?
>>
>>10751275

Sit down and spread.
>>
>>10751290

honestly i can only see it working if it's not the centerpiece of the outfit and you down play it with similar materials and a casual fit.

especially in monochrome. a brighter, sturdier skirt could probably work in more formal prep
>>
>>10751290
Are you scottish? My uncle is scottish and he rocks a kilt
>>
Just wear black, slim trousers instead of the skirt.

Unless the wedding is Scottish, or whatever one of those drunk countries wears skirts.
>>
>>10751331
Yeah my granddad's Scottish.
>>
>>10751355
That's what I'd do normally. It's not an actual wedding. Two of my gfs mates are having a fake wedding and I've been told to wear fancy dress for it. She wanted me to wear a dress and I thought this might be a decent half way.

>>10751356
Who r u
>>
>>10751356
>granddad
I dont care about your family.
Are YOU scottish, as in were you born there, do you have the accent and the banter?
It makes not sense going to a ceremony and be like
>yea I'm from california but my granddad is scottish so I wear this
Ceremonial kilts are purely Scots and Wales tradition.
>>
Looks awesome. When men do start wearing skirts they will be like this. Very simple skirts like kilts.
Go and be bold.
>>
>>10751369
Pretty sure its just Scottish.

>>10751242
Is this a joke? Because this is bloody awful, why are you wearing fucking boots? Get some brogues or even just some dress shoes. Wheres the sporran? Also the all grey top half is just tacky. Also get some flashes to match the tartan and a sgian dubh if you can. Also not keen on the black socks but that's the least if your worries.

Also are other people going to be wearing kilts because if they are it's alright but if it's just you and "muh heritage" please for the love of God don't.
>>
>(fake) wedding
I know we're all giddy about this ridiculous kilt, but did nobody else catch this? What the fuck is a fake wedding? Or do you mean rehearsal?
>>
>>10753438
actually good advice
>>
kilts are cool but this one is not, at the very least the picture quality is awful
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.