[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are hackers/engineers fa? particularly substance abusing self-loathing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: mr robot.jpg (270 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mr robot.jpg
270 KB, 640x360
are hackers/engineers fa? particularly substance abusing self-loathing ones.
>>
>>10749051
ye
but not if the substance abuse and self-loathing is forced
>>
STEM is inherently un-/fa/
>>
>>10749061
stem w/ style is actually extremely /fa/.
>>
>>10749051
Probs most effay show around thqh bro
>>
>>10749092
>stem w/ style
unfortunately this is only possible in fictional tv shows
>>
>>10749119
why are you so salty
>>
>>10749119
no entirely true but I will agree that it is very rare
>>
>>10749051
>tfw that's how I dress every day
>tfw not really "/fa/" but like following designers and whatnot
>>
literally me
>>
No, they usually look like shit. I know a classmate is great at programming if they wear tie-dye shirts, cargo shorts and athletic sneakers.
>>
>using the term "hacker" unironically

Embarrassing
>>
>>10749051
Hackers are depicted as hyper intelligent supernatural power possessing characters who have the world figured out.

The sad reality is it is mostly drug addicts or excons running skimming operations and RFID readers at Macy's and gas stations in order to buy luxury goods to sell on the internet. Usually life time criminals with very little knowledge of actual coding or program usage....just druggies with nothing to lose.

Engineers are depicted as f1 racing gods of everything mechanical and worldly. These people in a lot of college kids minds are almost as powerful as the god Thor.....however the sad reality is they're mostly middle aged men who sit in front of solidworks 24/7 on an old dell workstation working on cheap plastic toys to manufacture in China and sell at Ross under a nothing brand name. And the myth about making 6 figures your first day......ypud be lucky to get a job at $25,000 at a struggling firm that treats you as if you are a temp worker taping up and shipping shit at an amazon warehouse.
>>
>>10749061
In western culture the religiosity of science is an inherent rejection of design. It is parroted ad nauseum function over form, however you find those that value strictly the functionality of something have a worker bee mindset, these individuals don't have the ability to see the beauty of design.

If there is only function then you end up with a creation that nobody wants to use...and ends up with out a function...right palm os/Debian os/ IBM computers/blackberry
>>
>>10749051
never watched this show

w2c those shoes or something similar
>>
>>10750296
The 6 figures myth is true. But most engineers expect to be making mid 5 figures starting off at least(50-60k)
>>
File: 1448840603790.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1448840603790.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>>10750296
>>10750314
Please stop. If you want to type shit like that, start a blog. Just please stop.
>>
>>10749092
The only people who try to be fashionable in STEM fields are the asians. Unfortunately they just prove that buying designer clothes won't make up for a terrible mismatched style.
>>
>>10750296
>>10750314
>being this pessimistic

ayy
>>
Nothing less effay than a mouth breathing fatass wearing all white NB, cargo pants and a Star wars shirt he got from target
>>
>>10750518
Fuck off you subhuman, if you can't stand posts more than a few words long get back to /b/
>>
>>10750685
that's 4chan for you
>>
>>10750282
>engineers/hackers
I don't think it was meant in that sense.
>>
>>10751484
Dumb niggerfaggot
>>
>tfw STEM and mildly effay
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.