[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a acne skincare thread? Looking for the ultimate regimen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: clq_6KNE_402x464.png (39 KB, 402x464) Image search: [Google]
clq_6KNE_402x464.png
39 KB, 402x464
Can we get a acne skincare thread? Looking for the ultimate regimen for combo/dry skin. I use the Clinque Solutions three step system, but I still have a pizza face.
>>
Could be too intense for your skin which would dry it out causing your body to make more oils than it needs and starting a pretty nasty cycle.

Try switching to a lighter cleanser (cetaphil is god tier) and apply a moisturiser afterwards to stop your skin drying out.

If you're feeling fancy you can exfoliate and use a mask once a week or so but they can get aggressive depending on what one you use.

Also change your pillow cases like constantly
>>
I have dry type and I just use Burts bees wipes, toner, coconut oil and exfoliate twice a week. If it's not working for you drop it. Expensive doesn't mean good.
>>
>>10747703
Make sure to moisturize after washing your face bra
>>
>>10747703

Look in to Kyoku products. I use the cleanser, mask and moisturizer. Its really been helping purge my skin.
>>
go to wherever there is the densest korean population in your town. Go to their stores and browse their skincare stuff. Generally it's pretty intense stuff cause asians tend to have oily skin coupled with the fact that korean people hold immaculate skin very highly in their culture. 10/10 will buy korean facewash till I die, but holy fuck do you gotta moisturize
>>
>>10747722
I think you're confusing god tier with most basic tier.

Cetaphil contains fewer irritants than a lot but also no skincare benefits beyond washing your face. It's a solid starter product, not the be all and end all.
>>
Started using Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner for the niacinamide and it's already looking better just a week and a half after starting it.
Would recommend.
>>
OP here,

>>10747722
I've tried Cetaphil, doesn't do much.

>>10748101
Thanks anon, I'll look into it.

>>10748161
Fucking expensive, but also looks pretty cool.

>>10748191
I have dry skin, combo at best, but what moisturizer do you use?

>>10748947
Thanks, never heard of it, but I might try it out.
>>
>>10747703

go see a derma and get prescribed solodyn, and if that doesn't work take accutane

depending on how bad it is, you're either essentially going to ride it out until you're in your early 20s using topicals or you can take care of it fast using medicine

just my two cents, i'm not a doctor but i had acne until i was 22 and took accutane which just wiped it out. crazy drug tho.
>>
I don't have much acne, but my skin is some dark-pinkish colour with red and blue surfaces on it, looks really unhealthy.
What can I do except for everyday face washing (already do it)?
>>
aztec clay mask and benzoyl peroxide literally wiped out my acne in a couple of days. check out veronica gorgeois (dermatologist on youtube) for really informative videos
>>
>>10749773
Tbh that sounds like a bad diet. Although washing it shouldn't the only thing you do daily. You're at least moisturising as well right?
>>
Okay, so I've had bad acne on my nose forever now. I get large headless pimples and recently two have just popped and no I just have two large red spots on my face. I only very recently started to moisturize with Cetaphil 50 SPF moisturizer so how do I get rid of these god awful red spots?
>>
I have black heads all around my nose. What do?
>>
The only products that have been soft enough for my sensitive/dry, yet acne-prone skin:
>Dr Organic Tea Tree cleanser
>Thayers alcohol free Witch Hazel toner
>Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer (the enriched one)
Am looking for face mask recs, I've tried Aztec Clay but it's too aggressive for me.
>>10750350
Are you sure they're blackheads? They could be sebaceous filaments.
>>
hey I need a lip care routine
the center of my upper lip has been peeling for like 6 months now and I'll never get that dick if I've got crusty lips (18m if that helps)
>>
>>10750391
Take a spoonful of honey, add sugar, scrub your lips with the substance. Coat in lip balm afterwards. Repeat daily (don't scrub too hard though). If you're too lazy, try gently brushing your lips with a toothbrush instead.
>>
>>10749513
>I have dry skin, combo at best, but what moisturizer do you use?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OGUB23E?keywords=alina&qid=1450996962&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

I just apply this after I shower and I'm usually good for the rest of the day. It dries pretty nicely so there's no shine
>>
>>10750485
any substitute for honey that would work?
thanks for the advice though!<3
>>
>>10750568
Olive oil would work as well.
>>
it's not acne but i have bad stretch marks from fast weight loss in a short amount of time. Can anyone recommend anything that can help them fade so I can atleast go topless?
>>
>>10750253
What does moisturizing do? Isn't that only for grills?
>>
>>10750699
lol you kidding bro? Turns out girls are humans too and have the same skin. Go figure. Moisturizing makes your skin more supple and helps with not looking like a dried out orange when you are old
>>
>>10750678
Moisturize properly. I personally use a rich body lotion, then shea butter to seal it. I've heard cocoa butter works as well.
>>
Heard that Head and Shoulders shampoo helps with body acne, by leaving it on the problem area for a few minutes then washing it off, is this true, can anyone vouch for it? I assume it would make your skin better in general and not just help with acne, from what I read.
>>
>>10750678
There's nothing you can really do to fade them once you have them, it's just a matter of time. You could get them removed, but it'll cost you a lot.

Properly moisturising is a good preventative measure for more stretch marks though.
>>
>>10750350
More likely that they are sabaceous filaments. Everyone and their mom has them, they're completely normal and it's impossible to make them go away permanently
>>
>>10750699
When you wash the face you can dry it out by removing oils etc. Moisturising helps with that so your skin doesn't become shit
>>
>put clean towel in your pillow everyday
>goodbye acne
>>
>>10753128
you have got to try harder with your baits m8
>>
>>10753765
Its true familia, have been changing my pillow cases every night for a while now and my acne has been reduced greatly
>>
take diet into consideration too. could it be dairy causing breakouts? i figured that out and started limiting my dairy intake. also eat fruits and vegetables everyday. make sure to exercise daily. don't touch your face too much either
>>
>>10747703
I use an exfoliator and toner.
Make sure to moisturize if you have dry skin.
Some toners can make your skin prone to burning in the sun so be careful.
>>
File: 20151226_023655.jpg (580 KB, 779x1280) Image search: [Google]
20151226_023655.jpg
580 KB, 779x1280
Anything I can do or am I pretty much fucked in this regard? Suddenly appeared when I was 14 and it hasnt gone away. I'm 21 now
>>
>Wash face with facial cleanser
Oh great skin is dry
>Apply lotion
Skin is now Oily

My skin is dry, yet its somehow oily at times? I try to use facial cleanser to get rid of the excess oil, but then that leaves my skin dry. So i apply facial cream but that just makes my skin oily and clogs pores.

What the fuck, i can't win
>>
>>10755791
You're using shit products m8. See a dermatologist if you can't figure it out.

I like dat organic face wash shit, like Alaffia. Use light creamy moisturizers, if it has an oily cheap consistency stay away.
>>
>>10755801
I just ordered these new products, they shouldn't be shitty, probably for a different skin type. I think i have sensitive skin, its all kinds of strange. T-zone thats prone to getting clogged, especially nose and side of nose, at the same time its prone to getting dry and then the skin starts to peel or or whatever the fuck happens. I am red as fuck around T-zone as well. Dry in the eyebrows area, yet can get clogged easily. Skin on the outside seems to not get dry nor oily, but acne grows there.

Working out what skin products to buy is confusing man
>>
So I was at The Body Shop and the lady that works there told me you should only cleanse/exfoliate once a week.

Is this true?
>>
>>10755783
i also had the same problem, soi stsrted washing my face with colder water and after like a week it went away,
>>
>>10755996
Exfoliating should be done only 1-2 times a week generally.

Cleansing, no.
Unless she was talking about a combination exfoliator/cleanser (eg either one with aha/bha or with grains to scrub) which would be too harsh to use every day as a cleanser.
>>
>>10755791
>skin is dry after cleansing
You're using too harsh a cleanser for your face and it's stripping more than it needs, or potentially the ph is to high and it's fucking with your mantle immediately after use.

Either find a hydrating/gentle cleanser or try an acidic toner after to rebalance your face depending on which issue it is.
If you're using a foaming cleanser stop immediately. They dry out your skin like no other.

>lotion makes your skin oily
If your skin is dry it can have trouble absorbing thicker creams even though they have the moisture you need so they just sit on the skin.
Try a moisturising oil instead maybe. But it's like when you sort out cleanser issues your skin will be more receptive to moisturising anyway.
>>
>>10747722
>>10748941

>cetaphil is OK but my only gripe is the fragrance aspect. even if it say's non-scented it still has fragrance / fragrance mask in it's ingredients. really harsh for sensitive skin.

if you can afford it, the best 'god tier' stuff is retin-A (tretinoin). Literally not only cures acne but also stimulates your cells to rebuild collagen and basically give you new clean skin.

acne,wrinkles, etc all in 1 shot.
>>
I have black heads around my nose also some small holes on my checks. No acne tho help
>>
>>10757188
Sebaceous filaments and pores. Not much you can do there but putting certain primers on can reduce the appearance of pores.

If you don't know what a primer is its a base layer before foundation is put on to achieve a better texture and longevity but they can be worn alone which is what I would suggest you do. Many are colourless and just give a slight blurring effect to the skin. On a budget maybelline baby skin instant pore eraser is a godsend and makes larger pores look like they had a blurring tool taken to them but adds no colour to the skin.
>>
>>10747703
The biggest help for me was becoming aware of how things I ingest affect my skin.

A few pointers - I completely cut out my sugar and carb intake, upped my water intake, only sleep on fresh pillow sheets, don't take any medications.

No acne now.
>>
>>10756135
Dude, this is really helpful. Thank you!
>>
File: 10001590.jpg (19 KB, 504x548) Image search: [Google]
10001590.jpg
19 KB, 504x548
Thoughts?

I have fairly sensitive skin, need something cheap and good that I can buy in UK stores.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 540x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 540x513
>>10756612
I'm 1 month into tretinoin and still purging. W-when does it stop
>>
>>10757236
Thanks family. How about them black heads tho
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.