[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it considered socially acceptable for girls to wear jean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: reaction.jpg (89 KB, 497x497) Image search: [Google]
reaction.jpg
89 KB, 497x497
Why is it considered socially acceptable for girls to wear jean shorts but guys not?
Double standards
>>
for guys it is acceptable too
if they are around knee lenght
also
>2016
>caring about what is socially acceptable and what's not
>>
>>10747089
>for guys it is acceptable too
>if they are around knee lenght
>also
Thats the problem, i want people to not look at me funny for wearing ones that are above the knees
>>
>>10747081
you can totally do it you just have to pull it off well, and they probably can't be girls jean shorts (tight on your butt and stop right below the butt). but it def works if youre careful. short shorts are the shit friendo
>>
>>10747095
lmao
how can you expect that
above the knee shorts are like wearing an earring in the right ear
>>
Females are allowed to do stupid things as long as they are attractive and showing skin
>>
Because trailerpark trash made jean shorts a core outfit for them so it's hard to pull it off without people thinking that of you

Same thing with white people wearing Timberlands
>>
>Why is it considered socially acceptable for girls to have vaginas but guys not?

hey look, shithead, guys wear short shorts too, but it's different. Their concern is having their dong fall out the bottom, girls don't have this problem.
On the other hand, you should take the time and try to decipher the message that this particular style of clothing is sending.
Largely, women's clothing is smaller than mens as a form of sexual dimorphism and sexual expression.
Most women want to keep the veil of youth on as long as possible too. Wearing clothes that are of small scale helps them feel like they are achieving this. Either because they can look at their physically small clothes and feel like that reflects their body size, or because the physically smaller clothes is more proportional for children and ride the wave of those associations.
On the other hand, there is a lot of positive feedback from men who largely like seeing a woman's soft bits and also like the idea of youth, frail, and diminutive women.

There is also a little bit of a classist message going on here. If you take the time to consider why men don't wear short shorts, it's because traditionally they have to work for a living and wouldn't last 30 minutes on a farm with 80% of their leg exposed. Women on the other hand like showing off their relatively impractical clothing as a statement of how well taken care of they are and the posh life that they've grown accustomed too. When you see a club slut walking around with her ass out in 40* weather, the contextual message she is sending is "I drove my lexus here with a comfortable heating system and integrated seat warmers, instead of driving my 80s toyota like you plebians did, with your several layers of thermals."
>>
>>10747119
Can you even read? OP said jean shorts, not short shorts
>>
>>10747126
Because you are gay. You want to attract another males with your nice legs!
>>
I really wish I could hypnotize people into accepting jean shorts as normal
>>
>>10747132
>Because you are gay. You want to attract another males with your nice legs!
this board is 90% gay anyway~
>>
>>10747123
Aye, in that case, Jean shorts are okay for men too. OP is still a moron.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.