[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for general dark boots within decent price range. I prefer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: doc.png (147 KB, 490x498) Image search: [Google]
doc.png
147 KB, 490x498
Looking for general dark boots within decent price range. I prefer the worn out matte look over time, will these just stay shiny? Don't need to be extremely weatherproof being from Australia, just keep my feet dry when it rains and she'll be right.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

General boot thread if you like.

inb4 meme etc.
>>
>>10738546
those seem like they fit your needs just fine
consider getting the made in the UK line if you can afford them, since these made in china docs have been known to crap out occasionally
>>
also consider solovair, which are all made in the UK in an old doc martens factory iirc
>>
>>10738547
Cheers for that heads up
>>
>>10738548
Bought Solovairs couple years ago. Wore them for about 5 times and soles from both shoes split in half. Tried to get ahold of them and their customer support many times, no answer. Leather is fine, but I've never had any sole break so fast. I'd say avoid them because there's no way you can get them refunded/replaced if something like that happens it seems.
>>
>>10738546
+1 for Solovair. Docs suck ass now since they moved to China and the made in England ones are way overpriced. Solos are literally just pre-China Docs under a different name. Might be hard to get them in AUS tho, I don't know anyone selling them outside the UK/US.
>>
>>10738546

I have those pair of boots. They are just over a year old now, starting their second Canadian winter. Last year (which was one of the worst winters I have ever seen in recent memory) my feet stayed warm (wool socks) and dry. The boots themselves are worn in because I wear them frequently, but still seem to be holding together quite well.
>>
File: timbos.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
timbos.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>10738546
You should get Timberlands. Better than docs imo (I have both) and I wear the Timbs a lot more. Sturdier and higher quality for similar prices.
>>
>>10738546
get made in englands, mine are worn af with no holes/splits
>>
>>10738546
pretty much all leather will wear out like that
>>
>>10738546
the "for life" boots are not shiny
>>
>>10738827
Yeah looking at them online and the AUD is so bad right now it's basically double the price
>>
What are some slims black boots that are cheap? I like to wear all black converse hi top and like how they feel but now I want boots instead of converse cause I don't wanna be 12 forever
>>
>>10738546
I have some clarks faulkner rise and they are great, nice simple look that isn't either too skinny or too blocky, ok qualiy and low price.
The inner zip is handy too
>>
What are some good alternatives, like a similar style, to Docs that aren't Docs or Solovair? Something less shitty and so probably more expensive.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.