[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are formal hats on men dead? From what I understand, JFK killed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: hat.jpg (45 KB, 688x1032) Image search: [Google]
hat.jpg
45 KB, 688x1032
Are formal hats on men dead?

From what I understand, JFK killed the hat because he didn't look good in them, and recently neckbeards have tarnished them even more.

Now, what I think is awkward about neckbeards in hats is the attempt at formality. Basically it's not appropriate for the situations they find themselves in, the fabric is often busy and doesn't match their clothes.

I recently bought a hat very much like pic related: soft black felt, wide deconstructed brim.

My thought is that the hat is sort of minimalist and not terribly formal. I generally wear basic bitch /fa/ stuff: skinny jeans, neutral t-shirts etc

I'll wear the hat as far back on my head as it can go, which again should decrease the formality of the hat.

Can I get away with this? I'm okay with looking like a fag, but I don't want to look like an autist.
>>
>>10735768
If you don't have confidence in what you're wearing you should probably put it back in the closet until you do.
>>
>>10735781
Oh I have confidence, I'm just interested in the discussion.

I'm going to be wearing my nice new hat whatever /fa/ thinks.
>>
>>10735784
Well aside from confidence my only opinion on the matter is how the hat sits and fits. You're choosing to wear it far back on the head and that grondles my gazooks. Don't do that.
>>
I almost killed myself yesterday because of a guy wearing a hat like related in McDonald's.
He was wearing it with a long coat and fucking Nike running shoes. The shoes were so out of place, he looked liked he was trying way too hard.
The scenario is really similar to what op described with neckbeards. Trying to class shit up with a coat and a hat that doesn't fit in.
>>
>>10735794
I look amish with the hat further down, plus "grondles my gazooks" so I won't be taking your advice.

>>10735796
How about black leather slip on vans, or black DM shoes?
>>
File: -36-47.jpg (795 KB, 1432x1462) Image search: [Google]
-36-47.jpg
795 KB, 1432x1462
the alt instagram model whore sect love dudes in them
>>
>>10735808
Yes simple looking preferably unbranded shoes would be acceptable to me:)

The hat is quite daring, so I would be careful and wear it with simple basic shit, so I wouldn't look too much like I was trying to stand out.
>>
File: 1437411508446.jpg (33 KB, 527x497) Image search: [Google]
1437411508446.jpg
33 KB, 527x497
Wearing formal hats on the back of your head will always look goofy and tryhard as shit.

>>10735810
jfc no
>>
sure thing special snowfkake
>>
>>10735810
>trendy tats
>trendy hat
>trendy facial hair
>trendy haircut
>trendy leather jacket
>every accessory imaginable to grab attention
>but looks away from camera because he's so modest
cripes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.