[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fashion Logos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: sl.jpg (9 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
sl.jpg
9 KB, 500x250
what makes a good brand logo in the fashion industry? i think the easiness and elegancy in it makes it more digestible for the consumer but tehe ssence of the brand itself on it is crucial for the general aesthetic

anyways, i´m having a hard time coming up with one, idk if i should use my name in a simple way like in saint laurent or calvin klein, fuck, i could even use my trip name so you can remember me

pic related, pay attention to the "n" and "t"
>>
>>10735605

> "pay attention to the "n" and "t"

please shut the fuck up

if youre not able to create a logo by yourself it should be pretty clear that you dont have the skill to run a brand
>>
File: MMM_tag.jpg (198 KB, 714x447) Image search: [Google]
MMM_tag.jpg
198 KB, 714x447
>>10735605
>all this memery

get fucked
>>
>>10735922
its not the fact that i cant create a logo, its the fact that i believe in the importance of logos, its the image of the whole brand, what stays in your maind when you think about it, its not just fucking letter bucnhed up in an ironic maner or just a cheap word game, its the image of your work

>>10735935
lol why? its the word aesthetic or what?
>>
>>10735605
>elegancy
>not simply "elegance"

can't take you seriously, mang. sorry.

what makes a good logo in the fashion industry, and in any industry, has almost nothing to do with the formal properties of the mark. it has to do with the product or service provided, and consistency of use. but the product comes first. if the product's good, the logo becomes imbued with the goodwill for, and affinity to, the brand.

1. pick a fucking typeface. nothing trendy that will look dated in two years.

2. set the type immaculately. maybe a custom ligature or two, but nothing fancy or gimmicky.

3. use said typeface, and a second that complements it, for all of your collateral. be consistent.

stop overthinking it.

if the raison d'etre is because you want to sell hats and beanies and shirts and shit with a logo on it, and that's the extend of your product line, i'll just say that 1. it's silly, and 2. it can be just about anything; if you get someone famous (or instagram famous) to wear it, it will sell no matter what.
>>
>>10736377
well yeah,it was implied that the logo had to portray the fashion industry but i was referring to the impact of the aesthetics in the costumers, but you´re right
>>
>>10736395
holy shit can you stop using buzzwords

if you need to outsource for creative designs on a fucking board full of stem majors, what the fuck does that say about how creative you are?
dont even try and get in this industry
we will eat you up and you'll be broke before you know it
>>
>>10735605
why do you need a logo for? i know people who are selling enough of their stuff to pay rent while studying, and they dont have logos yet, if you arent an established designer you do not need a logo. once you truly make it you need one, dont make a logo before you have any knowledge, skill or reputation as it will make the logo look bad and you wont be able to use it if you by some miracle "make it" someday
>>
>>10735605
you are such a fucking faggot jesus christ
is there tripfag more insufferable
>>
>>10736430
i wasnt asking for your help, i just wanted to this discuss this subject to get more idea flowing, i already have 23 designs but still

>dont even try and get in this industry
>we will eat you up and you'll be broke before you know it
that sounds like a challange i´m willing to take

>>10736451
well as i´m going to sell my stuff in two different cities i want publicity from my own products, you know like a domino effect but maybe you´re right i shouldnt risk that

>>10736465
thx bbuh
>>
>>10736527
I will enjoy watching you fail
Really hope you will still be tripping when the eventual mental breakdown happens
>>
>>10736555
this
>>
>>10736555
what is life if you´re not going to take risks?

i can see it, /fa/ wearing my shit
>>
>>10736377
I agree with that, and I want to add that visible logos are trash tier.

The saint laurent logo is really nothing special, looks literally like every other Parisian logo.

Also, if the clothes are original you don't even need a logo because the styles speak for themselves.

>>10736527
Have you studied fashion design? If you, you will fail 100%. If yes, you will fail 95%.

You literally have zero chance if you're an uneducated fucktwit. There is so much fashion design people know and you don't even realize it.
>>
>>10735605
japanese text obviously
>>
>>10736608
well, i´m goin to study industrial design and then specialize in fashion design, my grandma taught me the basics of sewing and clothes making, i´ve made some patterns myself, ofc not heading straight into mass production
>>
>>10736555
>>10736580

this board is so fucking pathetic, no wonder why most of you guys are a bunch of pathetic losers
>>
>>10736843
Good. Study first, then make up your mind. Humility before everything.
>>
>>10736843
only advice i'll give you is, raise $250,000
>>
File: YvesSaintLaurent-logo2.gif (4 KB, 130x271) Image search: [Google]
YvesSaintLaurent-logo2.gif
4 KB, 130x271
>>10735605
This is the best one
>>
mr the chelsea guide how can you be so cringy

kill yourself you fat mexican faggot
>>
>>10735605
Hermetic symbolism and allegory to classicism
>>
>>10737022
It was until guidos starting wearing fake super scoop neck tight tees with it printed on them.

Kind of glad Hedi decided to change it has the original YSL logo (as good as it was) had become Louis Vuitton-tier: good designs ruined by people who don't understand what the brands are about.
>>
>>10736872
>>10736879
thanks, when i make it i´m gonna give discounts for all you fags for supporting me with your witty coments

>>10737125
this is what i was referring in the OP, the importance of logos in the fashion industry
>>
>>10737022
i never liked this desu
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.