[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reselling Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: reselling.jpg (61 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
reselling.jpg
61 KB, 620x400
Post tips for reselling. What items are worth buying for their resale value?

Just spent $125 on a bot only to strike out on the Yeezys. Reselling is a necessary evil I will have to take until I recoup my losses.
>>
theres nothing wrong with reselling stuff

however if you're literally just trying to rip people off like NAHK and the like then you're kind of an asshole
>>
>>10734180
Nah, not trying to rip people off. Just trying to make my money back. Now that I have a bot, I might try to cop some of the very sought after releases to sell them, but I'll mainly be using it to hook me and my friends up.
>>
Aside from Yeezys, bogos, some Jordans, what else is there worth selling?

How much profit can be made on high fashion sneakers like Raf, CP, SLP, etc?
>>
I suppose the usual streetwear/hype shit like Supreme and yeezy are your best bets for quick cash.
I do a bit of reselling, but it's mostly rare old designer shit like Helmut Lang, Carpe Diem, early Raf etc, i.e. stuff that will never be made again.

Different clothes, but same idea. Buy popular sizes, try and get things for cheap, resell on Grailed or eBay.
>>
>>10734215
Most of the high fashion stuff doesn't attain higher values than retail prices because the pieces are pretty readily available. The reason streetwear stuff gets to insane prices is because of the super limited drops.

The good thing about the labels you listed is that they have pretty good resale value even when used. If you buy new, you probably won't recoup that cost but you'll get back a chunk of it. If you score a good deal on something used, you can resell it for more than you paid.
>>
>>10734216
Do you ever try to buy a bunch of high fashion shit during, say, Black Friday or Christmas sales for the purpose of reselling?

I imagine if you're shrewd, you could get a pair of CPs, for example, for around $200 in the upcoming weeks.
>>
>>10734226
>Most of the high fashion stuff doesn't attain higher values than retail prices because the pieces are pretty readily available. The reason streetwear stuff gets to insane prices is because of the super limited drops.
I see, that makes sense. Do you know of a resource to go to to learn about what streetwear pieces will have the highest resales and to know when things are dropping?

It's not like I'm completely ignorant of fashion and streetwear, but I wouldn't consider myself a sneakerhead or a hypebeast or anything like that. I'm pretty busy, so it would nice not to have to spend that much time keeping up with this stuff. I was thinking of setting up a twitter feed/RSS, but I don't know which people/what sites to follow.
>>
>>10734234
For example, I saw that the Hypebeast x Adidas Ultraboosts came out recently. How am I supposed to gauge what they'll go for and if they're worth buying, or is that more of an art than a science?
>>
>>10734237
its common sense.... I guess you gain a sense over time so it might be an art you develop rather than just something you can learn from reading someone writing about it (like a science), but consider the factors:

400 pairs worldwide rumoured
literally a hypebeast collaboration
ridiculously overhyped concept (cageless)
hyped model (see hype on triple whites)

Ugly as shit but when all that adds up you can tell they're worth something.
Everything is worth buying, to me, if I can get over $50 profit.
>>
>>10734255
>400 pairs worldwide rumoured
Didn't know this.

>ridiculously overhyped concept (cageless)
Don't know what that means.

Yeah, I think I just need to spend more time on streetwear blogs.
>>
>>10734173
ive made 20 grand easy reselling and unlike you i dont have to do business with niggers
>>
>>10734276
Pretty sure 400 pairs worldwide was untrue, but the rumour spread so the hype went up, I think.

Google ultraboosts, then look at the hypebeast ones, They're missing the "cage", hence the name "cageless". People had been doing this customization to their normal pairs for months but, as with most custom jobs some weren't comfortable doing it so this release was a good option for those.
>>
>>10734227
Never tried. I don't really keep track of sales except a few select sites.

>>10734234
I don't know, sorry. I guess try Styleforum or Superfuture. There are probably some streetwear reddits too.
Basically what >>10734255 said too. What pieces is everyone blogging about? What pieces do you think look awesome? What pieces are a collaboration with a celebrity or famous designer?
Go from there.
>>
File: 1449995181546.jpg (29 KB, 343x543) Image search: [Google]
1449995181546.jpg
29 KB, 343x543
You're literally the scum of the earth

Please save releases for people who actually want to *wear* the shoes

Have nice day
>>
>>10734173
>Just spent $125 on a bot only to strike out on the Yeezys
lmao

if you don't get cucked by the resellers, you get cucked by the botters

it's no where near worth $125
>>
im bored so ill write a bit more (>>10734255 was also me).

Consider the factors for every release:

Availability:
The impact this has depends on the distance you intend on shipping (your city, domestic, international) so check:
- Size allocations
- - can mean a lot because, for example, many shoe releases have smaller stock in sizes 7-9 even though they're really popular (due to the asian hypebeast crowd).
- How many stores in your city have them
- Total number of pairs made or available in your country

Price:
- retail
- - low retail means more potential buys if they're hyped
- high retail may reduce the potential profits if the hype isn't that good
- - like for example, if aj4s are retail $240, resell might be $350, retail might shift up to $280 but resell could say at $350, reducing profits
- Does the hype outweigh the price?
- - This one is SUPER important, like, take triple black qasa highs for example, retail was high and even though the hype was big enough for them to sell out on most sites very quickly, resell prices were really weak, purely because the base price was high enough to deter a lot of people

1/2
>>
>>10734314
Hype:
- Low availability and high hype means you'll likely make a quick buck if you're lucky enough or have connections
- Check blogs (hypebeast, highsnobiety, nicekicks), forums (/fa/, superfuture, hypebeast, leddit) and social media (twitter) to gauge the general reaction to the release; if you can't see anything, be wary
- Most Jordans are hyped but not all of them, don't be a fool and buy that one pair of 8s just because they're still in stock
- High fashion stuff is way harder to resell, since it's usually available to cop from a lot of places, so stick it out for sales.

Once you gauge price, hype and availability and you've decided to purchase an item to resell, you need to know where to sell it.

You've got a few options:
Ebay:
Lots of users, good protection, but fucktons of fees
Grailed:
Specifically for clothing, good protection, small fee (not sure on exact rate, but something like 5%), lots of lowballers, though.
Gumtree/Craigslist:
Dodgy, usually little protection, lowballers, full of idiots
Klekt:
Similar to grailed, EU users mostly
Facebook groups:
Seriously the best option. Find your local clothing/streetwear/sneakers/jordan or whatever group and put some posts up! list your price, then arrange to either meet in person with cash, or use invoice/paypal gift depending on the legitimacy of the buyer

2/2
>>
>>10734279
I haven't done business with anyone yet. Also,

>implying whites and Asians don't buy the most Yeezys

Can you elaborate on what you've done?
>>
>>10734306
If I get a single pair of tan 350s next week, I will have paid for the bot, and more. I just wanted one so I could buy sneakers and Supreme for myself and my friends.
>>
>>10734314
>>10734318
Thanks for the tips, man.
>>
I have resold 2 box logo's for good return (the 20th anniversary and NY Yankees).

They were around 40$ each to buy, and sold each for around 125$, so a great flip.

In general, if there is a hyped item under 100$, it's better to cop then something in the 200$ range, because there is not a lot of money to make on top of the 200$ you spent.
>>
>>10734475
which bot did you get?
>>10734472
possibly fake rolexes lmao. there's actually a lot of cash in it if you're in an area where kids wanna look rich (new york, im lookin at you)
>>
>>10734173
what went wrong friend?
>>
File: bot life.jpg (132 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
bot life.jpg
132 KB, 600x800
>>10734173
>>
>>10734180
That doesnt even makes sense. Lol only you loser care about "nahk". Pathetic prick
>>
>>10734237
Facebook fan sales groups (Yeezy talk or Supreme fan pages) give u a good look on how valuable shit is. If you just ask for a price check most of the time you can get one.

Then there is ebay and you just check for how much completed listings have gone for.
>>
>>10735535
link
>>
this is the best thread i ever saw on /fa/
>>
>>10735535
i was looking at this but man its $325 lmao... Like I mean one successful purchase pays it off but it's still a big initial investment
>>10735550
aiobot dot com
>>
>>10736314
so crazy how much his cost. I might look into coding one myself desu
>>
>>10736329
same, java backend, doesn't seem extremely hard. especially not $325 worth of time required, anyway. I guess they just know most resellers are retarded with no talent so they can get away with the price
>>
>>10736420
facts!
Lets learn G
>>
>>10736688
I've looked into this as well, might make one for supreme but for yeezys the issue is site crashes so carting stuff does not really even matter. Would be cool if effay made a good Yeezy bot though - geos for everyone!
>>
>>10736713
I just need one for yeezys cause on that day i'm working 9 hrs :/
>>
File: free geos lmao.jpg (75 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
free geos lmao.jpg
75 KB, 960x720
>>10736688
actually pretty keen, I've got good understanding of all of the syntax and everything, but I've needed a project for a while... so this should be good.
>>10736713
expensive bots continue to send atc requests even when the websites are down, which doesn't seem like it'll be incredibly hard to figure out
and yea i actually sold pirate blacks to pay for my geos
>>
>>10736723
how'd you cop the blacks? legit or bot
>>
>>10736796
lucked out with a legit online purchase. adidas servers were not up to scratch so the css stopped loading and the "sold out" text, which was supposed to be hidden (because they weren't sold out), was showing, so I guess people just gave up? lol
>>
>>10736807
Lucky you. I'm really hoping I can cop the next ones 29th. Either program a bot before then or pray to yeezus
>>
>>10734717
bnb
>>
>>10735417
Took an L on the Yeezys. Couldn't use the bot for Adidas' site, and didn't have the backdoor link. I need to get into an insiders' chat/group. I don't know that much about reselling, but I could offer private tracker invites.
>>
>>10735535
How many did you cop though? I was able to add like 9 pairs to my cart on Finishline's website, but didn't checkout with any of them.
>>
>>10736839
Go on KTT, have 400+ posts and go on the G&G private thread

I convinced the mods to move it from that annoying Mainstream thread where there were 4000+ lurkers alone to a KTT OG only thread where we posted backdoors and shit
>>
>>10736839
I took an L too. I was able to get to the shoe page, but all was sold out lol
>>
>>10736815
My bot was useless. It can't be used on the Adidas website. Don't buy a bot.
>>
>>10736845
Yeah, I'm on KTT, and I was in that thread lol. I only have ~150 posts though, don't think I'll be able to get enough in time for the 29th.
>>
>>10736848
fuck..
>>10736845
ktt eh?
>>
>>10736842
some leddit user posted this. i was a good hearted kid and i blacked out his email. not before sending this to finishline's twitter DM tho.
>>
>>10736852
Where the fuck is the link for the G&G thread? I have 500 Posts.
>>
>>10734475
>sneakers and Supreme for myself and my friends
underage please go
>>
>>10734279
Trunks how you doing brother!
>>
b
>>
I'm having a lot of trouble selling my white Supreme Jordan 5s. I fucked up by not listing them immediately, thinking they would go for more when there's less for sale. But everyone who wants them has them by now and I'll end up getting like $300 for them. What should I do with them? I was thinking about just sitting on them for a couple of years. Would they be worth a lot by then? Or would the Supreme brand only be devalued by then?
>>
>>10739693
nothing has real value now it's all hype. desu if you haven't sold within the first couple of days you're taking an L
>>
anyone get an email from resell cartel? is it worth the $30 they're asking to join?
>>
>>10734215
any sneaker collab.
>>
>>10735541
nahk why don't you put your trip on when you try to defend your "archival" garment shilling buisness
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.