[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modernized Victorian Fashion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: ohsheeee.jpg (114 KB, 532x800) Image search: [Google]
ohsheeee.jpg
114 KB, 532x800
Is there a way to dress in the classy fashion of Victoria England without looking like a complete weirdo and getting made fun of? Their fashion was really nice looking compared to modern casual things like T-Shirts and board shorts.

What's a nice casual outfit that has the style of Victorian England without making you look like a complete time traveler, cosplayer, or joke?
>>
you'd have to just own it really

the rest of your life would have to follow though, i suggest memorizing lots of obscure literature quotes and poetry, riding a horse everywhere you go, and open carrying a blunderbuss as a start
>>
>>10731415
>Is there a way to dress in the classy fashion of Victoria England without looking like a complete weirdo and getting made fun of?

No
>>
>>10731415

you can find features of victorian fashion in a lot of our clothing. you just have to look a tiny bit.

if u mean ur actually gonna just wear exact clothes from 200 years ago in situations where other people are wearing casual things like t-shirts and shorts, then ya expect to be made fun of
>>
>>10731456
Well no I'm not gonna walk around in 4 piece suits with top hats in carriages and shit

I meant more like casual accessories from the Victorian era which are generally unpopular
>>
Best you can do in this day and age without standing out too much a a three-piece suit with a miss matched waistcoat and maybe try to bring the tail coat back into style and a cravat.

You better not be working class trying to pull off this look
>>
File: 00010big.jpg (304 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
00010big.jpg
304 KB, 1280x1920
ann demeulemeester you just gotta wear it with confidence and probably work in a creative field
>>
>>10731469

or just end up looking cosplay tier
kek
>>
>>10731415
I dream for a day when this comes back.

I think >>10731468 is more or less right - you could kinda fake it with a three-piece suit.
>>
File: Morning stroll.png (314 KB, 277x700) Image search: [Google]
Morning stroll.png
314 KB, 277x700
go for a morning stroller
>>
File: 00010big.jpg (242 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
00010big.jpg
242 KB, 1280x1920
>>10731472

u just gotta own it and everything will be fine
>>
>>10731494
literally looks like a homeless man in winter
>>
>>10731499
homeless are probably the most /fa/ people
>>
>>10731499

if u actually saw that majestic ass fit in person (minus the gloves and headpiece which are just there for theatrics) and how baller those fabrics look inrl the last thing going through ur mind would be homeless person.
>>
>>10731514
no, I'd still think he's looking like a feminine tryhard who is clueless
>>
>>10731580
yeah sure thing fuccboi
>>
>>10731618
says the guy who is probably 130lbs
>>
File: 277px-BrummellDighton1805.jpg (40 KB, 277x599) Image search: [Google]
277px-BrummellDighton1805.jpg
40 KB, 277x599
victorian era is really overrated and too gaudy imo

fashion peaked in the 18 oughts desu
>>
File: 471px-Portrait_of_Rubens_Peale.jpg (70 KB, 471x599) Image search: [Google]
471px-Portrait_of_Rubens_Peale.jpg
70 KB, 471x599
these collars need to come back
>>
File: Ben_Lubomirski4MVCN2_thumb[3].jpg (65 KB, 400x511) Image search: [Google]
Ben_Lubomirski4MVCN2_thumb[3].jpg
65 KB, 400x511
I guess a few things from the era could be adapted into modern wear (Pic Related)

More importantly, you've got to speak the talk try copying the mannerisms and lingo of these two characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alld4Og2sTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-dVqmCh_Jc
>>
File: f.jpg (289 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
289 KB, 2048x1536
>>10731483

why do english men dress like this at weddings? all the same matching fat, ugly ties and long jackets with shoes that don't match?

its fucking revolting.

how hard is it to get a nice, well fitting suit ? rather something hideous like that picture.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.