[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/body dysmorphia thread/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 21
anyone else here feel fucking disgusting and ugly 99% of the time, meanwhile people around you seem to find you attractive and compliment you pretty often?
>>
i feel extremely attractive all of the time

sometimes i get a lot of compliments sometimes i don't
>>
Tried a small handful of things on today, looked like complete shit and went home empty handed. Wanted to cry a bit.
>>
yes, except I'm genuinely ugly and I can't remember ever being complimented
>>
File: 1317047940267.png (5 KB, 601x695) Image search: [Google]
1317047940267.png
5 KB, 601x695
Yeah.

Just the other day someone told me I'm good looking and asked about my girlfriend...I don't have one.
>>
File: 14353380939910.png (43 KB, 972x768) Image search: [Google]
14353380939910.png
43 KB, 972x768
>feel fucking disgusting and ugly 99% of the time
Yes
>people around you seem to find you attractive and compliment you
No, i am ugly, no matter how im trying - im still 3/10, nobody likes me, because of this i dont have friends, girlfriend and even my parrents dont like me.
>>
>>10729128
post pic of yourself dude

we're here to help make you the best possible you
>>
>>10728558
Yes and yes, OP. Why must I feel this feel
>>
It got better than before but I still feel like a disgusting fat fuck. I get the occasional compliment but I usually pass it off as some sick joke and go back to the selfhate.
>>
>>10728558
Yes. Whenever I'm trying on new clothes the look good as long as I don't see my face. Meanwhile my gf tells me all the time how good I look and I know she has quite high standards for men so there has to be some truth to that. I just think my face is ugly. I have struggled with zero self confidence for like 10 years now so that might be it.
>>
>be me
>fat shitty senior in high school
>decent facial aesthetics tho
>find /fa/
>start taking interest in myself
>over the school year drop 70 pounds
>start looking good in clothes, bitches mirin'
>too beta to seize the opportunity
>see all the skellies on /fa/
>realize I'll never be a skelly
>crippling depression and low-self esteem cause me to drown sorrow in booze and drugs
>fuck my first year of college up
>gain all the weight back
Th-Thanks /fa/. I just recently decided to hop back on the wagon after two years. I feel like I have a better handle now, I'm looking to lose smaller amounts of weight in short term goals as opposed to "lol i want 2 b fa skelly." I still have those days where I feel like I'm 800 pounds and disgusting though.
>>
>>10729159
>wanting to be a skelly

baka desu senpai

ottermode is where it's at, don't let /fa/ tell you otherwise
>>
i genuinely think anyone at a "healthy weight" looks fat and gross
i myself need to be at the minimum 18bmi. anything higher and im not happy with my body
>>10729176
from a fashion standpoint you are objectively wrong
>>
>>10728558
i hate 99% of photos of me but my friends and gf rate me well, i dont understand
>>
>>10729176
I just hate my legs the rest's ok I'm truly happy with my legs when I starved myself but then friends and family started making remarks about how I looked so thin in the face (so happy though even though it's messed up) but starving yourself doesn't look good on the rest of my body
>>
>>10729193
>from a fashion standpoint you are objectively wrong

From Hedi's cock standpoint he is objectively wrong.

From the fashion standpoint >>10729176 is correct since 99% of all designers use ottermode models for MENS and not skellies.
>>
yeah I used to be fat. I spent a year getting /fit/ and now people tell me I'm looking very good (or, in some cases, that I'm anorexic or losing too much weight, joke's on them though, I'm going to get to go to their funeral when they die of a heart attack at 35). but when I look in the mirror or touch myself I just still see the fatass I used to be.

pictures of me genuinely surprise me. I legitimately don't expect what I see half the time.
>>
>>10728558
People comment that I look muscular quite a lot, but I really think I am average at best. I'm not fat, but I really don't think my body is anything noteworthy.
>>
File: liveagoodlife.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
liveagoodlife.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
>>10728558
Had the same problem when I was 18-21. Found myself ugly, but people thought I was good looking.

Now I matured and I understand that I just look a certain way and that's it. And that look is a result of sports, diet, skincare and genetics. On the last one I can't change anything, you either like it or not. On the first three ones I can always change something, but If I'm fat f.e. then that's the result of a fat lifestyle - too much food and too little sports. And If I live such a lifestyle, then that's exactly the look I deserve to have, so why should I be upset about it? Same argument goes for all the other things.

Same goes for you anon, no matter how you look there will always be people who like it or dislike it - people who like or dislike you as a person even. So don't bother to appease anyone, just live a good life. And if you want to improve something about your looks, you can always start right now: Go exfoliate your face, eat less calories for the next dish, or go hit the gym. Every little bit you invest will improve your looks a little bit. (You should ofc google for proper skincare/mealplan/training instructions and get some understanding first).
>>
>>10729194
Subjective audience.

>b-but my mom says I'm handsome
>>
>>10728558
I have one friend who keeps saying I'm really attractive but I think she's just being nice.
>>
>>10728558
I feel fat
I see me fat
I'm fat
>>
>>10728558
I'm tall, not very fat, proportional and have a good face. People give me compliments all the time and I have a good looking GF.

I feel fat, dislike my face/hair and dislike my looks overall. It's odd because I know it isn't a realistic view of myself yet I still feel it.

I'm just gratefull clothes sit good on me and I have the money to buy stuff I like.
>>
grill w a bmi of 16.9 but feel like a fuckin whale
>>
File: 1447415011595.png (251 KB, 459x429) Image search: [Google]
1447415011595.png
251 KB, 459x429
I feel one of two ways, always to the extreme

>Sexy ass motherfucking sculpted gift to mankind ready to do a photo shoot for a cologne/perfume commercial, can get anybody I wanted if I tried

>Disgusting beast who should have been aborted that no amount of plastic surgery will ever make attractive, will die alone
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 300x145) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 300x145
>>10729671
Too real man
>>
File: 1447414574891.jpg (40 KB, 296x302) Image search: [Google]
1447414574891.jpg
40 KB, 296x302
>>10729715
Thanks for the confirmation anon, I wasn't sure if I was the only one like this
>>
>>10728558
I genuinely hate my face and I hate myself

also >>10729743
I didn't see this thread until after I posted
>>
Hi and i'm fat (
>>
im 5'10'' 120lbs and think I look fat in the mirror
people tell me I look like a starved person
>>
File: 1436049431793.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1436049431793.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>10729760
Don't worry, I'm 5"2" and 120lbs, if it makes you feel better I'm fatter than you
>>
Yes.

I have kind of come to the conclusion that I must be attractive because I have attractive friends, get attention from attractive girls and it sure as hell can't be my personality.

However, I know for a fact I was an ugly child/teen, and identifying as an ugly person from a young age has done damage I feel to be irreversible. I genuinely think I look like shit but others don't seem to think so. Oh well.
>>
>>10729760
anorexia is so faggy and cucky on guys lmao
>>
>>10729795
I'm exactly the same. Attractive people tend to group up, and all my friends are pretty attractive. I get 7-8/10's and have a pretty shat personality.
I wasn't that fat growing up, but I was definitely considered chubby. I lost weight and kind of like my body now, but my face ruins it. Meh.
>>
>>10729760
im 5'10 123 lbs
and I feel fat as fuck. I dunno what to believe
>>
File: sed.png (138 KB, 334x327) Image search: [Google]
sed.png
138 KB, 334x327
>>10729855
You should believe you're a land whale, chubby.
No for realsies though you're probably just skinny-fat. No muscle tone, makes you look fat no matter how thin you are, cause whatever flesh that you can grab is soft and pure fat.
>>
>>10729884
t-thanks
>>
whenever I see old photos of myself I feel like that;s how I currently look n it fucks me up lol

family comment on how skinny i am all the time like im not trying to bulk up is annoying too lol
>>
>>10728558
It doesnt help when fat chicks get called beautiful.
So the word has loss all meaning. Are compliments pranks?
>>
>>10729671
same here...
>>
File: 1447414517629.jpg (32 KB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
1447414517629.jpg
32 KB, 225x169
>>10730562
Because it's wrong to tell fat chicks they're unhealthy and the excess tons of fat exponentially shortening their life by the pound are ugly
>>
sometimes I feel like I have a gut and feel bad
>>
>>10729193
man i fucking hate you i'm a natural skeleton and i wish i could be above 18 bmi. I myself have come to the realization that being this skinny isn't good looking at all, i wish i was at a healthy weight. Literally ONLY /fa/ and SLP models cherish being so abnormally thin, you're too indulged in /fa/ culture if you think for one second that "wow this is where i want to be in life, i want to impress some autistic kids who can't dress on the internet by being skinny" do you know hwo fucking stupid that is?? Take your body for granted you retard
>>
>>10729669
you couldn't be more delusional
>>
File: image_25.jpg (13 KB, 727x146) Image search: [Google]
image_25.jpg
13 KB, 727x146
I'm just ugly
>>
>>10729884
How do I get out of skinny fat? Like as quickly as possible with minimal effort?
>>
>>10732045
With that sort of attitude it's no wonder you're a Skinnyfat faggot.
>>
>>10732061
Thanks for the advice anon, I'll get straight to it!
>>
>>10728558
>tfw pectus excavatum
Feels bad mane
>>
>>10732084
Go to the gym you fat fuck.
>>
>>10732101
I've never stepped foot inside a gym, I wouldn't even know where to start. Would just simply running or cycling help? Or do I need to build muscle by lifting? Sorry, I've turned this into /fit/
>>
5'9 and 125 lbs

suicide tier
>>
File: really4.jpg (17 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
really4.jpg
17 KB, 231x244
I have received compliments, but it's only when I wear the most menswear shit possible. It's kind of fucked up.
>>
File: Feels bad.png (9 KB, 363x349) Image search: [Google]
Feels bad.png
9 KB, 363x349
>>10732261
>tfw 5'8 / 125 Ibs

Brb, gonna put some chicken in the oven, time to start eat more...
>>
File: No Hope.jpg (17 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
No Hope.jpg
17 KB, 284x339
>>10729128
>we are kindred spirits
>ugly, ugly spirits

I'm trying to at least get buff and rich, could always just get a mailorder bimbo from russia then and live like a king while I yell at the tv and she's talking on phone to Babuschka about how life in capitalist-land is not what she expected
>>
>>10732316
I read that mail order bride services these days are basically just like online dating -- you can literally get rejected by a poor girl from a 3rd world country that you are offering the world to if she doesn't think you're attractive enough (or rich enough).
>>
>>10732256
Do you know someone who lifts? You can also search online for some tips on how to start with lifting. It's not that hard, search online for a routine and follow that routine combined with a diet if necessary.
>>
>>10732321
That's only if you try to get someone worthy of having as a partner. Someone who is not just sexy but also smart and whatever.

However, I don't think that's realistic for me. The best I can hope for is either a hooker from Thailand that turns ugly af the minute she turns 30 (if she isn't ugly af already) that'll end up stabbing me to death, or a loving (at least good at faking it) and mildly retarded russian mail order bride.
>>
File: Bimbo dance.gif (465 KB, 200x317) Image search: [Google]
Bimbo dance.gif
465 KB, 200x317
>>10732256
You could just do what I did: get a membership at cheap gym inhabited by the scum of the earth (niggers, wt-anabola freaks etc), spend some time there just creeping people out while you watch how they do it.

Then just get a membership at some fancy gym where all the successful people go and rock it. It'll be more expensive, but you'll be there with regular guys and hot girls, who'll at their worst just be kind to you when they see you're a newbie, or fat as fuck, because they're already used to all the feminized men they met in university/their office jobs.
>>
>>10729193
>anything higher and im not happy with my body

You should probably spend your tiny amount of savings on therapy, not ricky-dicky clothes.

>lrn2luvurself
>>
File: feelsbad4.jpg (6 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
feelsbad4.jpg
6 KB, 245x250
>>10732354
>tfw impoverished qt3.14's won't let you change their life
>>
File: temp1.png (134 KB, 169x446) Image search: [Google]
temp1.png
134 KB, 169x446
9 times of 10. I used to think a BMI of 15.6 was acceptable. I started lifting and eating meat, eggs, and dairy again; I gained, and I look a lot better. This was me when I was a vegan twig. TW: shitty outfit
>>
>>10732549
Must have gotten REALLY old people
telling you to eat more.
>>
File: tempALK.jpg (49 KB, 736x402) Image search: [Google]
tempALK.jpg
49 KB, 736x402
>>10732563
my peers were telling me to eat more. nobody else really noticed. I'm glad I gained because it was really wearing in my face. my cheekbones looked like abbie lee on the right here. it wasn't /fa/ i just looked like a starving junkie
>>
>>10732573
Good on you!
>>
>>10732549
Healthy food + sports = ideal body

Don't eat shit food folks, then there will be no need to starve yourselves.
>>
>>10728558
I eat extremely healthy to the point where it's kind of obnoxious, don't smoke, drink or do drugs, and I still have terrible skin and hair. It destroys my confidence and makes me feel really gross

I'm only 22 and it seems like my face is already starting to sag. I've got gnarly nasolabial folds that make me look 50, plus a ton of acne scars and also reoccurring acne, all paired with an uneven skin tone and rough texture. Supplements haven't helped, nor have any topical skin care products

People always make positive comments about my looks and I've been called beautiful by some, so I don't know if it's all in my head and I'm just seeing something completely different when I look in the mirror. It's really starting to fuck with me though
>>
>>10729760
>>10729855
you're both fat and starved.
disgusting skinny fat 12 year old boys with weak straw arms.

unfortunately, you need to gain weight to build muscle, then lose the fat.
>>
>>10729193
>i genuinely think anyone at a "healthy weight" looks fat and gross
It doesn't matter what you think. You're worse the SJW tumblrinas who don't "think" being obese is unhealthy.

you are objectively wrong

it's not a matter of debate

it's not a matter of opinion

your opinion is incorrect. YOU are incorrect.

Grow some thick skin and stop being a fucking pussy.
>>
>>10732256
read the sticky of /fit/. Who are you kidding, you're always going to be skinnyfat. You have to have all this information breast fed to you like a little baby. You don't even want to do moderately difficult work to achieve a better body.

Have fun never being /fa/ or /fit/.
>>
>>10732270
That's because the majority of designer shit recommended here is for ladybois. The only people that appreciate that style are the .00001% of humanity who think that $1000 "different" ill-fitting hipster clothes are true fashion.

Sometimes, simpler is better. Think for yourself rather than getting all your advice from one source.
>>
i've been coming to /fa/ sporadically since 2008 and this meme about being manorexic is still a thing? jesus lol. you guys aren't fucking runway models, stop starving yourselves. you look like shit. if you genuinely think you look better being out of shape, there's no saving you.
>>
>>10732782
>y-you don't understand me! society is fucked! mom and dad drove me to have self esteem problems!

don't stress about these kids too much. they'll grow out of their angst.
>>
>>10731652
>i'm a natural skeleton
read as: im skinny but have no muscle
>you're too indulged in /fa/ culture
not him but i go on this board once or twice a month
>Take your body for granted you retard
thats not what that means lmfao

if you actually exercise sometimes while still being skelly u will look good
>>
File: 1449608825778.png (147 KB, 515x328) Image search: [Google]
1449608825778.png
147 KB, 515x328
>looking good feeling good
>unlock phone, open camera
>its flipped the wrong way and I get an awful look at my face
>>
>>10733381
holy fuck this. and whenever my friends take pics of me while i'm mid action/wasn;t ready(dont know i you get what i mean there) and my face always look fat as shit/ugly as shit
>>
File: IMG_20151219_164313.jpg (985 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151219_164313.jpg
985 KB, 2448x3264
I feel like a manlet :^(
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.