[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most /fa/ city and why is it St. Louis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: St_Louis_night_expblend.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1929) Image search: [Google]
St_Louis_night_expblend.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1929
What is the most /fa/ city and why is it St. Louis?
>>
>big enough to have culture and places to go
>small enough to not be a meme
>cheap real estate so even poorfags can live in huge /fa/ victorian estates
>hint of danger and irony
>emergence of of tech and creative boom here
>not coastal
>plenty of /fa/ urban wasteland to explore
>>
>>10727224
No mention of
>prominent art scene
>tons of money
>gay scene
>music scene

Where are my STL bros fav places to hang out?
>Foam
Probsbly one of my favorites I've been to
>>
Places I've heard good things about
Madison
Urbana/Champaign
Buffalo
South Jersey
Fuck it, all of New Jersey
Omaha
Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill
El Paso

Not much about St Louis, except that residents think the crime statistics are overblown, even though they're not
>>
>>10727359
>music scene
I hope youre referring to the Symphony, which is great, but the rest of the music scene is absolute garbage

we're so culturally lagging being in the middle of the country, its like all the worst music trends of the past 15 years are alive in full force
>>
>DETROIT
>>
>>10727359

Handlebar and Earthbound Beer mostly
>>
>>10727380
Ehh I've heard the Symphony is good, I think some of the bands to come out of Saint Louis lately have been alright. I'm a sucker for midwest emo, so foxing is my shit. I mean alot of the venues here book some great bands, not as good as other cities but not "dead". Afterall it is the midwest so you can't expect too much.

Crazy impressed by the art scene here though, or atleast the ate collectors. The SLAM has an incredible collection of pieces, not to mention all the private collectors.
>>
>>10727396
Only ever been to the handlebar when it was dead on a weekday, was still super chill though. I've heard it gets absolutely packed on the weekends though.
>>
>>10727417

Can get pretty crowded. I just go because that's where my friends work/hang out.
>>
>>10727407
yeah, emo scene is already, even if it is outdated.

I was mostly referring to the hipster/pubrock/fedora lounge type stuff that should have died off in 2002. the hipsters here are ridiculous
>>
>>10727565
>already
*alright
>>
>>10727407
>>10727565

>emo
>music

No.

St. Louis has plenty of great acts and plenty of good bands travelling through. Emo is just a shit genre to begin with.
>>
hitting harrys for nye
>>
Los Angeles
>>
>>10727612

>Los Angeles
>not just another overplayed coastal meme city
>>
>>10727612

Los Angeles is a shit.
>>
>>10727379
Madison is really cool, but a lot of it is pretty whitewashed and college.
>>
File: 647.png (671 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
647.png
671 KB, 900x506
Friendly reminder your place of residence will do absolutely NOTHING to help remedy your awful style and disfigured face.

Carry on
>>
>>10727715
pic related
>>
St. Louis is pretty GOAT-tier in a certain kind of ironic counter-culture kind of way. It is a pretty great city.
>>
san fransisco bay area GOAT

there is literally no other place in the US worth living
>>
>>10728309

lol, I bet you think you're from northern california as well.
>>
File: c town.jpg (499 KB, 1024x570) Image search: [Google]
c town.jpg
499 KB, 1024x570
Seattle seems cool to me desu
>>
I live in University City. I feel like St. Louis is very un /fa/. The only nice thing is it is cheap.
>>
>>10727382
Detroit is cool, I was living there for a while but now I'm not but I'm thinking of moving back
>>
>>10728313
>>10728455
>>10727633

>implying that NYC, LA, SF, etc. are /fa/

They're meme cities, t b h
>>
File: 1449695161448.jpg (154 KB, 1024x686) Image search: [Google]
1449695161448.jpg
154 KB, 1024x686
you'll never live here then
>>
>>10727573
STL has a pretty nice noise scene which makes the drive worthwhile.
>>
File: 1448936824002.jpg (396 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448936824002.jpg
396 KB, 1920x1080
where in america can i get a house like this with weather like that? how much will it cost? can i work in a nearby grocery store?
>>
>>10727212
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.... HOLY FUCK
Ive been there once and it is just this desolate shithole populated by the trashiest people ive ever seen and niggers.
>>
>>10727707
Madison is dope. There's definitely some frat vibes but it's not as bad as most other college towns.

>Nice lakes
>Good music scene and downtown
>Progressive urban planning
>Relatively cheap real estate
>Awesome cheap beer

I would consider moving to the place if I was American.
>>
>>10728566
THA JERZ
>>
Austin, tx?
>>
>>10727212
ITT: insecure midwestern cuccklets rationalize living in a culturally void stripmall wasteland.
>>
>>10728615

>austin, tx

no.
>>
B O S T O N
>>
>>10728502
What the fuck does that even mean
How can a city be a meme
>>
>>10728576

Minnesota, Nebraska, Montana
>>
>>10727379
>>10728593

NJ is pretty great, there are lots of pockets of amazing music hidden amongst the sprawl

Its the most densely populated state, and has every kind of demographic living on top of one another. There are hip arts towns right next to slums right next to stripmalls, surrounded by farmland and the shore.
>>
>V I E
>I I
>E I V
>>
h town you know it
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.