[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /fa/ feel about Ralph Lauren?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: ralph-lauren_416x416.jpg (11 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
ralph-lauren_416x416.jpg
11 KB, 416x416
How does /fa/ feel about Ralph Lauren?
>>
I don't like the logo/brand (whoring they started a couple of years back)
>>
i like polo op what is ralph lauren
>>
I wrote a paper once on how they're the greatest fashion brand to ever exist

I don't know if I still hold to that belief but the company has definitely made a name for itself and they have some nice clothes
>>
>>10725128
hot garbage 90% of the time for brandwhores
>>
>>10725128
ive heard good things about purple label stuff

everything else is trash minorities wear to try and seem wealthy
>>
>>10725128
i only know them from their polo shirts, which are almost always worn by guys in the 50s.
>>
I bought anavya Polo Ralph Lauren t shirt at a thrift store for $4. It like it but I wouldn't pay full price ever
>>
Does anyone know what this shirts called?
>>
>>10725128
they have some nice shirts but i wouldnt wear anything else they make
>>
>>10726181
horrible shirt
>>
>>10725128
Their stuff can be nice if worn well, but half the time I see someone wearing Ralph Lauren it's an overweight greasy guy in an baggy creased white shirt.
>>
I have a very old (made in the 70s or 80s) dark blue blazer from them that's super comfy (for a blazer), has inner pockets, etc
So at least their vintage shit is decent
>>
I hate the stuff with the logos, but they have decent stuff as well
For example i saw a pair of suede chelsea boots and i was surprised when i saw they were made by polo ralph lauren, i'm still deciding if i should cop
>>
>>10725194
I'd like to think that's true. But I suspect it's like the Chinese takeout secret menu myth.
As if they're holding back the good stuff from the normies or something.
By enlarge they strike me as overpriced brand trash. Basically a highstreet store for arabs.
>>
File: 1411622468030.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1411622468030.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>10726253
>suede chelsea boots
>>
>>10725128
Vintage (~80s) Ralph Lauren was absolutely superb for the time. I reaaaaally want one of those cute-as-fuck bear sweaters.

But modern Ralph is somewhat complicated-

Their standard blue and purple labels are still pretty nice. If you like prep, they do it extremely well. I know their style may feel a little unoriginal at this point, but I think that's something of the goal - Ralph Lauren is always gonna be about that sportier preppy look, and they do it so well that it's almost guaranteed to never go out of style.

Polo Ralph Lauren is a mixed bag. The PRL that's sold online is actually quite nice and of good quality, whereas the shit sold in mall stores is demonstrably awful. I'm not sure why that is - I've always suspected that there's a secret sort of tiering going on in the brand, but who knows. PRL also has a bad rep for being the dumping ground of bad design ideas for Ralph Lauren - big pony logos (i.e. the "buy this, Arabs!" shirts), etc. I kinda loved it when they were doing hunting jackets, though, because I fucking love shooting patches on the shoulder.

RRL, RLX, "American Living," and similar spin-off brands are unmitigated trash.
>>
hey dude there's a shirt on your logo.
>>
>>10726339
My thoughts exactly
>want one of those cute-as-fuck bear sweaters
me too senpai

The old aztec jackets are really nice too
>>
They are somewhat popular so /fa/ isn't going to like them.

Is it your first day here?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>10725128
I understand it as a ghetto brand in the US.
here in germany it's usually worn by pot bellied old men pretending to have a yacht in ibiza
>>
File: image.jpg (658 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
658 KB, 960x1280
I like the Polo, black and purple label
>>
>>10726980

w2c boots?
>>
>>10726273
you really don't have any right to judge when you're a fucking frogposter
>>
I think I agree with the majority that there earlier Polo line is pretty decent but currently its usually hit or miss
>>
>>10725148
This website might help you: http://www.grammarbook.com/
>>
>>10725128
Just stay far, far away from the items that have obnoxious/excessive branding.
>>
>>10726181
fake shirt
>>
got a pair of RL chelseas on grailed. Quite nice actually
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.