[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is palewave normie yet? What is the next iteration in term of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1450200361090.jpg (250 KB, 904x600) Image search: [Google]
1450200361090.jpg
250 KB, 904x600
Is palewave normie yet?
What is the next iteration in term of shape and colors?
>>
I think /fa/ would like to venture into the even more extreme version which is loosewave?
>>
the unironic use of -wave is the cancer killing /fa/
>>
>>10722614
Just googled it.
Pale is chill
Loose is bloated and cringy.

>>10722617
Can you tell me other roads to explore? I'm kinda new to the hype and I don't want to finish like a walking meme.
>>
>>10722625
I agree with you, the loose shit doesn't do it for me. pale is something I can get behind with my mustard t-shirt.
>>
File: Belladonna.jpg (435 KB, 831x1196) Image search: [Google]
Belladonna.jpg
435 KB, 831x1196
Palewave is just parents handmedowns. Ofcourse the average /fa/ user would be behind it. Last census showed the median age to be 16. Palewave is literally "dressedbytheinternet" the meme.

Loosewave isn't even close to palewave. And it shows a much deeper understanding of shape and color. However, it is still shit and fairly old at this point, Acne was pushing for it three years ago.

There is no next iteration, it's whatever is chosen by Socialites. Newfags come here and if they are white, they look at some shia inspo and try to copy that look and end up leaving this place in shame. If they are black, they look at some Kanye inspo and leave for other forums to circlejerk Kanye. If they are some mixed ethno, they might stay around, bumble through styles, buy a bunch of meme shoes and never have the wardrobe to pull any of them off. At which point they will slowly fall off the earth.

The only style is your style. If you try to copy someone elses style, you will look like a fraud and be laughed out of a waywt. Fashion, more then the house names, is about expounding on the nature of self-identity. Some people take this idea too far and feel like they have to have the most clashing outfits ever, just to seem different. But really, you find what you like, and you wear it. Meme clothes has nothing to do with identity, its something marketed heavily, and most fashion critics deem it as uninspired garbage for lowlifes. So don't be a lowlife.
>>
>>10722657
Nice message you wrote there. Thanks.
To be honest, I don't have thousands to spend on fashion clothes and accessories, and I like simple plain stuff I can mix with a low probability of mistake.

I am not seeking to be a tryhard at copying what rich kids on Internet recommend to wear. In my daily life, I spend my days in my lab and around the science and technology campus in university's color sweatpants, worn out sweater and 1$ plastic flip flops.
Elsewhere, I want to fit in with my friends' friends as I am tired of being a lazyfuck and spend my youth sitting in a chair browsing the web.
I like the colors promoted by the palewave but I can't identify myself to the people I see wearing this style on various blogs n' accounts.

If I can't predict what's going to be next after the *wave trends, I'd like to witness the change happening instead of following.
>>
File: Nanamica SS16 01.jpg (25 KB, 396x575) Image search: [Google]
Nanamica SS16 01.jpg
25 KB, 396x575
Palewave + loosewave is the next big thing in terms of palewave-like fashion. See: http://www.highsnobiety.com/2015/12/10/nanamica-spring-summer-2016-lookbook/
>>
>>10722614
>google "loosewave"
>bunch of black women with loose, wavey hair
>google "loosewave tumblr" as I thought it would get me the fashion trend
>they're all white now
wew
>>
>>10723966
>highsnobiety
>>
>>10722730
There is one rule in how to shop for clothes, and that is "make sure it fits". That's not to say baggy isn't acceptable, but if you want to avoid looking trendy (ie wearing something baggy) just wear clothes that fit. Not to shirt not to long. Not to tight not to lose. Not to high not to low.
>>
>>10723994
Bruh do you even Google?
Loosewave, not loose wave. Learn to go deeper normieboy
>>
>>10722609
stop being out of touch that chick dresses like an average american apparel employee circa 2011

could it still work today, clearly yes. is it "new" and finally becoming "mainstream"...... get over u r s e l f
>>
>>10722609

palewave has always been normie as fuck wtf u on kid
>>
>>10725624
This.

It's funny how delusional and obsessed people can get about the most ordinary styles.
>>
>>10725597
>>10725624
>>10725639
Pls teach me where the effay road is to be built.
>>
>>10722609
>/fa/
>not nornalfag by default
>>
>>10725801
don't cut yourself with that edge.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.