[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Your two favorite designers and why No shitting on each
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 01.jpg (852 KB, 1606x1122) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
852 KB, 1606x1122
ITT:
Your two favorite designers and why

No shitting on each other, everyone has their own particular taste and their reasons.
>>
Raf Simons Rick Owens usually what I'm dressed in
>>
Kanye because hes my favorite rapper/producer and now my favorite designer

Asspizza because he's pretty cool and a smart guy, very creative
>>
>>10718331
roll
>>
>>10718331
ACRNM x2
>>
>PLAY Commes des Garcons because of the youthful, yet still sophisticated and simplistic aesthetic of their shirts.
>Supreme because of the influence it has on the youth and its streetwear and skater blend.
>>
haider ackermann number wang
>>
>>10718331
Tom Ford and Ralph Lauren.

Tom Ford has an understanding of menswear and masculinity that I genuinely like quite a bit. I've pretty much never seen a suit he's made that I didn't like or see something I liked in, which is rare. His womenswear is also nice from what I've seen, but I have a limited eye for that sorta thing.

Ralph Lauren I like as sort of a fallen angel. He took Americana and did some fucking amazing things with it back in the day - it was a direction that I feel took the Brooks Brothers idea to the next level, far away from the stodginess that Brooks still can't shake. Problem is he's kinda let that fall apart as the brand is constantly subdivided and moved into various markets - Polo Ralph Lauren is barely tolerable, RLX and RRL and their derivatives are absolute horseshit. I kinda only like Ralph Lauren in theory nowadays.
>>
>>10718331
Sk8thing because its a mix of interesting, cool pictures with actual tailoring, rather than just slapping them on a gildean tshirt

The guy who designed Issey Miyake Men ss16 because he's not afraid to use color or colorful prints. This is ignoring the fantastic silhouettes of the items and general 'chill' theme he has.
>>
>>10718359
I love Tom Ford's thinking of how something should look and the idea of fashion changing when the world's changing. I just watched a documentary and he is one interesting guy.
>>
Hedi, slp because it's for me the perfect amount of androgyny mixed with some California beach punk which I love. It's fashionable but still normie. At dior he had such a large influence on fashion in general it was insane.

Rick or Anne d. I actually wear Anne but I have a huge amount of respect for Rick. I like my designers to design for themselves and their ideal world. Rick is so immersed in his designs his clothes feel like they are just an extension of his personality.
>>
>>10718331
ccp cause its designed by the devil, comme des garcons because its designed by a crazy japanese woman
>>
Saint Laurent, because I fit the body type they style after, and it is a good mix of Parisian left-bank traditions with grungy modernity.
Norse Projects because it's basic, comfortable, and not too expensive. Also everything I have from them is good quality.

Another thing – now I'm returning after a while just to check it out, this board has gone to shit.
>>
issey miyake and yohji, both for their focus on silhouettes
>>
>>10718336
>>10718337
>>10718356
plz get off this board and go back to r/streetwear
>>
>>10718337
> designer
> asspizza
Choose one.
>>
>>10718692
op asked for designers
not brands
>>
>>10718780
>taking the b8
>>
>>10718842
Yeah dammit that was obvious b8 I'm an idiot.
>>
Jona Sees because textures.
Iris van Herpen because technologies.
>>
>>10718657
You've got Ann D. garments yet you still misspell her name twice?
>>
>>10718877
if you like Jona Sees for textures, i think you might like Daniel Andresen.
I saw his collection in a boutique a while back, the fabrics and construction was amazing.
It's like Jan Jan van Essche, but a little bit more affordable.
>>
>>10718890
thank-you! i like.
>>
Raf

John Galliano

Helmut Lang or Yohji as runner ups
>>
>>10718714
Same
Fucking love Jun Takahashi as well, something about his stuff just resonates with me
>>
>>10718745
>not recognising rick and raf usually what I'm dressed in

Maybe you should fucking leave instead.
>>
>>10718745
>2015and11monthsand13days
>not recognizing LE MEMES

Fucking faggot back to 9gag
>>
>>10718331
Stutterheim

It rains a lot here.
>>
Hedi Slimane
Martin Margiela
Damir Doma
>>
>>10718885
Ann gets autocorrected to Anne on my phone for some reason
>>
File: visvim-layers-floraldetail.jpg (64 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
visvim-layers-floraldetail.jpg
64 KB, 500x334
Daiki Suzuki and Hiroki Nakamura. Both have such an incredible eye for detail. I love being able to explore a garment as I wear it and discover features I did not know about. And I just love the quality materials used by both designers.
>>
Acronym - Because it looks cool

Gosha Rubchinskiy - Because Russian soul, man
>>
Jun Takahashi
I love everything he's done.

Rei Kawakubo
CDG is rad.
>>
Patrik Ervell because I like normcore
>>
Dries van Noten is a fucking genius, everything he does is amazing.
Raf has some great shows, and is probably the most artistic designer alive, but his ready to wear is sketchy.
Rick's shows go back and forth in my mind between genius and idiocracy, his ready to wear is a lot better than Raf's though.
Hedi has created my favorite aesthetic out of all four, but lacks the originality ever since leaving Dior.
KVA is also really underrated

But yeah overall I'd say Dries
>>
>>10718337
cuck senpai desu
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.