[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
money i guess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1
File: money .jpg (3 KB, 135x90) Image search: [Google]
money .jpg
3 KB, 135x90
this topic has been on my mind for a while: how does everyone on here make enough money to cop designer, sometimes even full designer fits. not saying anything about designer prices, just sort of wondering how everyone here makes money.
>>
mommy and daddy
>>
>>10711474
what do you mean. do you just ask your parents for money?
>>
>>10711463
I have a job that pays reasonably well.
>>
>work at convenient store chain that pays well over min. wage in my state so i make ~850 per check
>live with family
>only have to pay car insurance, phone bill, and gym
>>
Alot of them don't go out and do things with their money and just save it to spent it on clothes.
>>
>>10711463
I make my cash mostly online and live in a relatively cheap country so I can order shit online/travel around and get decent clothes. If I didn't have a social life I'd be able to afford all designers, but since I do I cop mid range /fa/ shit.
>>
>>10711463
My work pays 17$/h and have very flexible hours. When I'm not at work I spend my time flipping articles of clothing and car parts. I also live with my parents and have very little expenses.
>>
>>10711481
why do i always see you in these threads, bateman? i like you but fuck, they don't lie when they say you are proud of your job.

anyway, I have 5 jobs, it keeps life a little interesting.
>>
>>10711482
Where the fuck do you live
>>
I get paid decently ($28/hour) and still live with my parents for now.

Just gotta pay my car insurance, small bills and going out with the gf (although we split alot of the stuff).

I build my wardrobe real slow and usually buy on grailed
>>
Is buttcoin effay? What's the most effay currency?
>>
>>10712185
What do you do
>>
>>10712598
This.
Where I live, 10$/h is reasonable
>>
I sold all the land my dad apparently had for me from spain so i have 45k to my name and im working at H&M for the time being until Barneys will employ me ;_;
>im 18.... Im responsible r-right?
>>
>>10712760
>sold all your land
>45k

Good job liquidating all your assets at 18 faggot. Enjoy working those minimum wage retail jobs for life when you inevitably blow through that money in a few years.
>>
>>10712760
this sounds extremely stupid unless your land was absolutely garbage
>>
>>10711463
it's kind of a life style change.

you're kind of asking "how do you guys lose so much weight and get buff every summer"

the answer is they don't....they live a lifestyle to attain the level of fitness.

you want high end clothes? it's not just replacing 1 of your thrift store rolling stones or family guy pun t shirt with a tom ford shirt for free

it's building a wardrobe that isn't based around cargo shorts, t shirts and socks with sandals

and it isn't for everyone
>>
>>10712779
Spain is basically bankrupt
Nyc is leagues above spain senpai
>>
parttime job, flip shit on ebay and live with my parents so rent is covered
>>
>>10712785
It was nothing special, all the prime real estate are owned by millionaires that use the property as a summer home. I prefer NYC over any other place
>>
>>10712803
op here. i dont own walmart tier shit. and i have decent taste, i do own a cdg shirt, but i saved up for it. im just trying to figure out how everyone lives while still being able to afford full designer fits.
>>
When you consider that it some people's main interest and hobby, it becomes a bit more understandable.
>>
>>10712950
kill yourself
>>
>>10712991
>>>/out/
underage b& pls go
>>
It's about having priorities
>>
I don't make enough money to do that, I earn about $600 a month (I work like 15 hours a week). I just thrift and buy used shit and watch for good sales. I also flip or repair some of the stuff I thrift so that gives me more money to buy shit.

Other than that I live at home and minimize my spending on other shit. Currently working on getting into Network Security (just got my Network+, going to get my Security+ in March probably) which then I'll hopefully be making ~$4000 a month.
>>
I earn a lot of money, maybe as much as this Bateman character.

But I still buy poverty fashion because I ain't spending $2000 on a tshirt.
>>
>>10712986

Yeah, in terms of hobbies, fashion is actually not terribly expensive long term compared to other things unless you buy big name designers at retail. And even then depending on the collection and how long you wait and how well you take care of it you could resell it for WAY more than retail.
>>
Waiting tables and living with mommy and daddy until I'm done with school. I make about $2400 month. After bills I'm left with about $1200 a month.
>>
I make 20 bucks an hour as a model part-time while I'm in college and my parents are rich, so I could afford designer stuff.

I shop at the thrift store though because I'm a mega jew.
>>
>>10712995
Dont worry i will, at least ill have funds to go out with bang :^)
>>
>>10712596
Euros/pounds
>>
$15/hr to merchandise beer on weekends. I'm a fulltime student and generally don't buy designer clothes or nice things in general. I have a small watch collection and some nice shoes but all of my clothes I've bought are very cheap. Trying very aggressively to minimize my possessions. It's a great lifestyle.
>>
>>10712760
>im working at H&M for the time being until Barneys will employ

When do you think Barneys will give you a shot/consider you employable?

I'm of similar age and work in retail too. Would like to work for a luxury department eventually too so just curious.
>>
>>10714456
Not anon but with dept. stores you just need to know someone
I have a friend that started working at AA and through a friend got hired at Bloomingdales, Prada and now Gucci
>>
>>10714456
Barney's is a goal to say the least but Urban Outfitters is currently next. Got anything in the NYC area senpai?
>>
I get paid $11/hr for sleeping 12hr/a night for 5 nights a week. Looking for a 2nd job however, don't want minimum wage.
>>
28 dollarydoos an hour to spend half my time looking through java code and the other half waiting for our slow ass servers to get restarted
no social life - 21, single, no obligations
family still helping me with car payments because i graduated early
i still shop at thrift stores mostly because oy vey, also because it's nice to try things on first
buy myself something real fancy online or at the designer store here once in a while though, maybe once every couple months i get something like that
>>
>>10714750
in short i am exactly the target market of nordstrom rack's men's section
lazy, lucky yuppie
:3
>>
I'm poor so I only buy cheap stuff from H&M etc.

I get the equivalent of $2280 a month after tax.
>>
>>10712760
I know that feel. I work at a links. Mostly because the first job that hired me the clothes is shit but I wa just snubbed for an assistant manager position that a lot of people thought I should have. I wanna stay in retail but I don't know where I can go that pays well enough. Either way I'm just gonna go do real man's work.
>>
I'm partner in an advertising company I started. We bill at $175/hr.
>>
I save money as I don't really have any hobbies besides gaming and fashion, and I make a lot of money off of working an IT job for a small manufacturing company even though I'm only 18.
>>
youtube and parents mainly
>>
>>10712675
>>10712185
I work for my government's transit system as a service person

Pretty much a janitor with more handyman duties like changing light bulbs, fixing signs, etc.

Not a lot of people wanna be a janitor though, even though it's such an easy job and more about maintaining your workplace. I do have job security, full benefits and a great pension plan though since its a union, so I have nothing to complain about
>>
It's funny. The people still living with their parents have probably looked down on others on here before.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.