[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
job interview - no warning less than 12h - haven't got all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: suit2.jpg (1022 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
suit2.jpg
1022 KB, 1836x3264
Hi!
So, I'm currently looking for a job, and a couple minutes ago I got a call for an interview tomorrow. Less than 12h away. I'm at my folks home at the moment and I have no chance to swing by my place.
I only have two suits with me. A traditional black one and a less conventional which I'm more fond of though.

This what I'm talking about:

http://i.imgur.com/Dvupt83.jpg

Would this be a suitable color palette to use for a job interview or should I opt for the more toned down black suit/white shirt/black shoes and matching tie?
Greatly appreciated for any feedback and I would really enjoy getting the place since it's on a reputable place that will help a lot with my career.
>>
>>10702975
What type of job?
>>
>>10702991

> OP here

lawyer
>>
That's not a suit m8, that's a very casual looking blazer - and it fits you really bad. I would say to stick with the black, even though that's generally a pretty bad color to interview in.
>>
>>10703026

I'm aware of that. But I have to get by with what I have atm.

These aren't tailored pieces, I can't afford such a thing right now and the black fits me even worse.

And what about going non formal?
>>
>>10703039
Stick with pic related, if youre lucky the interveiwer will lead you in with a line like "oh nice blazer!" (A blatant lie) and you can breifly explain the pinch you're in
>>
>>10703488
Its an all around ballsy move, and with the right attitude you might just be able to pull it off.
>>
>>10702975
>should I opt for the more toned down black suit/white shirt/black shoes and matching tie?
This.

Conservatism is pretty critical in initial interviews. Whip out the weird outfits later.

As for the fit... if you have 12 hours, nothing can be done. But they all do need tailoring.
>>
>>10702975
I don't know if this is acceptable in your field but is there any way you could just wear the shirt inside and an overcoat or outer jacket or something on the way, and then explain your situation or make up something?
>>
File: Boglioli perfection.jpg (125 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Boglioli perfection.jpg
125 KB, 640x640
>>10703020
You can't wear that as a lawyer, unless you're stationed in Hicksville or whatever. Looks more like a car salesman.
>>
>>10703488
Reminds me of the scene in my cousin vinny
>>
>>10703488
>>10703494
>>10703560
>>10704305
>>10704325

> OP here

Ended up taking the black suit.

And yes I'm somewhat in hick country. And yes, I'm starting my independent life and I've got no one to hint me at this kind of stuff.

As with anything else, it's all "learnable" and this phase means I need to start brushing up my knowledge about this kind of stuff.

Ended up going overdressed taking into account I was interviewed by the boss himself and he was wearing just regular clothes.

I've been selected and I've been scheduled for another interview next Tuesday with all the associates so even though my suit wasn't perfect I guess I left a good impression.

Thanks for the replies and help.

And yes, I will try to improve my wardrobe, but running of lean finances it's not very easy to find proper tailored pieces, especially with my body type.
>>
>>10705180
>else, it's all "learnable" and this phase means I need to start brushing up my knowledge about this kind of stuff.
>Ended up going overdressed taking into account I was interviewed by the boss himself and he was wearing just regular clothes.
>I've been selected and I've been scheduled for another interview next Tuesday with all the associates so even though my suit wasn't perfect I guess I left a good impression.
>Thanks for the replies and help.
>And yes, I will try to improve my wardrobe, but running of lean finances it's not very easy to find proper tailored pieces, especially with my body type.
You mean a disgusting fat slob? Yeah I don't think it's easy to tailor for that either.
>>
>>10705223

> OP again

lel, so edgy

kthxbye
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.