[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /fa/, /fit/ here Today was the third consecutive day I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: alpdrm.jpg (51 KB, 675x340) Image search: [Google]
alpdrm.jpg
51 KB, 675x340
hey /fa/, /fit/ here

Today was the third consecutive day I have spotted three distinct people sporting an Alpha MA-1 jacket. It's NYC, you're sure to see them of course...b-bbbut anon-kun, why are these longhaired bearded hipsters wearing a jacked that has for the past three decades been championed almost solely by one subculture; skinheads.

Hipsters appropriated Ben Sherman, Lonsdale, Fred Perry, braces from mods/skins some time ago, do you really have to go for the A1? I mean is it remotely aesthetic? Is Alpha actively advertising in shit hipster magazines? Or is it only, as I assume, to add a sprinkle of edge and danger to their wardrobe? I quit my stormfagging ways a long time ago, but I do occasionally don the nostalgia skingear when meeting with some eurobros.

Help me understand /fa/, I don't want to ask /pol/.
>>
They probably just like the way the jacket looks. Don't overthink it.
>>
Alpha Industries has heritage in the fashion world, it is always accepted

sometimes its IN to wear it, sometimes it isnt

now its very IN, so thats why you got every pleb rocking it
>>
>>10702558

The design has not changed much in over 40 years. There is nothing new there. If these cunts liked the way they looked they would of been wearing them 1-5 years ago. It's only been the last year or so that normies are wearing it profusely.
>>
>>10702574

Japs rocked MA-1's as fashion pieces some time ago, I agree. But that's about it from what I seen. Only people to wear them before this floodgate were skins, military, and working-class.
>>
Urban outfitters sells it now that's why
>>
>>10702693

That will do it. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
bomber jackets are classic either way. pretty much a staple. who cares what plebs are wearing them, dont let it taint the image of the actual jacket. It doesnt deserve to be hurt like that.
>>
>>10702740
That's what people were saying about peacoats 5 or so years ago. But I think bombers are even better looking though...
>>
>>10702761
see what youre saying but yea i dont think peacoats were on the same level as bombers in terms of stapleness. they look pretty great
>>
>>10702740

I just cringe at the thought of bumping into some hipster on the subway wearing same bomber (although mine is patched), and tipping his fedora at me. I'm a menacing potatohead E-European, most of these guys look like they sell artisanal cheese.
>>
bombers are cool

alpha industries sucks ass
>>
>>10702782
eh as long as you dont keep the red flight tag on youre good
>>
>>10702787
uhhh except alpha makes the best ones though....
>>
>>10702793

Yeah no, I got mine in '97. It's bare, beaten, and patched. No glitter, no bullshit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.