[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fa/ think of tweed sport coats?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 660x440
What does /fa/ think of tweed sport coats?
>>
>>10697492
don't
>>
>>10697503
Hey sieg, you're still around. I remember you from a while back but haven't been on /fa/ in ages.
Can I ask why not? I think it might look good with some raw denim and boots for winter...
>>
>>10697507
yeah, pretty sad huh?

i wouldn't do it man, seems really try hard

the drawbacks aren't worth the benefit

risk of looking shit and over dressed/tryhard is greater than looking great in it with denim

also the cost of a moderately decent one when you only have a very slim scenario for it planned in your head

taking up valuable space and resources in your wardrobe for very little payoff
>>
>>10697522
I was actually thinking of buying one because I am a teacher, so I need to dress business casual daily (erring to the side of casual). At the moment I'm working for a private company and visit lots I different schools so rotating just two jackets in winter is feasible. I can't think of much else to wear that would be suitable. Do you have any suggestions or alternatives?
Input much appreciated man.
>>
>>10697558
>hinking of buying one because I am a teacher
Don't aim to become a stereotype in life m8
>>
Literally Reddit: the jacket.

LOOK I DID IT GREG HAHAHAHAHA
>>
if you can rock the morrisey look then yeah
>>
>>10697492
if you are a teacher and will get significant wear out of it, go ahead
>>
>>10697558
When I was in H/S, there was this teacher, he was balding, fat, wore tropical shirts, mexican boots and a tweed jacket. Oh and also he occasionally wore a baker hat. He looked pretty rediculous to say the least
>>
File: 14096743397_MG_0247r.jpg (309 KB, 1120x1680) Image search: [Google]
14096743397_MG_0247r.jpg
309 KB, 1120x1680
the tweed jackets in Undercover's A/W 13 collection looked amazing so
>>
Fucking lovely things
If it fits you like a glove, you can layer them from the most casual possible outfit to outright formalwear.
Qts love them because they're soft and give you 50s' Action Patriarch shoulders

If it fits like shit, you'll look like an English teacher who's so far up his own ass that he quotes Proust while masturbating
>>
File: ded.jpg (99 KB, 717x510) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
99 KB, 717x510
>>10699026
>50s' Action Patriarch shoulders
>>
>>10698727
If you have any suggestions of alternative jackets that I can wear daily with and ocbd and chinos etc, feel free to put them forward
>>
>>10698976
Yeah, I'm not that worried about that. I'm 29 and athletic build, not terrible looking. I don't think I'd look like a too much of a caricature in one
>>
>>10699026
Right, obviously fit is key.
>>
>>10697492
i have a herringbone andover jacket by engineered garments and it's pretty versatile

i like feeling like an old undesirable piece of shit tho so be forewarned
>>
>>10698976
Damn that sounds like a pretty nxtlvl fit
Will teachercore be a thing?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.