[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rhinoplasty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
I know this isn't the ideal place but /adv/ is shit

I really want a nose job but wouldn't be able to handle the stigma attached, especially as a guy. I've even thought about breaking my nose on purpose as an excuse for the surgery.

I'm an 18 yr old guy in the UK if that matters. Any advice would be really appreciated.
>>
This is more than just a little annoyance for me; it makes me very self-conscious 24/7. I'm actually fairly attractive as it is and realise it shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but it simply does. I can't help it. And I honestly think this minor surgery would greatly improve my standard of life, so it seems silly not to.
>>
You need to wait a couple of years for your face to develop fully. You're still in puberty. Having a disproportionately large nose in your teens is common for some guys. The skeletal structure in your face will most likely mature and grow to match it.

Your nose is most likely at the size it always will be, but your face will probably develop more as you age. Come back in a couple of years.

In the meantime: work out as much as possible to get that testosterone going.
>>
File: 1449555062991.jpg (142 KB, 636x1235) Image search: [Google]
1449555062991.jpg
142 KB, 636x1235
lol please don't get a nose job op. beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
>>
>>10695961
I don't see how the right one is preferable to the left one. He's just a few thousand bucks poorer.

Don't be so self-conscious OP, that will improve your life much more than a nosejob.
>>
Stop being a little bitch and accept that you have a shit nose.
>>
yeah get one, that indian girl that used to post here (no tripsk, the other one) got one, she went from POO tier to would bang after she was POO less tier
>>
just seems rather vain to me
>>
Nigga went from Arab to Mediterranean
>>
>>10695991
It's not that it's large. It is just kind of bulbous at the base/tip. I definitely understand what you mean about growing into a nose but I truly don't think that is the case here.

Oh and I do workout, thank you. As I said, I'm already fairly attractive but with a good nose job I think I could be seriously attractive. The sort of attractive where you're pretty much guaranteed to be the best looking person in the room.

I understand that sounds stupidly vain but who can honestly say that isn't what they want? And if I'm only a nose job away from it?!
>>
>>10696019
I don't disagree. But a nose job is much easier than addressing and overcoming mental hang-ups rooted firmly in my psyche
>>
>>10696035
Hence why I feel weird about doing it and telling people. But I just see it as logical. Significantly improving your attractiveness can have such a profoundly positive effect on someone's life. It's not even that you ARE more attractive, it's that you FEEL more attractive. That confidence boost for a shy person like me would be absolutely life changing. Seems fucked up that social stigma should prevent me from living a happier life
>>
just do it if you want to

as long as your willing to take on board the social repercussions of your actions you can do whatever you want in life
>>
>>10696101
i posit that that is the way life is. of course social stigmas exist and are a real thing.

although there are things i don't like about myself and i would never consider cosmetic surgery to alter it, but rather live my life based around who i am, and work with it

that's just how i perceive, the matter though, you bring up some good points
>>
>>10696078
It's a crutch that will get you addicted to crutches. Worst way to live.
>>
>>10696001
this image is shit. It doesn't take hairline height and five head size into account. I have a mix between square and oblong but at the same time my hairline has always been naturally high as fuck. None of those hairstyles would work
>>
OP, you're 18. Rhinoplasty is expensive as hell for a good job and if you fuck shit up, you'll never ever be happy with it again and you'll probably never be able to get a proper nose.

Myself, I have a Jewish nose, a fivehead and a receded chin. I look like shit. I'll fix the chin and the fivehead, since those are quite minor and cheaper, but that's only when I can afford it.
>>
>>10696150
its one of the easiest and hardest to fuck up plastic surgerys actually
>>
>>10696150
The Money isn't an issue and I would never get it if I thought there was a risk of them fucking up. Luckily I doubt it's likely as I basically just want the base/tip thinning, nothing too drastic that would require a big change/rearrangement.

I don't understand your point about you not looking great to start off with. Are you suggesting because I already look ok, having anything done would be less worthwhile? I don't see why going from 4/10 to 5/10 should have any more worth than going from 7/10 to 8/10
>>
>>10696254
That money would be better spent on getting some psychiatric help. You need it badly.
>>
>>10697345
I want a minor operation that could significantly improve my confidence, appearance and general standard of life, and that makes me mentally ill? If you ask me, you thinking that is absurd is closer to mental illness
>>
>>10697389
the fact you need a nose job to increase your confidence really doesn't speak well of your mental state. lets say you get it done. all you are is the same chump but in diff "clothing". anyone who is truly confident will see through you. You'll become more vain but not confident.
>>
>>10697435
I think you're analysing it way too much. Who wouldn't get a confidence boost from looking better? And who wouldn't want a confidence boost? It's really quite simple.

I starting making more of an effort with my general appearance a couple of years ago and became more confident. Does that also make me vain?
>>
File: 05[1].jpg (37 KB, 680x286) Image search: [Google]
05[1].jpg
37 KB, 680x286
big noses are top tier

>tfw no bf with a sculpted schnoz
>>
File: gfgfgfgfgfgf.jpg (155 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gfgfgfgfgfgf.jpg
155 KB, 800x600
>>10695961
do et fagget
>>
>>10695961
Pic of fucked up nose.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 525x693) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 525x693
I dont have money
>>
>>10697823
yes it does. you're entirely vain. And if you want to be more vain, then go for it. just don't call it confidence when its not.

and no, i wouldn't get a confidence boost
>>
How much would a new chin cost? What about fixing eyelids?
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>10698229

>I dont have money
>>
File: taby.jpg (153 KB, 1000x688) Image search: [Google]
taby.jpg
153 KB, 1000x688
>>10698281
>Hey guys look how anti-semite i am
>>
>>10697823
There's only one real way to see if you really need surgery done.

Post a pic of yourself.
>>
>>10697389
Make up your mind OP
Either it's only a minor impriovement, in which case you're just a faggot fixated on it and the incredible benefits you think it'll bring.
Or it's a major improvement, In which case you're an ugly piece of shit.
It may or may not increase your confidence, it won't do jack to your standard of life. As people have said, it's too early to tell, And you're obviously too young and shallow to understand what the hell is going on.
>>
there is no stigma attached if your friends treat you like shit about it get new friends its that simple.
>>
File: 6jejae.jpg (43 KB, 431x640) Image search: [Google]
6jejae.jpg
43 KB, 431x640
>>10698247
yeah man! let's call out others on being vain in a place dedicated to fashion and looks
>>
>>10695961
PS threads never really go anywhere here cause the majority have no idea what they're talking about and have done 0 research, let alone actually got something done.

How long have you thought about it, if it's a more recent thought give it a year or two and then see how you feel.
>>
>>10696058
You will never be better an a 7 with the nose job, try getting some self confidence before going to getting surgery. You will probably just get the Beverly hills girls syndrome where nothing is every enough
>>
>>10698247
So literally any effort to improve the way the world sees you is vanity?
>>
File: IMG_20151210_074812.jpg (57 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151210_074812.jpg
57 KB, 480x640
>>10698315
>>10698201
>>
I think about getting a nose job in the future but a lot of people like nose as well shit sucks
>>
>>10700415
We'll need to see different angles, judging from the front view alone there's nothing wrong with your nose and you're just being mental.
>>
come to terms with your first world problems already, op.
>>
>>10697435
also this
>>
>>10700415
JEJ as expected it's just you being insane over fucking nothing.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.