[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get rid of my acne? I've been using the tips from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1449527365949.jpg (107 KB, 1040x1055) Image search: [Google]
1449527365949.jpg
107 KB, 1040x1055
How do I get rid of my acne? I've been using the tips from the sticky like benzoyl peroxide and salycic acid pads but it won't go away. I'll wake up with a new pimple or some shit it's gross. Any recommendations for what works for you guys? Is Paula's choice any good?
>>
Look at /r/skincareaddiction 's wiki. they're specialized in this shit, /fa/ is not.

personally i went on birth control and now my skin is gorgeous :^)
>>
kill yourself and decompose
>>
>>10695501
No faggot
>>
Wash your pillow case frequently. Drink more water.
>>
take biotin and a multivitamin EVERY DAY. Be consistent. Aim to drink a gallon of water every day, never be thirsty. I usually shave and cleanse my face in the morning then don't touch/wash it again until at night unless I sweat/work out.
>>
File: 1432940489056.jpg (26 KB, 209x240) Image search: [Google]
1432940489056.jpg
26 KB, 209x240
PC anti-acne products are based on SA and BP, so you're most likely out of luck

when salicylic acid & benzoyl peroxide fails

see a derm
>>
>>10695331
Go see a dermatologist.
>>
>>10695331
Skin takes 27 days to regenerate. Just keep on doing the BP and salicylic acid and patiently wait
>>
>>10695331
i finally figured out why my skin was getting so triggered during summer despite me having clear skin the rest of the year. it was from drinking sugary coffee and tea all day. that stuff will literally make you a grease bucket if you combine it with hot weather. you feel it secreting from your pores like 5 minutes after

its pretty hot right now and im sitting without even the slightest oiliness to me. never been this comfy in the heat before
>>
CeraV facial cleanser and moisturizer. Make sure the moisturizer has sunblock in it. Also, wash your pillow cases and sleep on a clean one nightly, or at least every other night.
>>
>>10695331
>benzoyl peroxide and salycic
Lmao, someone really use this shit to burn their skin? Kek, I thought Its meme, or joke. Its pretty damn bad for you skincare, moron. Mostly only cheap cleaner got this.
>>
>>10697848
I'm a poorfag desu senpai
>>
>>10697888
Strangely I had bad acne for a long time and tried a lot of things to fix it, what ended up working was not shampooing and using conditioner more. I think people wash too much and dry out their skin, and the acne gets worse so wee keep washing and it gets even drier. Try it, it helped a friend of mine too.
>>
>>10697888
2 bad s0 sad day-sue sandpie, u gotta see a pro
>>
OP there are many many resources on the internet, you should be able to find something. fighting acne is a methodological process undertaken over time.

you could always visit a dermatologist, but it's a waste of money, desu

the best thing to do is research and find a good system that works for you. many many resources online.
>>
>>10697992
This, I don't wash my hair (Google NoPoo) and my skin is clear whereas when I did use shampoo, my skin was red bumpy and gross
>>
jesus christ
this thread

in escalating order of effectiveness (+ side effects + cost + how hard to get a hold of) - acne treatments:

pH balanced cleansers

salicylic acid / aha treatment

benzoyl peroxide

azelaic acid

~~~ approximately where you will need to go to a derm to get prescriptions ~~~

[various combinations of benzoyl peroxide, topics antibiotics, topical steroids]

oral contraceptives (women)

phototherapy

oral (systemic) antibiotics

systemic retinoids (specifically: isotretinoin/accutane)

---

and that is why you need to see a derm, OP, or wait it out until your hormone levels doesn't make your sebaceous glands hyperactive anymore (years).

acne is a skin disease.
skin diseases are treated primarily by dermatologists.

disregard most (but not all) of the other information in this thread. I wrote the skincare FAQ because the vast majority of advice here is uneducated speculation.

if you want to go beyond skincare, then dietary factors have been shown to play a role. more about that in the FAQ.
>>
>>10695331
use a comedone extractor
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.