[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sunglasses help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 2048x1536
Phone deleted the OP I had types out so now you get the short version

Need shades because eyes are sensitive to light to the point that I am squint mode on bright days, doctor says they are healthy just sensitive

Need shades, never bought them before, don't know or care about fashion. Want something reliable; I only want to buy shades once.

Local shades store is $50 off 200 or more bit also has cheaper stuff. Is $120 a solid price for shades that will last 40+ years?
>>
Okay then. I just called someone and they said don't spend more than $30 on shades so with no response here I'll go with that lol.
>>
>>10691192
There was a thread the other day with a video that explained how a fuckton of brands, especially well known and popular ones, are owned by one company that sets the prices however they see fit.

Which is why some pairs can be expensive as fuck. You might want to look at microbrands that make good quality glasses and don't cost nearly as much as the bigger brands. 30$ seems awfully low to me, the shades aren't here just to look cool and they also need to actually protect your eyes. And that comes at a certain price.

I've been looking at Jimmy Fairly, Sungod and 9Five for glasses, theyve got classic looking models but much cheaper than most ray bans (since they're usually "copies" of raybans)
>>
Get some Mile Highs from Knockaround, had mine for a year now and are still pretty great for less than 40 usd
>>
Anything without luxottica lenses

>>10691380
Don't cheap out on eye protection, shit will do more harm than good
>>
>>10693814

>>10692026

Oh, they meant for Ray-Bans.

They're these kinda-sorta penny-pinching rich folk with like 10+ million in stock assets but will lurk around finding a deal on a purchase for months.

They said just "wait until there's an 80% off sale". Do those even happen? I don't live near them so I don't know where they shop.
>>
>>10692026
I'm down with the Sungod classics or Mavericks

I do have a question about payment, though. Do they just convert from pounds to USD before charging?
>>
File: Snapchat-8668076987374618392.jpg (425 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8668076987374618392.jpg
425 KB, 1080x1920
Fugg, i dig the shape of the Ray ban round metal but refuse to pay a shitload for them. Especially since most stores here only have the polarized ones.

Already looking gay enough, the color isn't doing me any favour either.
>>
Do Foster Grant sunglasses actually protect the eyes or should I throw mine out before I go blind?
>>
>>10695661
Die Brille steht dir nicht, Bruder, hol dir eine die zu deiner Kopfform passt.
>>
Assuming you don't need a prescription you should go with polarized glass, preferably with a mirror coating. Check to make sure the lenses block 100% of uva/b light
>>
>>10695756
I'm heavily considering shooting on the Sungod custom Classics or Mavericks with the blue mirror lens (polarized)
>>
DONT YOU FUCKING DARE BUY LUXOTTIKEK
>>
>>10697229
The hell are those?
The things in the OP?
I literally just searched sunglasses to have an image with my post.
>>
>>10697234
luxottica. The big bad evil corporation that controls everything and are cunts.
Plus they're run by a bunch of jews, quality shit too
>>
File: le_eyecandy_main_2.png (262 KB, 1060x451) Image search: [Google]
le_eyecandy_main_2.png
262 KB, 1060x451
>>10697237
Oh, damn, they own literally every brand carried at the local sunglasses hut lol.

http://www.sungod.co/shop/limited-edition/eyecandy

This is what I was interested in. Or a blue variant.
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 348x131) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 348x131
>>
Who here has any experience with Sun Buddies? They're on sale for 40% off last time I checked, are they worth it?
>>
>>10691192
>Is $120 a solid price for shades that will last 40+ years?

that's pretty unrealistic

with the average polarized poly carb lens equipped sunglasses expect 2 years of use.

consider yourself lucky with 3-5 years of use.

it's pretty much why you see thrift stores filled with sunglasses from 5 years ago, mostly oakley and maui jims

god those were ugly
>>
>>10697406
Ah. See, I have no idea.
I never really got sunglasses short of the $10 pairs that make your eyes water like someone shot your puppy in front of you.

I think I'm going to settle for the Sungods. I might get the pink Eye Candy ones because cheapest atm and just swap out lenses further down the road. I don't mind wearing such a nice pink.
>>
American Optical Original Pilot.
Made in the USA
Distortion free optical glass lenses
98% UVA/100% UVB protection.
can easily be found for $50.
>>
File: gruis02_1.jpg (59 KB, 800x512) Image search: [Google]
gruis02_1.jpg
59 KB, 800x512
>>10698309
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.