[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to New York in a month, which stores should I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
I'm going to New York in a month, which stores should I go to? I'm on a fairly limited budget, probably willing to spend around $1500.
>>
>>10679587
Anal rampage
>>
>>10679587
>fairly limited budget
>willing to spend around $1500

rope to hang yourself with.
>>
>>10679587
you can go to the rick store and buy yourself half a coat
>>
>>10679587
those pants on the right are so sick
>>
>>10679587
ask daddy since he's the one going to pay for it.
>>
>>10679587
Hey Dannel I didn't know you use this board. Its me Diego.
>>
hit up tokyo 7 for some third-hand designer pieces
dover street market is fun to look at
totokaelo opened a few months ago
if boutique is great
momofuku is overrated but minca and its sister restaurant are pretty tasty
>>
>>10680882
Thanks for actually replying. I'm willing to spend that much because i have nothing in it except jeans shorts and t-shirts. I just graduated and I need to build up a wardrobe, I dont want to wear jeans the rest of my life
>>
>10679879
I have a job.

>10679662
Thx for the advice!
>>
>>10679587
Whoa, 1.5k in Nyc can be gone with little to nothing. Disappointment always ensues :^)
>>
>>10680927
in that case, you should prioritize your basics to build your wardrobe around

luckly in soho, uniqlo topman zara and ben sherman are all in walking distance from each other

heavily advise against buying big pieces until you're more comfortable/confident for deciding yourself unless you have $$$$$ and dont mind one or three buyer's remorse
>>
>>10680927
>>10680968
oh but second-hand stuff is still ok so try tokyo 7 or buffalo exchange

odin nyc is also really good for menswear but ya it's $$$
>>
>>10680882
>>hit up tokyo 7 for some third-hand designer pieces
Im interested in this, what kind of pieces would one find there and price ranges if you know senpai
>>
>>10679670
underrated post
>>
buy a ticket to an actual /fa/ city instead
>>
>>10683480
i bet u've never been into nyc
or went once with your family, visited times square and the top of the rock
lel
>>
>>10680974

Look up Yelp reviews, they cover it pretty well. You're going to find well-known designer names for probably ~70% off what it was worth new.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.png (384 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.png
384 KB, 640x480
i imagine you would have to go to like underground thrift shops throughout queens and brooklyn
>>
File: Jewish NYPD.jpg (118 KB, 1600x1063) Image search: [Google]
Jewish NYPD.jpg
118 KB, 1600x1063
>>
>>10683480
Nice b8
>>
go to kinokunya and buy jp fashion magazines

come back in 6 months with more $
>>
>>10680882
this , as a resident of nyc i support this post,
also /thread
>>
>>10684107
kek, i am in agreement

tokio 7 (not tokyo 7) is a good place to start, if you hunt a little in the back section you can find good coats and pants for a reasonable price.
toto is good, DSM is good, but you're gonna be paying retail for the most part

just go hunt random thrifts and places like "ladies and gentlemen" (expensive as shit but really cool just to go in and check out) in LES/East Village. you'll find some cool stuff
>>
>>10679587
Barneys, Bergdorf, DSM, Kith, amoung others. Check out the city guide on Superfuture for a more detailed breakdown.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.