[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I buy clothes to unlock this mode? I come from a wealthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (329 KB, 995x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329 KB, 995x1000
Where do I buy clothes to unlock this mode? I come from a wealthy family so I should be able to pull it off.
>>
ralph lauren
barbour
gant rugger
>>
>a catholic trying too hard to be a wasp

Kek
>>
>>10665765
If that's true then why don't you already know
>>
>>10665770
Because my family is obsessed with being modest. We're the most Swedish family in existence and despite being rich as fuck almost everyone dresses in H&M and hipster brand clothing. I have parts of the family where people have embraced this style, but I don't know them all too well.
>>
>>10665787
No matter what you wear, it will look 10x better on a boat
>>
>>10665768
more brands pls big guy, preferably less mainstream
>>
>>10665881
Paul&Shark
>>
>>10665765
just wear a bunch of thom browne, burberry prorsum, and apc
>>
>>10665787
Honestly, just keep doing what you're doing. The great irony is that Wealthcore is only bought by low class super-plebs, and upper class people just want to blend in.

If you want to do East Coast WASP:
-Polo shirts. any brand. no logo is best logo.
-khakis
-keep it casual, even when you "dress up." don't ever look too put together.
-Layer everything. Your wardrobe should be able to take you from the beach to the office to a 3 star restaurant all in one day.
>>
>>10665974
That's actually kind of how I already dress. Thing is, I need some brand names here so I know where I go when I go shopping next.
>>
>>10666009
Anything of quality will do. The brands change over time because they all inevitably cut costs save money. Right now I like Sunspel the best. Brooks Brothers is pretty mainstream, and you have to watch what label you're shopping, but they still have some good stuff.
>>
desu senpai im kinda wondering the same as OP. but im looking for a bit more military inspired if that makes any sense.... thoughts? where do i start?
>>
>>10666009
Brooks Brothers is the place you're looking for.

Obviously the retail stores, don't you dare step foot on the factory stores.
>>
>>10665974
Also avoid man-made materials lie the plague. The two exceptions being grosgrain watchbands and belts, and maybe patagonia fleece.
>>
bumping cus I'm going to bed to be honest
when I come back I want at least 10 replies. Okay? Thanks brehs
>>
move to hyanisport and just get into it
>>
File: 1446851494839.jpg (535 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
1446851494839.jpg
535 KB, 1280x1810
>>10665881
Vineyard Vines, Traditional Weatherwear, LL Bean, Patagonia etc
>>
>>10665881
O'Connell's
J.Press
Alden
Scottish knitwear brands
>>
>>10665881
brooks brothers
Bass
>>
>>10665765

>not wearing shoes on a boat

Triggered
>>
bumping for interest
>>
>>10668288
check out the book Take Ivy
>>
>>10665765
If you come from wealth then you already have the largest part of the look set. That is because most of this isn't the fit but the general demeanor and attitude you take towards life. Education is also a big part of it. If you aren't very well educated you are going to miss a lot of the conversation because they'll talk about some obscure legal precedent that allowed them to do something somewhere.

The fits are generally simple, no obnoxious colors, nothing too loose or too tight, etc and the brands recommended in this thread are basically all you need. DO NOT FALL FOR THE BRIGHT SHORTS IN SUMMER. That is explicitly frat core and you get laughed right out of the sailing club. In Fall and Spring Barbour coats are ideal outerwear with either a good vest or sweater underneath. Buy clothes that are meant to last forever, do not waste your money on cheap items when there are considerably more durable alternatives out there. Quality will always be better than quantity.

Lastly: The number one thing to having a fit work is just being naturally good looking. As is the case with everything in fashion. If you are ugly or fat then it is just never going to work.
>>
helly hansen
nils sundstrom

you're asking for typical yachting clothes
>>
>>10665765
where to cop jacket like kennedy on the right?
>>
>>10669360
bump
>>
>>10665765
Dadcore
>>
>>10667180
>Bass

I second this. Their sweaters are the sex.
>>
Not gonna let this slide

Looking for some more cheaper brands, like gant
Also>>10669360
>>
>>10665974
>no logo is best logo
A little Lacoste or Polo RL monogram goes a long way
>>
>>10665881
If you are truly wealthy enough to dress like this, you should be able to afford Loro Piana
>>
>>10665974
My wealthy east coast family all wear name brand, quality clothes but they wear everything for 20 years and only buy new stuff for Christmas or if something is worn out. Everything fits nice and is timeless.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.