[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm totally uneducated when it comes to fashion so I come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: wtf.jpg (80 KB, 770x1026) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
80 KB, 770x1026
I'm totally uneducated when it comes to fashion so I come here with a question.

Do people genuinely dress like this day to day? I never see anyone out in the street dressed like this and to me it looks awful. Is this just me being retarded with no fashion sense, or do people just say this stuff is cool on the internet to look like they're into designers?
>>
>>10657782
>I never see anyone out in the street dressed like this
Precisely why I believe that things like goth ninja and Rick Owens are just memes that people buy to have in their closet. I live in one of Europes biggest cities and have travels all major western cities on the planet and never actually seen anyone wear these sort of clothes.
>>
>>10657782
Without a shadow of a doubt there are people who say it looks cool just to be edgy and think they know what they're talking about.

Generally depending where you live, you might not see anyone wearing rick ever. But if you live in a pretty major fashion forward city it really isn't as rare as you think, even the most outlandish garments.

What you've linked is pretty extreme rick, and alot of people who are into rick would think it's a bit much for them. You can wear rick without wearing skirted or drop crotched stuff if that's not your thing.

I'm personally not a fan of skirted stuff but I like the drop crotch look so it tends to be my go to comfy fit
>>
>>10657782
Where is nahk
>>
>>10657782
You're just not with the right crowd anon.
>>
>>10657787
you dont see it because most people cant afford it
>>
>>10657828
By that logic I would constantly see Prada bags and utterly overpriced accessories. A person wearing either would stand out, yet I never saw them. And I live in a city where this style would even somewhat fit it.
>>
OP here thanks for the responses.

I am pretty surprised to hear some people do wear the stuff like in the picture out and about, but good on them if they like it I guess.

>>10657798
As for the drop crotch look I think that's quite cool in some cases actually, although it's not something I've ever tried out or think I could pull off really
>>
i live in nyc and this is fairly common so no one really bats an eye

my 2c: some people like to dress like this. put the same outfit on someone who likes it vs someone whos following trends and you really cant tell who's being genuine or not purely by surface value. its best not to be judgmental
>>
>>10657787
When I'm in major cities I'll usually see one or two people in goofninja drapey black shit, but I have yet to see any really odd pieces.
>>
>>10657833
not necessarily
brands like prada are "signs of wealth"
tricky ricky fits are not signs of wealth
they just cost a lot
>>
>>10657855
Still, when I visit Darklands (which is selling most of the so called goth ninja brands) no one there actually dresses like this. And I explicitly visit that store for the memes. Never bought a single piece.
>>
>>10657861
at the end of the day tricky ricky is a niche
and the only people who actually have tricky ricky probably are at home or youre a rick repellent
>>
>>10657782
a very small portion of the market is the target for these clothes
a very small portion of these consumers can actually look good in said clothes
the majority of these consumers experience buyer's remorse and either leave it in their closet, or try to sell it online/to consignment stores
>>
>>10657875
yeah that makes sense
>>
>>10657782
This guy comes to my job sometimes to get food. Nice dude
>>
>>10657787
I live in Paris and i see rick worn all the time. Fashion is about context.
>>
>>10657932
where do you work? what does he order?
>>
>>10658282
fish fillet
>>
I see people in Covent Garden wearing Rick and Raf quite a lot
>>
Yes, people dress like this in Stockholm and Paris.

100% srs
>>
>>10658510
I S I S
S
I
S
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.