[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Winter Jacket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 2908_chestnut_l.jpg (23 KB, 332x483) Image search: [Google]
2908_chestnut_l.jpg
23 KB, 332x483
Hi I'm looking for winter jacket. Something for snow and -10C to -20C weather... not the parka/artyc/goose type jackets though.

I really like pic related type jackets, but they're not recommended, not sure why. They look pretty nice.

I'm not even sure what it's called/style... have only seen them at Danier leather too. Read somewhere that they arent too great quality at Danier; the color discolors or something, is that true? Alternatives?
>>
Only fatties wear jackets at -20C. I begin wearing coats at 0C.
>>
thots?
>>
gonna sleep will check tomorrow
>>
thoughtaroos?
>>
File: 1346366359978.jpg (25 KB, 306x579) Image search: [Google]
1346366359978.jpg
25 KB, 306x579
i guess everyone too busy replying to cheek bone shape threads.
>>
look up landing leathers, they sometimes sell flight jackets on amazon, good quality but you should size down
>>
>>10648848
thanks bro, yeah looks like they have very similar styles.

any particular landing leather one you'd recommend? Just read a few amazon reviews, and while favourable, they say it's not the goatskin leather they claim and a different feel instead. I don't really care what type of leather it is, I just don't want the jacket to wear out quickly or be shitty.

thanks though, had never heard of this company before.
>>
i have a g1, but it was pretty big so i had to shrink it myself, would recommend getting an A-2 if you want a slimmer fit (you should prob still size down) because of the lack of side vents
>>
Unless you put a good protectant on it, snow will fuck up a leather jacket.
>>
anyone else wanna chime in?

i got a good protector to put on leather, plus it doesn't crazy snow in toronto as much as it used to, and if it does, i got a car so its not like im trekking 10km+
>>
check out the Leather Parajumpers
>>
>>10649490
>Leather Parajumpers
yeah these look sick too. any brand/site you can recommend? first hit on google is pretty great but its an italian site for a $4k-$5k jacket lol.

something affordable but good quality
>>
lumpity
>>
parajumpers are great but cant be shelling out crazy $$

anyone heard of Williams Leather? Considering ordering online since they got a black friday sale, though sizing seems all over the place.
>>
>>10646870
thats an Aviator or Bomber jacket. I've just snagged what would have been a £400 sheepskin Aviator jacket for £85.

Warm af
>>
>>10648947
How do you shrink it?
>>
>>10650930
from where?

I found a $700 jacket on sale for $180 but it's online, fuck so tempted to just pull the trigger, but the damn reviews are so inconsistent, some say good fit others say too big.

ughhhh "5'8 here, bought a medium fit perfectly" followed by "6' here, bought a small and it's still slightly loose and long". wtf kind of sizing is that
>>
>>10650930
forgot to add, what do you do to take care of the fur skin at the collar like in the OP?

for leather I use protector, but not sure about the fur/sheepskin collar, and that tends to get decoloured/stained/worse in quality before the jacket.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.