[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the bass guitar the /fa/est instrument?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Is the bass guitar the /fa/est instrument?
>>
>>10639208
for sure
>>
>>10639208
No, it's too easy and is for people who aren't good enough to get into a band playing guitar.
>>
>>10639208
In terms of rock instruments, definitely

>>10639314
found the guitar player
>>
>>10639314
excellent metaphor for the fuccbois of /fa/
>>
File: Hammond-B3_with_leslie.jpg (183 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hammond-B3_with_leslie.jpg
183 KB, 1600x1200
>>10639324
no, the most /fa/ rock instruments are the Hammond organ and the Moog synthesizer.

Nothing comes close.

In fact, those are some of the most /fa/ instruments of all time.
>>
>>10639208

If you're really good at it then yes

otherwise it's kek class

Rhythm guitar and singing most /fa/
Lead guitar if you're versatile
Synth/Pads if you're pivotal
Drums if you have style while playing
>>
>>10639332
I kind of meant in the conventional 4 piece sense, but those are deffay effay. I'd put the Mellotron among those.

What about classical?
>>
>>10639368
>conventional 4 piece sense
I think guitar/bass/keyboards/drums is just as conventional as guitar/guitar/bass/drums.

Oh yeah, mellotron is top-tier.
>>
File: mandolin.jpg (25 KB, 700x274) Image search: [Google]
mandolin.jpg
25 KB, 700x274
mandolin is most /fa/
>>
>>10639418
he meant like actual music, not that contrived faggy ancient irrelevant dad rock shit you like you fedorable little CU CK. fuck off back to your shed faggot
>>
Bass players are keks
>>
File: marleenee.png (698 KB, 602x601) Image search: [Google]
marleenee.png
698 KB, 602x601
>>10639208
I play bass in a band but I also attribute by playing keyboards. (pic related)
>>
>>10639435
goes perfect with a pair of toms and a fringe vest
>>
bass is a supplementary instrument and isnt even real

source: me doing some bass parts on a song im working while i browse 4chan right this second
>>
>>10639444

you meant to say "contribute"
>>
Any guitar or conventional instrument fags here wish they had some classical background?

Like sure I've been playing guitar for 10 years
No I'm not classically trained

But damn do I wish I knew like Cello or Violin or Harp or something else
Would feel so good to bust that out every now and then
>>
>>10639442
relax bud take ur meds
>>10639470
yeah honestly, i won't write a diary entry but violin was my first instrument that i learned but i haven't played it since my instructor passed when i was lil
>>
>>10639475
sorry for typing this like a mad cunt lmao what are grammar
>>
>>10639451

>bass is supplementary

bass can easily act as a primary instrument:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xfG-dJFbxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euhpAyy5sXY
>>
>>10639467
Correct. Attribute is more like causing a failure.
>>
How do I learn to play a bass with finger-picking and chords so I can use it for harmonic solo stuff?
>>
>>10639502
jazz bass my man
>>
>>10639508
really? because I actually bought a fender jazz (left-handed)

I want to use this thing to play stuff that makes people go 'whoa. that's a BASS guitar?'
>>
>>10639451
It maybe a secondary instrument but I think that disputing it's existence is hugely under rating the instrument's presence. Way I see it is an instrument that is a instrument for me just to put across the musical ideas that I have in my head. It's just a means to an end for me anyway.
>>
>>10639514
jazz theory, jazz technique, jazz style. solo bass is a monster of its own
>>
>>10639514
Get a looper, play chords on the bass and then play a solo over the recorded chord changes.
>>
>>10639442
>keyboards are used only in dad rock
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Keyboards are just as prevalent in rock as they always were.
>>
>>10639522

It's literally a primary instrument. No song without the rhythm section.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.