[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to be effay, too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1447283022211.jpg (28 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1447283022211.jpg
28 KB, 510x346
So, I've spent a few months lurking this place, watching people call each other "dadcore" and "tryhard" and all kinds of rhings, paying particular attention to what, exactly, is and isn't acceptable around here. I read the guides on Tuxbell multiple times, researched a bunch of brands and styles, and I'm still not exactly sure what's "good" and what isn't.

I'm tempted to go with the philosophy of "just wear whatever makes you happy", but then I'd get laughed out of here with my Levi jeans, wouldn't I? I don't know the first thing about brands or fabrics, I'm completely flying by the seat of my pants.

So I ask you and I beg you to take me seriously: What are the unspoken rules of /fa/ fashion? What are the basics, where can I start? And please don't direct me to that Tuxbell place all over again.

I also have a normal people budget and I can't afford to spend $800 on one garment. I'd say I have about $300 free right now, maybe $500 in a couple months' time if I'm really pushing it. I'm willing to buy pricier stuff if it'll last, but I don't want to blow my budget on one item, either.

Also, I'm 20 y/o and female. Yes, girls use this board too
>>
Bumping this for answers. I'm also a girl and there seems to be no good guidelines for us. /r/femalefashionadvice is stuffed with basic bitches and all the cute korean inspo posted in female threads are for 5'0" womanlets.
>>
just wear what looks good on you and fits

/fa/ is good for getting a general idea, dont seek its approval or something lol
>>
File: 1448066883305.png (94 KB, 1280x985) Image search: [Google]
1448066883305.png
94 KB, 1280x985
Memorize all of this, then go to goodwill and be lucky.
>>
>>10632684
it was going so good till you had to say "im a female and yes girls use this board"
>>
Don't try this wear what makes you happy shit. You can only do that after you "suffered" trying to look good. You can only do that when you went out with a fit that some time later you can't understand why you did that. Once you reach this level of comprehension, you can try the happiness stuff. Copy people that look good for you and people say it's good. Try it out. Copy, copy, copy. You can't wrong with copying, you will never have a fully developed fashion sense without copying first.
>>
>>10632684
people wear Levi's on here all the time and get complimented nonstop

"W2C PANTS" "I NEED THOSE JEANS" 9 times out of 10 they are Levi's 510s or 511s. any other time they are april 77 or acne
>>
>>10632733
Women wear different clothes than men. Kill yourself, your family won't miss such a fucking retard.
>>
>>10632703
>>10632684
H-hey, punk here (and also an outside cooking appliance that begins with the letter g)

The best words of consolation I can refer you to are those of Stockholm: >>10615296 . tl;dr though, wear what fits your sense of fashion. Don't be afraid to be yourself. And don't listen to >>10632735 , they're missing the point of fashion in the first place
>>
Ok it's relatively simple so read up.

"Just wear what's comfortable" is a mindset that promotes solid general appearance. Wearing a style that comes naturally is just the easy way to avoid your clothes wearing you.

With that in mind, branching out takes two things, a willingness to experiment and an acceptance that style development takes time. This is tackled simply by going out and buying things that catch your fancy, whether it be thrift shops, second hand stores or straight retail. The more you try and experiment with, the more refined your tastes will become to your own personal style. It's really that easy, keeping a focussed mind on 'why' exactly certain things appeal will help build an understanding of what clothes mean to you.
>>
>>10632845

As far as 'basics' are concerned, just follow trend. Not streetwear, but just mimicking the styles of the time e.g: jeans, sneakers, military jackets, and using it as a baseline. No expression involved, but it gives an impression of well-dressedness for very low effort. This is why so many brands like Acne, Our legacy, APC, Ervell, have all had huge success in online circles, easy to recommend and with a feeling of luxury, while still maintaining an understated look of 'normal' clothes. (Don't spend much money on these unless looking normal is as far as you need fashion to go.)
>>
>>10632848

What if I don't want to look "normal"? What if I want to feel special?
>>
>>10632848

also, what fashion styles are different but still "cool"?
>>
>>10632761
lol oh my god
>>
File: 4L_VpjaBUHF.jpg (342 KB, 1334x694) Image search: [Google]
4L_VpjaBUHF.jpg
342 KB, 1334x694
>>10632761
>>
First thing first, even if you're normie af you have to things called taste, and a personality. They are not dependant of fashion, but your style will suit you better if it reflects it.
Then, there is a gap between what you like and what you wanna wear (I like nature but hate myself in pastel/coloured clothes, I like post-rock aesthetic so I like flowy, comfy dark outfits etc). That might just take a while, but it's ok, you have time anyway.
Figure out what suits you cut wise, here the sticky can and will help, but you also have eyes you know.
After your basics are done, you can look online and in magazine for fashion inspo, and after a while start to buy second hand high fashion.
As for grooming a bit of makeup can help, get a good haircut and be clean
There's literally no difference between guy and grill for basic advices (and yeah, some guys would benefit from bb cream t.bh)
Now stop seeking attention cause you're a grill on the internet by acting like a retard. I'm your age and a grill too, this shit is cringy af
>>
File: 1445121912325.png (69 KB, 734x793) Image search: [Google]
1445121912325.png
69 KB, 734x793
>>
>>10632684
>and I'm still not exactly sure what's "good" and what isn't.

/FA/ HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE ANSWER TO THIS IS

SOMETIMES IF YOU POST SOMETHING DOPE THEY GET IT BUT USUALLY THEY DON'T
>>
>>10632761
YES
>>
>>10633374

Thank you for your advice, up until the last bit.
>>
>>10632719

Totally using this as a reference next time I go shopping. Thanks a bunch anon
>>
>>10632719
this is fucking dogshit
>>
>>10633599
don't, idiot
>prada
>shit tier
>>
>>10633599
its b8 m8
>>
>>10633599
its a pretty bad list. The dude who made it obviously can't afford to buy high fashion clothing and is extremely bitter about it.
>>
>>10633082
Anthropometry such as that in your picture has literally been proven to have a varied methodology, and such data can always be skewed to fit someone's message

It is even discussed here: http://faculty.washington.edu/lynnhank/wbgould.pdf . Anthropometry has been thoroughly discredited and you should be ashamed for propagating lies about women
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.