[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey anons, my son is asking for a designer belt for christmas;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: drakehermesbelt.jpg (59 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
drakehermesbelt.jpg
59 KB, 399x600
Hey anons, my son is asking for a designer belt for christmas; should I really give my 15 year old a belt worth 350+? also general belt thread
>>
>>10632362
Dumb. Don't do it. Get him a sense of style instead
>>
>>10632362
Shiiiii... what are you doing here grandpa
>>
buy it then beat him with it. teach that little fuck money doesn't grow on trees
>>
>>10632362
depends on the belt, but by and large, no. they're usually either overpriced and boring or ugly and or are entirely dependant on having a big ugly logo buckle. Get a regular but good quality belt, and maybe something else designer that they won't grow out of (but not something by an obvious mallcore designer like Hugo Boss, DKNY, hermes [for belts], paul smith, reiss, etc.)
>>
What do you guys think about Gucci belts? Not the ones with an interlocking g

Also Tom Ford belts. Is the t too much?
>>
Designer belts are some of the biggest rip offs in the fashion industry. Get your son something more interesting or more timeless but never a designer belt.
>>
no, never do use this shit unless you want to be ironic about it.

a real young person won't be able to pull it off. i'm 20 and i have a hermes belt but it's really hard to use this shit.
>>
only if its goyard, everything else is shit
>>
>>10632362
>should I really give my 15 year old a belt worth 350+?
No.

I suspect what he wants is some ostentatious gaudy thing that looks like what Drake is wearing in your photo, which is already kinda pushing it, but: he's 15, he's gonna grow a lot and very fast, and that belt will cease to fit him if he has a growth spurt. Designer belts are only investments to the extent that (1) they will continue to fit you, at least within some sort of tolerance and (2) they aren't some faddish bullshit that'll become silly a year from now.

If he wants it, make him do what my parents made me do: go out in the hot-ass/cold-ass weather and do manual labor to save up for his dumb purchases. I wasted my hard-earned money purchasing dumb shit like a Gamecube, he can waste money on a designer belt.
>>
>>10632376
this desu senpai
>>
>>10632833
>dumb shit
>gamecube
Now, now...
>>
>>10632376
Only real answer
>>
>>10632833
>responding seriously to this post

>gamecube
>dumb
>>
go to your local high-end store and select a nice $100 range belt. Ask your son to work with you and select a more reasonable designer piece that you can buy them and let them wear for years to come. Wearing a designer belt when they don't have a full wardrobe to support it is absurd and wasteful.

>>10632833
the gamecube is one of the most positive experiences of my life.
>>
>>10632362
>coming to 4chan for parenting advice

eventually the userbase here will have enough people with kids for its own board.
>>
>>10632375
reminder that if you are under 25 you objectively are not effay and not welcome here
>>
>>10634144
NO . . .
>>
>>10634110
Hey guys, Moot here to announce our brand new board, Parental Advice!
>>>/pa/

>tfw Moot will never make announcements again
>>
>>10633609
designer belts are like high school rings/varsity jackets. they are really cool until someone calls you a faggot
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.