[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fa/ Music - Music to Match an /fa/ Lifestyle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: so what.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
so what.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>subject

What music do you listen to, /fa/? I know this may seem inappropriate for /fa/, but in all honesty, I feel /fa/ isn't listening to Skillet or Slipknot or something among those garbage ranks.

Skillet is probably associated with cargo shirts, a trench and a fedora as, I'd say, a good portion of jazz or a selection of R&B would associate with an /fa/ lifestyle.

For example, I draw inspiration for my fits from Mac DeMarco and sometimes some palewave stuff, and I couldn't imagine myself listening to "In The End" 30,000+ times (top kek).

So, /fa/, what music do you find compliments your /fa/ lifestyle?

>listening to music because it seems fashionable doesn't mean that you're doing it right, you also have to enjoy it
>>
File: nara_adeus.jpg (551 KB, 1164x1600) Image search: [Google]
nara_adeus.jpg
551 KB, 1164x1600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6pkWWwUlpk

Last year I liked Jobim so much I began teaching myself Portuguese
>>
I live in nyc so I'm predisposed to hip hop and shit (i still fuck with Mac Demarco and shit but mostly hip hop) & hip hop is /fa/ af ferg's dad was a fashion designer and shit. my personal most /fa/ rap artist rn is probably $uicideboy$
>>
>>10631485
actually I meant to post this but couldn't find it. These are the Bossa Nova singers who interpreted the compositions by Jobim that are played in Jazz form on the above album. I highly recommend you listen to them. Their names are from top to bottom, left to right, beginning with the woman at the far left
>>
I don't believe fashion doesn't have a genre
>>
Techno familia
>>
>>10631576
Fuck. Fashion doesn't have a genre
>>
File: tumblr_nu7svrXJfO1ud4vq0o1_1280.jpg (783 KB, 1280x954) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu7svrXJfO1ud4vq0o1_1280.jpg
783 KB, 1280x954
(minimal) techno, post-punk, post-rock, noise, jazz
>>
>>10631569
Aye $uicideboy$ is my shit. Love that track they did with slug chirst.

I listen to a bunch of stuff mostly just download anything people recommend. But ive been blasting alot of

>errbody on awful records
>moving units
>the cure
>savages
>Perfume Genius
>death grips

That kinda shit is cool
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVbLuNLorqY
>>
>>10631623
that's pretty varied but I see how it could fit together in terms of relating to similar visual tastes
>>
>>10631591
This
>>
File: lapo_elkann1.jpg (79 KB, 480x581) Image search: [Google]
lapo_elkann1.jpg
79 KB, 480x581
Bossa-nova or micro-house.

Bossa nova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFJaNNQje10

Micro-house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DfN2mJhDG4
>>
>>10631633
fuck
those
accents
>>
OP here.

I listen to a little bit of Jazz. I love slow hip-hop that is borderline R&B.

I loved Good Turkey, m.A.A.d Gravy (happy thanksgiving) for that.
>>
>>10631816
Oh, and I don't know if anyone feels me on this, but Is Tropical, anyone?

I won't let you move that way, anon.
>>
>>10631591
>It's a Jarbow track
>>
Black Metal, Microhouse and Screamo.
Ricardo Villalobos and Orchid are my musical gods.
>>
File: 6.jpg (77 KB, 538x810) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
77 KB, 538x810
My style has always been a mix of Hip Hop, Alternative shit like Radiohead, Lo-Fi Indie shit, and British rock. This is all accented by splashes of essential Doom rap and Folk music, to get me back into myself
tl;dr what this fit sounds like is my music style
>>
>>10631998
"alternative shit" =/ Radiohead m8 they're about as mainstream as a rock band can get without st8 up being coldplay
>>
Reminder that the Manic Street Preachers are the most effay mainstream rock band
>>
I listen to shit like XXYYXX, drip-133,and yung sherman.
no idea what genre they are tho
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.