[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought these, What's the best way to take care of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.jpg (42 KB, 561x540) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
42 KB, 561x540
Just bought these, What's the best way to take care of them?
http://www.colehaan.com/lenox-hill-split-oxford-t-moro/C11628.html?dwvar_C11628_color=T%20moro
>>
>>10627428
where do you live? just to know under which conditions you are going to use them
>>
>>10627434
LONDON!
No, seriously.
>>
>>10627428
Suicide.
Then they will never get scuffed
>>
>>10627435
silicon spray then, for the rain. And just polish them not so often.
>>
that's actually the first pair of split toe shoes i actually like

problem with cole haans aka nike shoes is that they use the same plastic shit they coat leather with on nikes

when that shit scuffs and scrapes away the shoe is fucked

so like all the shortcuts they use with nike shoes are present in cole haan dress shoes

but then again it's $100 for fucking dress shoes from cole haan with fake MSRP's going into the 300's that only a fool would pay

it's the type of dress shoe you wear in the rain, not need to buy polish for and no need to buy shoe trees

thats why cole haan and bostintonian are arround since aldens and john lobbs require so much fucking shit to be maintained

that only people with foot fetishes like to perform
>>
File: 1438028396542.jpg (12 KB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
1438028396542.jpg
12 KB, 240x196
>>10627443
>>
File: hann.jpg (98 KB, 1083x411) Image search: [Google]
hann.jpg
98 KB, 1083x411
>>10627443
Well that's disappointing to hear
>>
What are some good cheap brands?
>>
>>10628181
Alden
Allen Edmonds
Loake
Trickers
Lotus
LB Sheppard
Endicott Johnson
>>
Cole haans are essentially tennis shoes

I bought a pair before I knew about their quality. The shoe looks worse after you polish it.
>>
>>10627443
>>10629636
I can get a pair for $70; Is it worth it for that, will they last if taken care of?
>>
>>10629212
those are cheap for you? 0/10 troll
>>
>>10630681
Not him but as far as a decent pair of shoes go those are cheap. If you want a nice pair you'll be shelling out three, four times as much.
>>
>>10630595
cole haans do better when you don't take care of them

he said polish makes it look crappy

and shoe trees tend to be too aggressive for nikes thats why people use sneaker balls or shove tissue paper in them when storing

because shoe trees will tear the upper from the sole on a shoe-glued upper-sole construction

if you want your $70 nike dress shoes to last just wear them

dry them off with a towel when they get wet, don't polish, don't tree

you're not caring for a leather product you're trying to keep that plastic coating on your shoe for as long as possible

kind of like a new iphone.

you're not slathering saddle soap and leather dress polish and then dipping your iphone into mink oil are you?

so no need to do that here
>>
>>10630681
You can get a cheap pair of Loakes for £100
>>
>>10630681
underage b&

get the fuck out and get a job, kiddo
>>
>>10630769
yeah, that make it a cheap brand

>>10630797
of course, 10/10 retard
>>
>>10630818
>cheap
>leather
Pick one
>>
>>10630825
>be smart
>compare two things that are irrelevant for what I said
Pick one
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.