[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys deal with smelly feet? I try and try and my socks,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 7349782444_401af3d590.jpg (194 KB, 376x500) Image search: [Google]
7349782444_401af3d590.jpg
194 KB, 376x500
How do you guys deal with smelly feet? I try and try and my socks, shoes and feet always smell. How can I avoid this?
>>
If this helps I'm a very active person, I have 4 pairs of shoes and many pairs of socks.
>>
>>10625827
Stop wearing cheap socks and cheap shoes made of Man made materials. Also look on kickstarter at the moment. There's some socks on there that are odour resistant or something. I cba to look it up for you.
>>
>>10625827
Bad genetics my friend. My feet dont smell. I wear the same pair of shoes everyday. Sometimes I wear the same socks for two or three days and it's alright.
>>
File: 다운로드.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
다운로드.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
These.
Look embarassing but they are effective.
>>
>>10625833
What is a cheap pair of socks? I have Nike athletic socks and some other formal socks.
The smell doesn't happen right for a couple of weeks whenever I buy a new pair of shoes or socks. But after a while, the smell will appear.
>>
1.) invest in cedar shoe trees for your shoes
2.) Invest in better socks*
3.) Invest in foot powder

*In my experience, although they're made for runners, Balega is my favorite. Feetures are next.

But most importantly, use foot powder.
>>
Dry your feet VERY well after the shower, especially before putting your shoes on. Having even slightly moist feet is a surefire way to grow odor-causing bacteria.

Look into foot-powder, too.
>>
>>10625827
don't wear suede or leather
>>
>>10625827
clean your floors especially if you have carpet.

anything you step on has to be cleaned.
bath rugs, carpet in your room, bathroom tile.

Not absolutely crazy and not all at once but it's necessary.

wash your socks frequently (Tide Bleach Alternative is amazing) and do not wear them twice without washing. place some baking soda into your shoe, shake them a couple times and then empty.

if it rains and you get your shoes wet (assuming you haven't waterproofed them), dry them immediately. it's not going to smell automatically but if it's wet and warm for more than 12 hours, it's going to get nasty.

actually wash your feet in the shower. scrub them down and get in there between your toes.

get some new socks/shoes if it's that bad. start with a clean slate.
I will say though, having clean floors is the best thing that happened to me in regards to my smelly feet. When I moved from home to my apartment, I noticed that not only did my feet smell much better, everything about me smelled better.
>>
I rotate a lot of shoes mostly Nike and Adidas.

But for some reason ONLY my adidas tubulars develop this god awful moldy cheese smell when I wear them for like 4-5 hours. It's so awful that sometimes I can smell it just standing around.

What's the deal? How do I fix this when it's just one fucking pair of shoes that ever does this for me.

Do those sneaker balls or spray actually work?
>>
Wear only cotton socks. No synthetics ever.

Leather shoes only, and the only time you're allowed to wear man-mades is trainers that have plenty of mesh to breath.

Only wear clean socks, never wear them two times in a row. Launder them in hot water with a bleach laundry soap or add bleach to the wash. Dry them promptly. If you can, while you're fixing this problem switch a pair socks out halfway through the day

Wash your feet every day.

Let your feet breath. Take your shoes off any time you're in the house.

And if you can put your shoes out in the sun with the tongue untied. UV light does wonders on killing shit.
>>
>>10626693
>adidas tubulars
Synthetic man made shit materials
>>
>>10626742

aight obviously but I'm asking for a solution son
>>
>>10625968
lmao
leather is much better than any synthetic material
granted that you don't buy fake or dirt cheap leather
>>
>>10626742
>>10626833
>>10626735
>>10625833
you guys do know that synthetic and man made materials can be processed to be anti bacterial right ?

>>10625827
wear bamboo [rayon] socks
bamboo is a man made fiber that has anti bacterial characteristics
bamboo naturally is anti bacterial, and then all the brazy chemicals that they put in add anti bacterial qualities

also, you could use a foot powder of some sort to stop sweating, might be a cause of it
wouldn't recommend this though
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.