[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm interested in woodwork and have a few projects I would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: spireturningbothways.gif (613 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
spireturningbothways.gif
613 KB, 500x500
I'm interested in woodwork and have a few projects I would like to start in my home as practise to really get into it.
I have experience with saw machines.
I would like to make furniture and other small things.
What machines and handtools are a complete must for starting my own hobby workshop in my garage?
Also what are good brands?
I already own a hand saw, every type of "bolt/screw turner" you can think of, hammers etc. Also the only machine I currently own is a sandpaper machine and a drilling machine(it's shit though and I need a replacement)
Sorry for my lack of knowledge
>>
The things I want to make are shelves, nightstands, sauna chairs, a closet, a bed, cat tree, rube goldbergs, a desktop, tv table etc.
I want to learn the art of working with wood
>>
Well thank god you can turn screws, almost had me worried.
>>
>>999728
>>999727
First and foremost, a table saw.
>>
>>999727
>Sorry for my lack of knowledge
I suggest you fix that before doing anything else

>>999728
>The things I want to make are shelves, nightstands, sauna chairs
then go google those things and you'll see what tools you would need
>>
>>999730
Thanks
>>
Any more tips/advice?
>>
>>999735
Its really hard to give advice about a topic thats so open ended and vague.

Buy a table saw, build a cross cut sled, and you will be able to make the majority of the cuts needed for that stuff.

Start a project and you will quickly figure out what you know and what you dont know.
There isnt really relevant advice to give you, all the tips and tricks people have need to be applied to something practical. There is just so much and we know so little about you personally.

Once you get a project started, make a thread.
>>
>>999738
Alright, will do! Thank you
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.