[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this girl using the saw correctly? It looks quite dangerous.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1463942151849[1].webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463942151849[1].webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Is this girl using the saw correctly? It looks quite dangerous.
>>
>>997136
Nah that was like "oh fuck I don't know what I'm doing" way of holding it.
>>
>>997136
She should have put the foot of the saw on the wood and push it away from her optimally.

Lots of people don't use sawzalls right though.
>>
>>997136
The ergonomics on that thing look absolutely atrocious.
>>
>>997209

Is that an aftermarket reciprocating saw attachment for a drill?
>>
>>997211
yes. they tried using a rotating saw attachment first, but it wasn't working.
I don't know if it is aftermarket, though
>>
File: post-matrix.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
post-matrix.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
Looks like this, but I don't see any attachment that matches it.

May be a crazy Japan version.
>>
If you ever pull something like that towards you its wrong
>>
File: hZie030[1].jpg (114 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
hZie030[1].jpg
114 KB, 1440x810
>>997278
It's this one. It seems they changed the saw used by the attachment and apparently they put it facing the wrong side
>>
I think she was trying to use it like a typical Japanese backsaw, strangely enough.

Being a human clamp looks dangerous but it could have its perks.
>>
>>997302
>Circular saw, Reciprocating saw and some kind of hedge murdering device

Fuck, someone just needs to load up the heath services that little bit more
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Unnx11S46M
>>
It's a Milwaukee hackzall I use one everyday at work best thing for cutting pipe and small sections of wood 10/10 tool
>>
>Always cut away from yourself

No she is not using it proper
>>
>>997136
Christ, is this the first scene to a snuff film?
>>
>>997293
But Japanese saws always cut on the pull.
The thing she is doing wrong is not using two hands on the saw.
>>
>>997302
>>997278
>>997469
Matrix tool is such fucking garbage
>>
>>998414
I too was waiting for the blood.

>>998440
>But Japanese saws always cut on the pull.

Sure, but you see, if you rotate the saw 180 degrees and then *push* it...
>>
>>997293
someone doesn't know what a drawknife is
>>
it's a really retarded offset saw, which aren't ergonomic at all

cutting away from you is generally preferred, but as long as you maintain control of the tool at all times, and aren't standing in the path of the blade so when it cuts through you don't shove the saw into your body, it isn't a big deal

cutting away from you from the top of something is a bad idea, you are off balance and your center of gravity might be over the thing being cut, and if you're holding it and don't expect it to break or something else, you end up falling, since you're such a clumsy fuck you cut yourself cutting towards yourself, you're always going to be a clumsy fuck that invents new ways to hurt themselves
>>
>>997136
the way she swings that after the cut is scary as fuck... she is using it right but should be using 2 hands not 1.
>>
File: finger removal tutorial.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
finger removal tutorial.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>997136
Seems fine to me. Putting the foot down would be better obviously. I've actually seen people move the tool back and forth like it is a manual cross cut saw.

>>998484
>>998440
Drawknives and Japanese saws (nokogiri) are not powered. Your point is irrelevant.
>>
>>998487
>but as long as you maintain control of the tool at all times, and aren't standing in the path of the blade so when it cuts through you don't shove the saw into your body, it isn't a big deal

No, sir. It IS a big deal. You never pull a power tool blade towards you for any reason. Why? Because habit and fatigue. If you are in the habit of doing that then you may end up doing it when you are mentally or physically fatigued. Which almost always ends in disaster for you, the workpeice, or someone nearby.
>>
>>998514
There's also the random hidden nail piece or staple that is occasionally where it isn't supposed to be. Not fun when the power tool's blade stops instantly or when a piece of metal comes flying out in the direction all sawdust normally comes out (in the front.) I've had brand new lumber to have a piece of a nail in it before. Of course the home center had to pay for a new blade on my saw because of it.
>>
>>998511
That shit has me googled for "how to open a coconut"
>>
>>997293
Arborist here, we piss all over that rule on a daily basis.
>>
>>998514
But anon, i usually cut down with reciprocating saws

Would i pull a circular saw towards me while cutting hell no

I'm just saying sometimes it's ok

Say you're demoing a deck push or pull isn't going to matter since you are in the cutting path of the blade, or are you too retarded to not understand what i meant when i said that?
>>
File: Danger Colouration.jpg (379 KB, 1280x757) Image search: [Google]
Danger Colouration.jpg
379 KB, 1280x757
>>998511
>finger removal tutorial.webm
Well... that was fucking terrifying
>>
>>997136

who gives a fuck whatever works

this is just like the /g/ meme of that one model who programs
>>
>>998776
Koding with Karlie XD ;)))))))))
>>
>>997136
She shouldn't even be using a reciprocating saw in the first place. A circular-type saw is the best for making straight cuts on wooden planks. Reciprocating saws are best for hard to reach places and cutting curves.
>>
>>998511
I know why natural selection exists.
>>
>>997190
A sawzall is what I grab when I know I'm about to fuck shit up anyway. Its good for awkward tight cuts and the fact that it pull itself into the work makes it pretty easy to operate one handed.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.