[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, can someone explain to me how the fuck you attach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: $_57.jpg (379 KB, 1478x1600) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
379 KB, 1478x1600
Hey guys,
can someone explain to me how the fuck you attach a toilet seat with these...I've only ever had to put a bolt though the holes and a nut and washer below...but this shit has me stumped.
>>
>>996485
What does the seat look like?
>>
Looks to me like the toilet should have two holes in each side for the pin and the bolt. I'd think you'd put the black rubber thing on the pin on the metal bracket, and press that in into the hole for the pin on the underside. The clear plastic looks like it goes on the bottom of the bracket you just pressed in. Then put the white washer on the bolt, and put it through the hole so it comes out of the top of the toilet. Then the white plastic wing nut. That's the only way i can think to use all those pieces.
>>
File: 542964007_978.jpg (66 KB, 614x461) Image search: [Google]
542964007_978.jpg
66 KB, 614x461
>>
>>996493
OP Here,
I think you're right. Yeah I was looking at it for at least an hour trying to fathom how it would work with only one hole in the porcelain toilet bowl. My partner has bought the wrong kind of seat. Thanks for confirming.
>>
>>996497
Yknow,you could make this work if you just flipped the bracket upside down. You wouldn't need the clear plastic pieces either, then. Yeah, you'd have two metal pins sticking out from under the bowl, but it would avoid another trip to the store! Just a thought.
>>
>>996501
Yeah I tried that the problem being the well for bolt is extremely shallow and as soon as someone sits on it the bolt falls from the well.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.