[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best cordless tool brand?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 37
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 1500x814) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 1500x814
I went to a tool show recently and tried everything from impact drivers to skill saws, jigsaws routers and I can't make up my mind as I want to replenish my cordless set as its ryobi. I'm thinking makita but I'm also swerving toward Milwaukee, what do you guys think?
>>
You got Ryobi, if it works it works. I mean, is there anything you don't like about them other than "hurrdurr mah milwankeeeeee"
>>
Milwaukee. Makita. Dewalt. Metabo. Hilti. Bosch.
>>
>>995306
I would go makita because I've had them and still have them. A buddy likes his milwaulkees. My step son likes his porter cable.

Get something that feels good in your hands.
>>
I like Makita, Milwaukee, Bosch, DeWalt

In that order.
>>
Stay away from Bosch drills. They are shit, I've wrecked 2 in the last 18 months.
Unless it's a Bosch bulldog hammerdrill. Those are good.

Really it's a matter of personal preference. you just have to try the different brands out and see what works good for you. If you work in some sort of trade it's easy because you'll be working with other people who will be using all different stuff who will probably let you try their tools
I like dewalts drills, ridgid angle grinders, skil's saws.
>>
I love makita drills. That being said, I find that dewalt drills/impact drivers have a more comfortable grip, and are of roughly equal quality for slightly less. Makita also charges a fucking shitton for batteries, but it's not like there aren't third party batteries you can use. They do last pretty much forever, and their customer service is nice.
The other great thing about having makitas is that the /diy/ makita jihadist won't attack you for posting.
>>
>>995465
The main reason I dropped Makita for Milwaukee was battery prices and DeWalt wasn't keeping up on innovation. This was about 5 years ago I made the switch tho.
>>
>>995306
Frankly, it doesn't matter. Get the one with the prettiest color palette.
>>
I have a bunch of ryobi green shit for a little over a year and most of the stuff gets used every day except the meme tool vacuum cleaner because a hand broom and dust pan works much more quickly.

If they are still working I won't bother. The reason why you can't choose is because nothing stands out as significantly better than your current line up. Particularly for how much they cost compared.
>>
>>995469

Pretty much this. If ryobi wasn't that obnoxious green and had a good look to it I can guarantee that more people would "swear by it"
>>
>>995476
Ryobi is more than adequate for a vast majority of homeowners.
>>
I like Ridgid
because I own Ridgid
>>
makita cordless drills all day erryday. if you can find a cordless circular saw good for more than a single cut through a 2x6, please tell me.
>>
>>995508
>Last longer than a 2x6

What like ripping one ?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
>>995469
Each and every tool brand is OK as long as its tools are yellow and black and guaranteed tough.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 590x425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 590x425
>>995508
I got you.
>>
>>995516

My old boss had one of these.

It's a surprisingly capable little saw.
>>
My vote is for Milwaukee. Their 12V line outperforms some 24V lines, and their selection of tools and extras is only matched by Dewalt but they seem to last a little longer.
>>
Dewalt over Makita. Dewalt has a 3 year warranty on their lithium batteries over makitas 1 year. Makita lost a customer over their shitty batteries and less than stellar customer service
>>
>>995508
Makita saws seem to be decent. I spent a year working around carpenters who used nothing but Makita cordless saws. Stairway layouts, joists, 3/8" plywood sheathing, 1-1/4" plywood decking- they did it all with cordless saws. They used Diabolo blades, if it matters.
>>
I liked my Porter-cable 18v set until they switched to 20v just to make people buy all new stuff. Dewalt and others did as well.

FML, I have a perfectly good set of 20-some PC 18v, now obsolete.

I wish I remembered some brand running commercials mocking this shit; "Our stuff runs on the only battery we ever had, and will ever have."
>>
>>995906
You can rebuild those batteries, you know.
>>
>>995306
>Milwauke
Crap
>>
Since when did /diy/ becomes /consumer loyalty/ I thought that was /g/'s job
>>
>>996010
its mostly the self-same cretin - 'show your toolthreads' and garbage like this - "I haz Ryobi so needz noo - howzabout Milwaukee?'

garbage tier threads, garbage tier tools, everytime - into the trash it goes.
>>
>>996014
If you're going to mention garbage, don't forget makita.
>>
>>996010
Since when could you diy without tools?
>>
>>995306
The standard non brushless M18 Drill driver and impact driver set is on sale for 155$ right now.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8736019-milwaukee-m18-18v-lith-ion-1-2-drill-impact-driver-combo-kit-155-free-shipping?v=1
>>
My wife's son swears by chicago electric. He's black though
>>
>>996060
First time trying to meme it up?
A little on the nose dont you think?
>>
>>995521
Those are fucking great I used the foremans one to cut about 500m of 2mm cable ladder covers to fit around all the quake bracing and form the angles. Otoh my drills and grinder are makita.
>>
Ausfag here, Hilti is rated top by most tradies then its makita ( all my tools are hilti except a makita impact that i just rape and use for anything also have the batteries for the radio) but it depends if its for DIY or work, everyday day use definitely spend a little more and get Hilti if its just every so often usage Makita is still a solid purchase.
>>
File: impact899.jpg (87 KB, 550x307) Image search: [Google]
impact899.jpg
87 KB, 550x307
>>995306
My dad has a Makita set, mostly several years old. They work well, and are in good shape. I've heard that Makita tools tend to hold up very well under abuse, and they seem to have a greater emphasis on minimizing sound and vibration than other brands. I've recently started acquiring some of the brushless Dewalt 20V line, and they are very nice for my purposes. From what I've checked out for what I've been interested in, Dewalt often has an edge in power over Milwaukee (important in metal working), but Milwaukee tools often come with nice cases. Makita bags are nicer than Dewalt's, especially the larger ones for kits. They all generally do their jobs well, so which to pick comes down mostly to the particular specs of the tools you're interested in.

Pic related is an example of what I was talking about with Dewalt vs. Milwaukee. The current high-end impact wrenches are more powerful than any corded wrench I've heard of and all but the most powerful air wrenches. The Dewalt is cheaper and delivers about a third of a percent more torque (real-world tests), while the Milwaukee has a case suitable for hauling around to the places where you might want to use such a tool.
>>
>>996093
I want to see the real world tests, because spec sheets say otherwise.
>>
>>996094
>spec sheets
Spec sheets make assumptions about the stiffness of the assembly being driven. They both exceed their nominal specs.

https://youtu.be/ZUNXe1ha6aA

The DCF899 tool-specific review tested slightly higher, but not by much.
>>
>>996062
Tried to go with cuck,China freight and dindu nuffin all in one post. I guess I came on a little heavy
>>
>>996093
I don't own Milwaukee but check out dewalt t-stack cases some of the tests are crazy I saw a video of a atv driving over one without it even cracking
>>
>>996355

Spamblerg bot detected.
>>
>>995467
Have your old batteries rebuilt. Cheap and better than new
>>
>>996390
New makita batteries autobrick after a certain amount of charge cycles.
>>
>>996398
What part of rebuild don't you understand faggot. The battery pack is removed and replaced.
>>
>>995306
>Wearebecomingexceedinglyeffiecentatcreatingthesethreads.jpg
Jesus Christ. Dewalt contractor lines, Milwaukee and Makita are top tier. Last through abuse until you get tired of them. Probably could survive getting run over by a tank.

Festool and Metabo are for faggy shit. Haven't used em, doubt I ever will. Looks like pussy shit. Literally look like your kids toys.

Ridgid, Hitachi, Hilti, and Bosch are all expensive but nothing special apart from where they specialize in. Gotta be retarded to buy in this level, but solid tools if you get em cheap. Hilti is the brand for powder actuated shit.

Ryobi and Porter Cable are your po boy good enough tools of you take care of them and cheap line.

Consumer Dewalt, Kobalt gimmick ass bullshit, Black and Decker, Craftsman and really anything else are wastes of fucking money. Clunky bullshit and that'll shatter if you drop them off a ladder onto concrete.
>>
File: MugShot-9940WS[1].jpg (59 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
MugShot-9940WS[1].jpg
59 KB, 640x379
>>995306
North Bros. 'Yankee' line of tools can't be beat. Picture related.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>996410
>Milwaukee
>Ryobi
Same company.

>DeWalt
>Porter Cable
>Back & Decker
Same company

>Metabo
>Hitachi
Same company

>Kobalt
>Ridgid
>Craftsman
Store brands that use many different manufacturers to make their stuff, sometimes with only a color scheme change. Ridgid is a bit of a special case as its only their power tools like drills and such that are contracted out. They are basically Home Depot's power tool house brand while Husky is their hand tools. Kobalt is Lowes house brand and Craftsman of course belongs to Sears. Last I checked TTI (Milwaukee) makes some Craftsman and Ridgid power tools. B&D makes some Craftsman tools also (picture related). Not sure about Kobalt.
>>
>>996453
I'm with this guy. It's original battery will last a lifetime, guaranteed.
>>
>>996386
I ain't not bot

I'm a klutz thank I have dropped it a few times I only own one that my drill n driver came in can't justify the price for just the case but they are very well made
>>
Dewalt all the way. I've used Milwaukee mostly because that's what my boss brings to the job site but my personal tools are Dewalt. I just like them better for a million. Reasons.
>>
>>996409
The protection circuit allegedly prevents it from charging, even with new cells.
>>
Ridgid tools. If you register them, you get lifetime warranty. And it is fucking lifetime. I'm the guy that gets them replaced, I've seen some that have been set on fire and crushed
>>
ITT: Anecdotes

There are pros and cons between tool makes, but in each 'brand' there are multiple levels of quality. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the US get different quality to Europe, Australia, or elsewhere...

Nobody has enquired what OP's use is. How many tools they need, or what their budget is really affects the decision.

If you were working in mostly inside, mostly clean places and you look after your shit, and you're not worried about getting things knocked, then buy the best you can afford.

Festool, Fein, Metabo, Hilti, Panasonic are the top tier brands in Australia, but may not be elsewhere.

DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee, Bosch, Hitachi occupy the second tier, but it what most people have for a reason: It's good value for the money and when you drop an impact driver off a roof you don't have to mortgage your house to replace it.

There are endless shit tier brands. Ryobi is the best of them.

The other thing that varies wildly between brands is the ranges of tools they have. Makita have an absurd amount of tools, which seems rad, but AFAIK they don't have an 18V nailgun.

tl:dr Brands don't matter as much as budget, range & user needs.
>>
>>996458
Are we really going to do this again? Fuck off.
>>
Been a carpenter for 4 years now. not a long time, but i use makita impact driver and drill both 12v ones and 18v ones. they were in my car when i crashed into an 18 wheeler on a rainy day and got soaking wet. still works to this day. that's 3 years give or take, with daily use and i work 8 - 11 hrs a day in a millwork shop warehouse.

my coworkers use em too. some use Bosch and they are good in a sense that the battery will use the last bit of energy it's got to drive the damn screw into wood, even when it's just a 12v battery drill.

other shop tools we use are
DeWalt 12" miter saw - for more than 10 years i'm told now. only has to have its' brushes replaced and they're cheap

Porter cable routers and belt sanders- cheaper than other brands but they make the best routers and belt sanders for cost compared to others.
Buy bits from different companies though.

Bostitch, rigid, porter cable nailers

Hilti hammer drill - this fucker is awesome

Festool skill saw with aluminium guide and vaccum. Our installers have em and are the best in the line. NOT cheap though. Dewalt is trying to copy it but they suck.

Senco nailers 18 gauge brad, staple, etc
They're oilless and seeing how my coworkers are all foreigners and aren't quite capable of reading instruction manuals for anything, this works great because it doesn't require any maintenance.
>>
Im likely going to start buying into ryobi 18v oneplus system.

>$90 for a 18ga nailer, no obnoxious air + power lines, as well as discrete silence.

As far other tools, many of them are ~45$ including 7" saw, angle grinder, drills, etc.
Ryobi is at least manageable to own and get a job done
>>
>>996838
>festool
>best

Found the shill.
>>
>>997437
fuck off, troll
>>
>>996838
Those are called track saws. We have the Festool one at work. I love it, very useful.
>>
>>997443
Festool Internet Defence Force gtfo
>>
File: Fein.jpg (57 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Fein.jpg
57 KB, 800x600
Hey guys, What's goin' on in this thread.
>>
>>997443
>shilling
>>
>>997653
Haven't you heard. This is now a festool shill or gtfo troll thread.
>>
File: $_57[1].JPG_set_id=880000500F.jpg (36 KB, 500x795) Image search: [Google]
$_57[1].JPG_set_id=880000500F.jpg
36 KB, 500x795
>>997674
>ITT: jelly poorfags what will never own a vacuum that cost more than their car.
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (44 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
44 KB, 1440x1080
>>997678
>more than their car

I drive a van, and there's no shill vacuums in or near it. How does it feel that you paid that much money to collect MDF dust from something that's going to look shit, no matter how much your shilltools cost, purely because you made it?

>mfw not using numatic vacuums.
>>
>>997708
>numatic vacuums
>nu-mat-ic
..thats a fucking HENRY! dude. HENRYS fucking face when you ask him, whether hes asbestos rated? >cough, cough
>>
>>997678
My $40 shop vac with HEPA filters does the exact same thing, without having to remortgage my house.
>>
>>997723

What the hell is a heppa filter?
>>
File: numatic.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
numatic.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>997720
Numatic make the Henry hoover.

Also numatic make asbestos vacuums and some of their really high end stuff out price and outperform that festool nonsense.

Some people just don't get it'll never be mafell but miss the gimmick because of the price tag.
>>
>>996458
Who owns Bosch now? And "same comoany" doesn't mean same quality. I would never buy a piece of shut black and Decker anything, but Dewalt makes good tools for jobsite use
>>
makita and milwaukee imo
>>
>>997988
Bosch/Skil/Dremel is its own monopoly. They make most of their money on other stuff, not tools.
>>
>>995906
buy sony 18500 cells and rebuild your packs(5 cells per pack)
>>
>>995511

I well guess I'm gonna get a FLUKE and poke holes in walls with probes.
>>
>>995306
Makita.
Indestructible, but expen$$$ive.
>>
>>997988
I have some bosch corded drills. They make a decent router too. Really though it all job specific. I prefer hilti for drywall.
>>
>>995306
I just ordered a pack of DeWalt.
DCK255M2

- 1pcs DeWalt DCD995
- 1pcs DeWalt DCF886

> Comes with 2x 5.0Ah Li-Ion BT batteries
> One cheapo plastic case

I bought so many Makita and Metabo tools and they were sooo fucking shit. Hell I bought Black & Decker, Bosch, and I went for the "pro" section always.

But they always break, have some problems, or they are just utter shit altogether.
Now I bought a DeWalt saw months ago, and it's a fucking dream.

Works like a charm, cuts beautiful.
Tell me I did not just make a huge mistake...

Ps.: I know the DCF886 have not got that powerful torque as the other units, but this is the only affordable and reasonably priced combo pack I found.
>>
>>1000775
>Tell me I did not just make a huge mistake...

You biggest mistake is thinking that the high level drill lives from Makita, Metabo, Bosch and the like are going to be vastly different.
If you can find fault in those other brands, you arent going to suddenly be happy with a slight sidegrade to yet another brand.

Dewalts contractor level saws are on a completely different level than their other tools, you shouldnt be comparing the two.
>>
>>1000781
Well the saw is a portable table saw.
>>
>>996453
Good luck drilling concrete with that.
>>
>>995306
I love my 20volt Dewalt tools. They have great power, excellent battery life (except the saws lol) and are made in the USA.
>>
>>995306
>>995309
I've got a set of ryobi tools, I like them just fine. As a home user they work well for 90% of what I do, and with the 4Ah lithium batteries I've not had any problems with running outta juice. If I were going to upgrade for some reason (not going to, but if I were) I might go for Makita or Dewalt.

One other thing, Ryobi, Rigid, Milwaukee and one other brand that I forget are all manufactured by the same Chinese company, food for thought.
>>
>>1000792
>Well the saw is a portable table saw.
The Dewalt job-site saws are really excellent as far as portable table saws go and, as the other anon said, on a different level of build quality vs. most of the cordless drills out there.
>>
File: makita.jpg (20 KB, 360x249) Image search: [Google]
makita.jpg
20 KB, 360x249
makita master race
>>
File: butthill.png (208 KB, 445x335) Image search: [Google]
butthill.png
208 KB, 445x335
>>1000907
>mfw taking apart a makita battery and finding the cheapest paper cased shit cells money can buy
>>
>>995511
>>
I've found that DeWalt tools are typically a cut above the rest in build quality.
>>
>>1000937
Ive never bought any portable before, but own several bosch (nearly typed borsch) corded power tools.

dewalt 12v drill is pretty good so far, i abuse it for anything i find from drilling to grinding for all kinds of complicated situation.
>>
I prefer dewalt but rigid is okay too I guess
Any time I've used a cordless skillsaw by either I've had to use the extended capacity battery packs. Both brands use universal batteries as well so that's nice
>>
>>1001102
I also managed to burn the chuck out of Dewalt's 18v hammer drill after using it to put 6 holes in to fucking bedrock and then 5 in to concrete, Dewalt fixed for free
>>
File: condescending_wonka_3_400x400.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
condescending_wonka_3_400x400.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>1000924
>>
These threads always make me laugh. If Ryobi is working for you then stick with Ryobi. I have some really nice Milwauke and Bosch tools and Ridgid tools, but I still rock Ryobi tools no problem. I grab whatever tools I need that are closest to me in my garage each morning and if they happen to be Ryobi I use them no fucks given.
>>
I bleed Chicago Electric maroon....
>>
>>1000924
You're surprised?

What surprised me was finding out the big Ryobi lithium batteries have got really nice Samsung cells in 'em.
>>
File: ProductPlacementMovie.png (1 MB, 1000x691) Image search: [Google]
ProductPlacementMovie.png
1 MB, 1000x691
>>1001321
>What surprised me was finding out the big Ryobi lithium batteries have got really nice Samsung cells in 'em.

Brand is social construct.

(RC memories)
There was a time when most lithium-ion batteries were produced in the same chinese factory and then re-branded. The most renowned were sold with theThunder Power logo for 80$. With an asian label the same batteries were sold with improved chemistry one year later for about 25$ and even less.
>>
Old Craftsman stuff is great if you can get them at yard sales and such. Everything from around 2002-2005 onwards is of questionable value or is just straight up garbage, thanks to the CEO of Sears ruining the company because he's obsessed with Ayn Rand.
>>
>>1001383
>best-cordless thread
>pre 2002 battery tech
>craftsman

U high anon?
>>
>>1001321
Know what really surprises me?
I think that Craftsman uses Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries in their C3 cordless tools.
>>
>>1001391
Will, yeah. Many of Craftsman's cordless tools are made by TTI. TTI owns the Ryobi and Milwaukee brands as well as make tools for Home Depot using the Ridgid brand. Its like being surprised that that you found a part labeled Mazda inside your Ford, when Ford was simply releasing a car developed by Mazda and slapping the their brand on it.
>>
>>995306
In my experience of doing construction for years it goes something like this:
>Milwaukee > Makita > Dewalt

I always owned Makita over Milwaukee though just simply because Milwaukee tools are really expensive, totally worth it though if you can afford it.

Ryobi is poorfag tier, Bosch is ok but I doubt they last very long. I've never used Hilti so I can't really comment on them. One main thing is to make sure you are using Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) batteries and not Nickle Cadmium (NiCd) or Nickle Metal Hydride (NiMH). You will get a faster charge and better power from Li-Ion.
>>
>>1001396

It goes both ways. Mazda's also sold ford with Mazda slapped on them.

And suzukis with Mazda slapped on them. Those same Suzuki's you'd pull apart and find mitubishi logos on some of the heavier electrical components.

I would say that I have not run across an automobile that was 100% made and developed by the brand that sells it. Find one an let me show you that the tires weren't made by them.

Automobiles are too complex to set up a facility for every component.
>>
>>1001396
It surprises me more that they would go for a lesser used and more expensive chemistry.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1464669577460.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1464669577460.jpg
426 KB, 1920x1920
>>1001401
>more expensive
Everything I've looked at(I'm not saying all tools because I haven't looked) was either similarly matched for price or cheaper than makita for the same sort of features.

>ryobi is poor fag
No it's just Milwaukee cheaper. Granted it won't have the same life time and you would expect bigger quality from a Milwaukee but it's all loosely fit the same stuff
>>
File: aa__28755.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
aa__28755.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>995306
I do fire and water damage restoration and we use Ryobi at work. The battery for the C3 craftsman drill I bought for black Friday a year or two ago isn't holding a proper charge. Replacing the battery isn't economical, though I wish it were, so I bought my first Ryobi set for myself. $129 at home depot. I'll mess with it and maybe buy the Lithium+ set for father's day and return this set.
>>
>>1001309
My loaner tools. When a guy on my crew needs a tool. Usually fresh across the river beaners...
>>
>>1001569
Servpro hack....
>>
>>1001753
>Not Proserv master race.
>>
How the fuck do you guys manage to ruin your tools all the time? I've been using tools every workday for 4-5 years now without a single problem. I use Bosch.
>>
I bet many of the DIY posters is that one retard at construction sites who seems like he slams his tool on the ground every time he is done using it and dips it in paint when you are not looking. After this he acts surprised and disappointed the tool starts acting up.
>>
>>995306
Makita is my first choice. Quality is just below DeWalt and the price is often better than shitty Black and Decker
>>
>>995306
Unless you work in the trades just buy the low end stuff. It's just not worth buying the expensive shit unless you use it everyday.
>>
>>1003533

Makita below DeWalt quality. What? Makita is and has always been one of the top tier brands.
>>
>>1003654
Third party here, yea top tier for sure but still not the best.
>>
>>997678
Why the fuck does this thing cost so much? It's built like shit

>awful wheels
>that handle
>holy shit that hose

Literally why
>>
>>995306
Asking on here what cordless tools are the best is like asking what someone's favourite colour is,
>>
DeWalt my man, reasonably priced and good quality
>>
Is Festool the best if you had literally infinite money?
>>
>>1004301
Have you ever actually looked at their tools?

The majority of it is very expensive gimmicky shit. Their cordless drills arent going to be better than something like a Hilti for half the price. Their routers and miter saw arent more accurate than Bosch stuff.

The rest of it is just multi tool shit and expensive as fuck tables.

They dont even make a jointer/planer/tablesaw where there is a fine cabinetmaking market to pay huge amounts of money for marginal increases in accuracy.

You really think their square shopvacs are going to be better than a regular shopvac? You have the money for Festool you have an actual dust extractor in your shop (which festool doesnt sell, only shopvacs)

Its just stronghanded marketing doing what it does best.
>>
File: (1) Samlet.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
(1) Samlet.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I got myself my own set of tools, didn't feel right to be an electrician without his own tools. After trying various brands my choice landed on Bosch. Best overall feel, All tools have a battery indicator and a flashlight overall it feels like they have spared no expense.
>>
File: (2) 10.8v.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
(2) 10.8v.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
60 seconds of waiting between images? zzzzzz...
>>
File: (3) Drill.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
(3) Drill.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: (4) Feinsag.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
(4) Feinsag.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: (5) Feinsag.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
(5) Feinsag.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: (6) Slagdrill.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
(6) Slagdrill.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: (7) Vinkelsliper.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
(7) Vinkelsliper.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: (8) Sekk.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
(8) Sekk.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: 1465109339192.jpg (40 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1465109339192.jpg
40 KB, 400x286
>>1001569
Returned the Ryobi set and got Ridgid. 5 tools and 2 4A batteries for 4 hundred. I wanted the warranty. Used the circular saw today. I hate circular saws, but I like this one. The reciprocating saw cleans up dead branches and the flashlight helped me find my toad after the wife managed to let him loose. Gotta drill the boards I cut today at a later date so I can finish my planter. I find free building materials from my job that was previously mentioned.
>>
>>1004375
>>1004377
>>1004378
>>1004379
>>1004381
>>1004383
>>1004384
>>1004385
Typical sparky the only trade where you could keep your tools that clean. ;)
>>
>>1004437

This was on purchase day, but yeah it is easier to keep them clean as an electrician and I take care when using my tools, I handle them with care
>>
>>1004404
Id recommend getting a second set of 4Ah batteries
Its a real bitch changing one battery between tools while the other is charging.
>>
>>1004444
I'm a general builder so all my tools are covered in shit. The only thing I keep clean is my plastering gear out of necessity.
>>
File: (9) Sekk.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
(9) Sekk.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>1004451

Is it unavoidable? Whenever I get some paint or dust on the tools I wash it out. I feel like most people don't give a damn and treats their tools like trash and lets paint dry.

Here's some more tools if people are interested.
>>
File: (10) Sekk.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
(10) Sekk.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>
File: (11) Sekk.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
(11) Sekk.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>
File: (12) Sekk.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
(12) Sekk.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>
File: (13) Arbeidsbukse.jpg (1 MB, 2896x2448) Image search: [Google]
(13) Arbeidsbukse.jpg
1 MB, 2896x2448
This is what I wear in my workwear
>>
>>995306
Dremel
>>
>>1004464
Nice Wera drivers. I use a lot of smaller bits, and I've found Wiha to be the best in that department. Knipex for wire cutters.
>>
>>1004464
I have the same OLFA knife. They are the brissness
>>
>>1004455
yeah it could avoidable if I cleaned them but I'm too lazy. >>1004383 I've a Bosch sds like that its a bit older though, got a corded Makita one too but I don't use that as much.
>>
>>1004464
What a cute Bob the builder starter set...
>>
>>1003533
>Quality is just below DeWalt
jesus ...
>>
>>1004720
He isnt necessarily wrong.
>>
>>1004720
I prefer Dewalt drills. Makita make some good shit though I had a makita chainsaw that was good and my makita sds is still going strong and I've had that for ages.
>>
>>995516
This.

The old Dewalt nicads were crazy too, ran for 8 hours on 6 batteries, ripping 2 bys and ply
>>
TTI for my shop. I do have some review samples from Dewalt.

Love the M18 Fuel line up from Milwaukee, oil impact and radios from Ridgid, bandsaw/chainsaw from Ryobi.

Once a year I join my nephew's youth group on a trip to go fix houses, and I usually keep a few of the $80 Ryobi drill and circ saw sets for the kids. Can't beat that price.
>>
>>1004622

Starter set? What are you talking about? These tools work just fine and I used them every weekday for many years. You are just a pretender trying to look cool.
>>
>>1004948
Lighten up girly. It was a joke. My daughter thinks colors of those driver are pretty. Your skin isn't thick enough to work a trade...go be an accountant or something....
>>
>>1004957

How is replying to a stupid reply considered weak? There was no hints at what you said was a joke and now you are contradicting yourself yet again as I have been working multiple years in the trade without an issue.
>>
What is the most powerful consumer grade brushless power tools? I recently discovered these are a cheap way to get powerful BLDC motors and reduction gears.I ordered some 2KW electric chainsaw the other day for $40, no one wants them because it's an old model. 2000W 80V is the most powerful I have found so far, the ones with cords are cheap AC motors from what I can tell, even on the expensive brands.
>>
>>1004961
>>Bob the builder
...couldn't tell it was a joke

>>working multiple years in a trade
Yet those tools look brand new. Nobody says that, people say...I've been a XXXX for 25 years.

The autism is string with this one.
>>
>>1004965

>What a cute Bob the builder starter set...
Yes, I couldn't tell whether you were joking or being a dick.

>Yet those tools look brand new
Those images are old, from when they were brand new (The power tools), I take good care of my tools and when I work for my company I don't use my own tools. Whether you believe I'm an electrician or not is up to you, I don't really care.
>>
A sparky? That explains everything.
>>
Yup, a primadonna wire nut
>>
>>1004971

Don't worry with him. He has to vent because while he is home showing his daughter images on 4chan his wife is out on a date with some electrical contractor because he can't satisfy her in bed but refuses to end the relationship because he still loves her so he let's her sleep around.

Really his dick just shrivles up even more but he keeps on a brave face.
>>
>>1005009
Hurrr durrr
>>
>>1004957
All vde cert drives are this colour. If you had the ability to grow a brain you would realise that this is essential kit for anyone doing serious work in the trade. It's not just your livelihood on the line it's your life. So fuck off you retard go find somewhere else to drool.
The lad is clearly a spark, torpedo level for accessories, knife for stripping sheath and a non contact indicator. Pretty obvious to anyone who has ever seen an electrician. Only thing missing is g/y sleeve tied to his belt loop
>>
>>1005005
>>1004993

Samefag much?
>>
>>995306
dewalt
>>995309
kek
>>
I'm a Milwaukee guy, swear by the M18 Fuel stuff. I recently bought the 4 piece Kobalt Brushless combo kit and the circular saw and I've gotta say that I'm impressed. I wouldn't have bought the tools at full price, but I got everything for 50% off and just couldn't turn that down.

The drill, driver and light are pretty good, but the recip and circular saw are awesome. Definitely can tell that kobalt took some serious cues from Milwaukee.
>>
>>1005432
Ha. Nice try, but no....
>>
>>1005016
>>colour
>>kit

Eat shit Uropoor
>>
>>1005736

Show me some American isolated drivers that aren't shit and don't have bright colors.
>>
Brightly colored? Sort of.

More masculine than Wera? Most definitely.
>>
>>1006005

More manly than Wera? Whatever you say, how can you be so insecure that bright colors on tools = feminine. Wera is a good brand for screwdrivers, they are also relatively cheap. Most people prefer their design and grip.
>>
Jesus H Christ... I never realized how sensitive EruoCucks were until now. Enjoy your tools and best of luck to you. Tradesman here usually enjoy a good exchange of jokes about tools and such. Never fucking mind...
>>
>>1006037
These are all tool shill fags not tradesmen.
>>
>>1006005
Nice shilldrivers.
>>
File: uten navn.jpg (1 MB, 3012x1452) Image search: [Google]
uten navn.jpg
1 MB, 3012x1452
>>1006070

Sure man, I just have a billion work related photos you won't find anywhere else on the internet. I think it's the other way around, some of you are too angry/unstable to be hired.
>>
how bad did I do?
>>
>>1006138

it is okay, as long as you didn't pay like 1000 bucks.
>>
>>1006138

Why'd you get 3 drills?
>>
>>1006139
closer to 900
>>
>>1006141
different tools for different jobs. that and I'm just picky like that
>>
>>1006141
There is only one drill there friend...
>>
>>1006141
>>1006171
IDK what you faggots are talking about, I don't see any drills, just screwguns.
>>
>>1006205
>knows drill press is best drill
>>
>>1004464
Amerikanarna verkar vara efterblivna lol. Kör också transporter bra bilar
>>
>>1000796
It can be done.

Done it several times.
>>
>>1004622
Wera, Fluke?
Lol you don't know jack shit about jack shit, jack.

>>1004464
I for one, am a huge fan of the folding ruler.
>>
>>1006374

When I was an apprentice this old guy who I was working with told me all apprentices were put to drilling holes with this tool, hammering and turning this thing all day. He was like 50 years old. No man with respect for himself would use this tool nowadays, making a decent size hole (20mm) could take up to multiple workdays depending on thickness of wall.
>>
>>1006159

Unless you are doing wildly different things all the time one drill should be just fine. Some of those torque drills are only useful if you for example are fastening bolts on car wheels all day.
>>
>>1006451
>bolts on car wheels
Please, for the love of god, never use an impact driver on your car. Get an actual torque wrench and torque it to specifications. Also, use anti-sieze and safe everyone of hassle of an overtorqued siezed bolt.
>>
>>1006451
>wildly different things
The drill is for drilling things. The impact driver is for driving screws. The impact wrench is for working with large nuts and bolts and lag screws, as on a car or large bolted structure. For the drill/driver in particular, it's useful to have both together, since a lot of projects involve drilling holes and running screws through them. The impact driver and wrench are not suitable for drilling, though you can get away with it for small holes in wood. The impact driver is much better at driving fasteners than the drill. So yes, wildly different things.

>>1006464
I use my impact wrench to remove and snug up lug nuts, then finish with a torque wrench. The low setting on that impact wrench works very well for snugging lug nuts. It has about the same torque as the impact driver, which can also be used to snug lug nuts.
>>
>>1006467

I dont understand why people would need an impact driver for screws, regular drills drive them just fine. You would need pretty ridiculous screws to stop the regular 18v drill.
>>
File: lintel-star-bit.jpg (47 KB, 450x349) Image search: [Google]
lintel-star-bit.jpg
47 KB, 450x349
>>1006374
Wrongler pls go
>>1006450
You don't hammer with a brace.
I highly doubt he was talking about a brace.
The tool you're talking about is a star drill bit for stone, and is a drill bit you hammer, rotate, repeat. Pic related.
>>
>>1006469
>need
Of course you don't NEED an impact driver to drive screws. A screwdriver works just fine. It just does a much better job than a screwdriver or drill. They are faster, and their chucks are designed specifically to work with 1/4" hex driver bits. The periodic impacts are much less likely to strip fasteners than a regular drill. Have you ever used one? My (new, brushless) cordless drill has about the same torque as my dad's (several-year-old, brushed) impact driver, but the impact driver is much better at driving screws because it's optimized for it.
>>
>>1006470

They didn't hammer with the brace, they hammered with something else , they alternated hammering and drilling with the brace.
>>
>>1006472

I have used one, it was easier, but not easy enough for me to alternate constantly between drills. Driving screws was easy enough as it was.
>>
>>1006450
>making a decent size hole (20mm) could take up to multiple workdays depending on thickness of wall.
Not if you use a modern bit. It wouldn't take much longer than with a power drill.
>>
>>1006478

That bit better be magic, and it would cost a ton, probably a fraction of buying a hammer drill. From my experience it would take forever no matter what kind of bit you have on that tool.

The only place that tool might work is in soft, old and shitty concrete/plaster (No idea what it is) but on some of my workplaces my hammer drill just glides through.
>>
>>1006474
You only rotate it a 1/4 to 1 turn though. Using a brace would be pointless.
You, or the old guy, one of you are lying.
It's more of a chisel than a drill.
>>
>>1006476
OK, but suppose you're doing something like building a deck, where you have to cut and drill stock to fit where it's needed, and there are a few hundred philips-head screws to drive. Doing that with one drill would involve dozens of driver/drill bit swaps and have you fighting cam-out in awkward spots. If you're going to have a second tool, a dedicated impact driver does a better job while usually costing less than a drill. Especially ones that can drive lag screws.
>>
>>1006478
By power drill, do you mean something like a carbide bit in a regular drill, or an actual hammer drill? Because even John Henry can't compare to hammer drills, let alone a proper SDS drill.
>>
>>1006481

I guess an impact driver would be nice if you are screwing almost all day
>>
>>1006489
Now scale that down to something like putting up some shelves. Having the drill and driver together in a bag with some basic accessories like drill/driver bits, a level, and some screws is nice for a lot of projects a homeowner might do. Finding time to do projects with work, kids, and other commitments justifies investment in things like that.
>>
>>1006492
>having kids
what are you, a cuck?
>>
>>997678
>vacuum
>more then their car

I laughed, and then realized I got my saturn Ion for $750, and use this every day at work.
>>
Bought an 18v Ryobi as my first cordless 10 years ago during the first year of my electrical apprenticeship. 2x NiCd batteries in a cheap molded case. Case broke within a year.
Smashed and abused this drill for 6 years straight. Pushing in through things on low battery etc before buying a Milwaukee set. I gave the drill with a single battery to my housemate when i moved out.

Fast forward 4 years and Im having a bbq at his place, he wants to show me a PI controller he made for his still. Breaks out the old Ryobi to pull it apart. 1 single battery left and 10 years later this $70 drill is still powering along.

Pic related.
>>
>>1008346
I still have mine. My wife is trying to kill it using it as a tool to remove gourd insides and cleaning (High lateral load, killing the bearing)

I tossed the batteries though when I bought a li-ion set. No reason to put up with a dead nicd. It's like having a new drill
>>
>>1008346
Half of those black and red label Ryobis were american made. I have a USA made Ryobi router with that label.
>>
>>1004404

Dude let his toad out to test his flashlight then blamed his wife.
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.