[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I was wondering if i could get some advice. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: qNJhZjJ.jpg (86 KB, 638x604) Image search: [Google]
qNJhZjJ.jpg
86 KB, 638x604
Hey guys, I was wondering if i could get some advice.
I'm getting a new monitor today.
I want to stand my old on in a portrait configuration, but it's not built for that it seems.
It's an HP 2009m monitor.

Anybody do this ever?
>>
Really you'll have to improvise a mount and other than that you should be fine other than viewing angles might be an issue
>>
File: Vesa Mount.jpg (123 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Vesa Mount.jpg
123 KB, 1200x1200
>>993874
Buy a cheap VESA mount

You see the square HP logo on the back?
Pop the cover off and there is a vesa mount holes behind it.

Buy something like pic related, and mount it in portrait.

If you are planning to have a dual screen setup with the old and the new, you can buy desk vesa mounts like pic related with 2 arms.

All the cheap ones are from the same exact factory so just find them as cheap as you can.
>>
Those cats yours?
>>
>>993874
if your new one can do portrait, swap the stands
>>
>>995926
yup, all mine - love to keep them, but my wifes son is allergic, keeps complaining (he breeds frogs but) and what with the price of catfood nowadays - you wanna buy one? can maybe post.
>>
>>995950

>but my wifes son

Fuck...this is becoming a fucking nightmare...

Keep kats...get rid of wife...

>problem solved...
>>
>>995699
I got a VIVO brand mount a few months ago. They're fantastic quality AND cheap.
>>
>>995950
>>995959

Yeah, I can't tell if this person is serious, or the "wife's son" meme is leaking into other boards from /vr/
>>
>>996051
Its been spammed on a ton of boards for the last 6 months.
>>
File: 311XVVCUDIL.jpg (9 KB, 500x205) Image search: [Google]
311XVVCUDIL.jpg
9 KB, 500x205
>>995963
I dont even remember the brand I bought, but I got the 3 monitor stand off Amazon. The one with the rounded fixed bar on the back like pic related. Holds up to three 28" monitors.

The thing is really fucking heavy, and my monitors are 24s and actually pretty light for their size. Its rock solid, and I see the same exact stands being sold for double the price with a different logo put on them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.