[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dishwasher troubleshooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1446519432650.jpg (443 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1446519432650.jpg
443 KB, 1024x768
So my GE Nautilus dishwasher isn't draining. I've checked to see that the solenoid operates when turning the dial, it does. Also I checked the resistance. It was 35 ohms, online it said it should be around 40. When turning the dial the solenoid activates, when reaching the wash and rinse cycles, but not when reaching the plate dry or end of the cycle. IDK if that's normal or not, I couldn't find anything online.

I've also checked the filters for obstructions, and checked the drain valve to the sink, everything was clean.

The rubber on the piston valve is in good condition.

So I would assume the last thing it could be is the pump/motor/whatever, right? Is there a way to test this? I've been googling this for hours and I just seem to be at a dead end.

Model number: GSD4000J00WW
>>
>>993816
I don't know about that particular model but most dishwashers run the motor in one direction to wash the dishes and reverse the motor to drain.

Is the motor running when it should be draining?

Also, I've seen a couple of cases where the check-valve in the drain hose was clogged causing it to not drain.

The solenoid operates to allow water in. It should not operate when draining.
>>
>>993830
The motor is running on rinse. Should it run on plate dry to pump the water out or is the water pumped at the end of the rinse cycle?

I'll take a look at the check valve in a bit.
>>
visit repair clinic dot com and enter your model number, will not allow me to post the link
>>
>>993816
You did well with the technical stuff, but I would have started from the simple end.

Is any part of the drain clogged with grease or random crap?

Do you know if the pump works at all? If a sharp metal object found it's way in there, it could have taken out all of the plastic impeller blades.

Good luck.
>>
>>993816
holy shit, you have a two stroke dishwasher?
Why do you keep in on an africa teir dirt trail? Im surprised its not stoled yet!
>>
>>993816
Just my idiot idea, have you checked the opening the drain vents into? the thing the air gets pushed out of when the water is draining? I am not sure of the name but mine clogged on a rare but regular basis and whenever it did nothing would drain.
>>
>>993816
My dishwasher has a "Drain" function.
One of the buttons is marked "Drain"
Press this button and it drains the machine.
It comes in handy sometimes because for whatever reason my machine doesnt drain all the way every time
>>
If it happens to my dishwasher it means it's either clogged filter onthe bottom or pump is stuck (usually a toothpick that made it trought filter).
take the pump out and make sure that the rotor or whatever you call it is not stuck
>>
>>993816
Coming from someone who troubleshoots professionally, if the solenoid works at all i wouldnt worry about when its actuating. If its actuating at the wrong time its probably an issue with some sort of control board somewhere but i think that would be unlikely. To check the pump (and this is all going off the top of my head) find out first if its A/C powered or D/C (its probably 120v A/C but i am not claiming thats a fact). Then there should be a hot and a neutral heading to the motor, disconnect those wires and attach them to an appropriate power source that you know works.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.