[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/kes. I want to build an underground dwelling for bugging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: dump-truck-003.jpg (264 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dump-truck-003.jpg
264 KB, 1600x1200
Hi /diy/kes. I want to build an underground dwelling for bugging out and living in.

I have access to some old dump trucks at my dads work.

I think I can use the dump truck as a secure bunker if I flip the bed over and use the bed as a living space. How do I keep water and bugsout if the bed is burried?

Can i camouflage it in a scrap yard so people think it is junk instead of my secret lair?

Pic Rel8d, plz help
>>
>>990941

the first thing i would do is really look into how the thing is made, just because it can carry a lot of weight does not mean its designed to hold the weight of the wheels/axles ect from above. last thing you want is the bucket rusting from above then dropping half a truck on your head.
>>
>>990941
we can help you make a jump to flip it over with some shipping containers and pallets
>>
Maybe but if somone saw a nice dump truck in a scrap yard they may try to salvage it or maybe even flip it back over to try to flx it up
>>
>>990952
>work.

I would use one that is old and busted I was thinking maybe I can light the cab on fire so it looks less appealing, but salvage the engine for use as a genny with some alternators for making power.
>>
File: Untitled.png (39 KB, 951x456) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
39 KB, 951x456
>>990941
>secret lair
>>
I'm over 22, I am going to trade school right now for IT and I want a place I can go to be alone. Girls and friends don't like to be at my parent's place with me.
>>
>>990969
Get an apartment.
>>
honestly, why not build a basement into a hillside and let shrubbery grow over it until it looks abandoned and shitty? Build it out innawoods or remote land. A place with a spring and a year round downhill creek or small river. Bury a cistern fed by the spring which is lead underground to the house. Build a shitty looking shed or even just a side room in the basement where a pennstock from the creek/river goes powering a permanent magnet alternator with a pelton wheel, drain at the bottom, underground again going back to the river downhill. Have some screens and rocks near the intake in the river to hide it and you have a nice looking abandoned building thats cool in the summer, warm in the winter and has free electric with no sign of anything.
>>
>>990965
>my sides
>>
>It's a thinly veiled connex bunker episode.

>>990965
Basically this.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.