[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey fellas, I need my bench vise to be attached to a rigid surface
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 385x382) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 385x382
Hey fellas, I need my bench vise to be attached to a rigid surface and none of my workbenches is hefty enough, so I fixed it to a little brick wall in my shop that is about dick-height . At first it seemed alright, but it got loose fast because the brick is hollow (pic related). Any tips on what anchoring technique I should use?
>>
anchor to concrete my son
>>
Make your workbench stiffer
>>
>>990753
This.

Anchor your workbench to the wall in a couple spots if you can't into how to make it stiffer (which at some point just comes at adding more weight or turning it into steel)
>>
>>990744
>anchor to concrete
>on a clay brick

you are not very smart are you
>>
>>990740
Build a better workbench. Wood is alright but if you can weld or know someone who can, get a steel one. Keep in mind if you're getting a buddy to weld it for you it's still gonna be expensive.
>>
>>990785
My workbench with the big vise for heavy work is 3" thick laminated plywood bolted to a heavy welded steel frame, bolted to the wall. The under-table shelf holds bins with a couple hundred pounds of steel scrap.
>>
Bolt the workbench to the floor? That structural clay tile is piss poor at best to anchor anything into it.
>>
A dick-hight wall with convenient dick size hole?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.