[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roof/drywall damage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
So the water has gotten in from the plumbing fixtures on the roof , causing mold in the wood , not the whole roof but certain spots. I have a friend who can fix it , but wants to charge me 1270 for it. is this reasonable ? And he also wants to reshingle the whole roof so it won't happen again. Yay or nay ?
>>
That's in just labor. In supplies he's estimating something like 3-5 grand in supplies.
>>
Sounds kinda sketchy. Where do you live that a new roof costs less than 10k?
>>
>>990580
I live in Southern California , i think it might just be leaks around the plumbing fixtures since that's where it drips in and wasn't sealed up right. What would you guys say is a reasonable price ?
>>
>>990564
fix the roof or anything spent will be a complete waste
>>
>>990590
That's what he was saying , that you're better off fixing the roof and making sure its fixed than patching up and later it coming back n biting your ass. But the price is reasonable ?
>>
What are you planning on doing with your ceiling? Gonna make good the damaged areas or just hang and mud a new skin? You are going to do that stuff yourself right? That would save you a little bit at least.
>>
>>990619
Well he's going to replace the wood that got damaged by the water , and we're both going to do the reshingles , he's also going to do the drywall and there's a side on the house that needs to be restuckoed. He's a friend who owes me 1270 , and he brought it up saying if he fixed everything , we be fair.
>>
It's a stupid idea to reshingle the whole roof. You just need to find the source of the leak, seal it, and replace the damaged wood/drywall.
>>
>>991757
You haven't seen his roof, how do you know it's not totally shit? If it's leaking in multiple places and 30 years old it should be totally reshingled.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.