[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/. I have paintball parts. (HPA tank, high pressure regulator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1459227014513.jpg (41 KB, 421x834) Image search: [Google]
1459227014513.jpg
41 KB, 421x834
Hey /diy/. I have paintball parts. (HPA tank, high pressure regulator & hose) and a gas mask. -IF- I were to connect the 2 (via an adapter for the 40mm mask) and try to breathe through it, what are the chances it doesent work or I rupture my lungs? Pic semi related, some of you guys faces after reading this post.
>>
>>990172
masks are supposed to release pressure from the inside to the outside
others only filter the inputs with no regards of pressure differential
nothing will happen unless the mask you are taking about is a diving dress
why you want to do this anyway? the tanks of those marker/pistols are filled with co2. if you wanna off yourself it wont work
>>
>>990180
No the HPA tanks are for compressed air. What if I blocked off the exhale valve on the mask and put a one way valve after the regulator? So that there'd be low pressure air, and it'd only be pumped into the mask when I inhaled? And im not trying to off myself, just looking for something to do with these spare parts.
>>
>>990183
Or better yet I wont even block off the exhale. So when I breathe in the valve from my air source opens, and when I exhale the exhale valve opens and the other closes?
>>
>>990183
>>990184
keep the exhale way open, and you can skip the one way valve
if you can get some kind of strong ballon or something like it you might make a underwater breathing apparatus (low value on the regulator, "ballon" to hold outcoming air from tank between breaths) (no point in getting a proper mouth breather just for this)
gl & pls post results
>if you survive muahahaah
>>
>>990210
wait, scratch that, fking booze
ballon underwater is clearly a no go, if have to fight water and the pressure in it
well gl anyways
>>
>>990214
>>990210
Thanks anon ill make a 2nd one like that (One im working on now is for above water)
>>
>>990172
you need a Scuba Regulator or a Constant Flow Regulator. So the output pressure never exceds the 1 to 1,5 kg/cm2 (15 to 21psi or less). Otherwise you may sofocate cause you can't exale the air in your lungs.
>>
File: rough scba schematic.png (12 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
rough scba schematic.png
12 KB, 819x460
>>990231
Right. I was probably going to set the reg to 15 psi. Heres a really shitty diagram of how i might build it
>>
>>990237
minus the check valve sorry
>>
This looks pretty cool, OP. Just have a friend there when you try it for the first time just in case.
What do you need it for, anyway? Metro cosplay or some shit?
>>
>>990369
Sorry for extra late reply but I just had junk laying around and thought I could make something out of it. If it actually does work Ill probably use it for when im cutting/painting things. Although it'd be overkill...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.